PDA

View Full Version : Icon series in the Billboard charts

test

wichmanne
09-10-2010, 11:20 AM
The Icon series has hit the Billboard charts this week.

The highest classic Motown title is The Temptations at 48 on the R&B Albums chart.

Marvin Gaye, Smokey and the Jackson 5 also chart.

jobeterob
09-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks wichmanne.

I don't watch the chart like I used to.

But what this shows is the power of the Greatest Hit type of series. And it also shows how much sales have slipped over the last ten years - that a series that is issuing albums that have been released in various fashions a dozen times over - still make the charts.

Did any of them make the lower reaches of the Top 200 CD Chart?

pj1
09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=wichmanne;6908]The Icon series has hit the Billboard charts this week.

The highest classic Motown title is The Temptations at 48 on the R&B Albums chart.

Is that the single or double cd set? And where does the other one [[the non-48th) lie on the chart?

copley
09-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks wichmanne.

But what this shows is the power of the Greatest Hit type of series. And it also shows how much sales have slipped over the last ten years - that a series that is issuing albums that have been released in various fashions a dozen times over - still make the charts.

None made this weeks BB Top 200 album charts.

Kamasu_Jr
09-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks wichmanne.

Good points Rob, In case of the Temptations, I'd also say it's their loyal following and new fans coming onboard. Remember the Temptations' moviee has aired on VH1 consistently for a whole year now.
The Icon series does have some great cover photos, but they don't offer much musically most of us have not already heard.