PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Hologram Tour being considered by his brothers.

test

R. Mark Desjardins
04-19-2012, 08:17 PM
According to E! Online, Jackie Jackson stated that having Michael Jackson's hologram join him and brothers Tito, Jermaine and Marlon on tour next year is "absolutely" an option. He went on to state, "Wouldn't it be wonderful? As matter of face we had that idea two years ago for Michael's Cirque du Soleil Show."
Jackie also stated that the Jackson foursome are already planning to perform some of Michael's songs. "We're going to honor him on stage. He'd want up to do our thing to the best of our ability," he said.

soulster
04-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Tacky. Bad taste. Desperate. The brothers should really move on. I'm sure they have the ability to move on without Michael.

nomis
04-19-2012, 09:17 PM
they would be better going with the concept that INXS and Queen used..get a singer to do his legacy justice...Justin Timberlake would be ideal his voice can hit MJs high pitch and hes one hell of a dancer..I have friend here in New Zealand called Annie Crummer without a doubt NZs greatest singer..she did some tracks with Queen..she didnt try and copy Mercury she did it in her own style...her rendition of "Another One Bites The Dust" was sizzling...

kenneth
04-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I only have one reaction to this...yuck!

BabyLuv64
04-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I think this idea is coming up because of the buzz generated from last week's Coachella surprise that's now gone viral. Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre had a hologram version of the rapper Tupac appear during their live set. It was quite amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJtarY5BIo

carlo
04-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Some days I wish I could move to a different planet, because this one is just getting too weird for me. lol.

marv2
04-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Some days I wish I could move to a different planet, because this one is just getting too weird for me. lol.

Hey I get that thought at least once a week about New York and I start thinking CANADA! LOL!

marv2
04-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I think this idea is coming up because of the buzz generated from last week's Coachella surprise that's now gone viral. Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre had a hologram version of the rapper Tupac appear during their live set. It was quite amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJtarY5BIo

As I said in the thread about this on the Main Forum, this usage of holograms is going to create problems that are unforseen at this moment.

jobeterob
04-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Desperation. But these guys are getting nothing from the billion being raked in by the Soleil Tour; it is making millions a week for the kids and Mrs. J.

So they are exploiting their connection; I guess it is to be expected and they do have a connection and Jermaine is amongst them............so, no surprise.

But it is bizarre.

kenneth
04-19-2012, 11:15 PM
I may be in the minority, but I've never even liked those fake duets with singers long gone...like the recent pairings of Elvis with someone, or even Natalie Cole's duet with her father [[though I think that one was the first and it had more sentimental value just because it was those two singers involved). But usually, I find that practice kind of creepy.

marv2
04-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Desperation. But these guys are getting nothing from the billion being raked in by the Soleil Tour; it is making millions a week for the kids and Mrs. J.

So they are exploiting their connection; I guess it is to be expected and they do have a connection and Jermaine is amongst them............so, no surprise.

But it is bizarre.

Oh yes they are! They are seeing financial gain through their Mother, Katherine Jackson. Those kids are not getting everything and they shouldn't! The brothers will always receive $$$

Exploiting their connection? HA! I guess you forgot that they are Michael Jackson's FLESH AND BLOOD! You must have also forgot that it was they, along with Michael that formed the GROUP "The Jackson Five" and later on "The Jacksons". They all became famous from being in that group. We would not have heard of a Michael Jackson had Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon had not formed that group with their father's direction! They are suppose to benefit from these ventures. It can no longer help Michael.

What I find bizarre is that people that don't know that family view them as emotionally detached semi-strangers that once worked together to make music. They are a true, family in the most traditional sense!

marv2
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I may be in the minority, but I've never even liked those fake duets with singers long gone...like the recent pairings of Elvis with someone, or even Natalie Cole's duet with her father [[though I think that one was the first and it had more sentimental value just because it was those two singers involved). But usually, I find that practice kind of creepy.

It is not only creepy, but it is probably sacrilegious! All that aside, I can see some heavy problems down the pike when it comes to the estates of those deceased performers and the use of their likenesses in holographic form.

jobeterob
04-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Holograms we wish would tour...............from CNN

Janis, Elvis, Michael, Jim, Marvin etc............

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/17/showbiz/music/hologram-artists-tupac-shakur/index.html

Roberta75
04-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Holograms we wish would tour...............from CNN

Janis, Elvis, Michael, Jim, Marvin etc............

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/17/showbiz/music/hologram-artists-tupac-shakur/index.html

It's really no worse that the recent Elvis tour in Europe where film of him sings alongside a live orchestra and backing singers. It's not something I would pay money to see but each to their own. It's pretty harmless as is this hologram thing. Surely everyone knows what it is when they buy their ticket.

Roberta

Roberta

nomis
04-20-2012, 12:00 AM
hell no one cared outside the MJ fanbase when Sony released that MJ cd a couple of years ago that had tracks on it that wasnt even MJ singing,and not even a good mimic at that..it set a really dangerous precident for the future of marketing artists back catalogs and they chose to do it to not someone with a low public indentifcation but the most successful artist in the history of recorded music..made me boil..that single off the album - "Hollywood Tonight" aint Mike singing,hes doing the beat box noise on it and thats it..the guy on the track dosent even sound close..a disgraceful sham,fraud,deception and cheap ploy by a conglomerate that made literally a billion dollars off the guy,sure Mike was one messed up guy but he didnt deserve such total disrespect to his artistry..and like I say - If they can getaway with doing it to him then the rest of the recording industry better watch out...

kenneth
04-20-2012, 12:25 AM
It's really no worse that the recent Elvis tour in Europe where film of him sings alongside a live orchestra and backing singers. It's not something I would pay money to see but each to their own. It's pretty harmless as is this hologram thing. Surely everyone knows what it is when they buy their ticket.

Roberta

Roberta

I don't think I heard about that. I think Richard Carpenter did that as well, playing with a live orchestra to film of Karen singing some songs. I was a big Carpenters fan but again, I just found that too ghoulish. The memories and actual recordings are always better than trying to recreate some sort of live simulation, at least to me.

carlo
04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
The memories and actual recordings are always better than trying to recreate some sort of live simulation, at least to me.

Exactly. A person is better off staying home and watching a live DVD. What's the difference between that and a hologram?

milven
04-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I saw the J-5 a few times when they were in their prime. My favorite was Jermaine. I have no interest in seeing this performance. To do J-5 songs without Michael is senseless and with a hologram, is creepy. I am no longer a fan of Jermaine who is an exploiter. Yes, he was a part of the J-5 [[my favorite part), but he has been exploiting Michael's solo super stardom fame for a long time by writing books, doing interviews etc. Almost every time you see him or read about him, it is about Micheal. He may be family, but he is an exploiter. I'm skipping this concert.

BabyLuv64
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
I saw the J-5 a few times when they were in their prime. My favorite was Jermaine. I have no interest in seeing this performance. To do J-5 songs without Michael is senseless and with a hologram, is creepy. I am no longer a fan of Jermaine who is an exploiter. Yes, he was a part of the J-5 [[my favorite part), but he has been exploiting Michael's solo super stardom fame for a long time by writing books, doing interviews etc. Almost every time you see him or read about him, it is about Micheal. He may be family, but he is an exploiter. I'm skipping this concert.

This is definitely true unfortunately. Who can forget all those times he went to the media peddling J5 reunion tours promising MJ's participation & then MJ's ppl releasing a statement denying it. It's a mess. I just think these guys need the money & want to do this to draw attraction from the public.

marv2
04-20-2012, 11:58 AM

I hope he, Jermaine continues! I hope he makes as much money as he can. Michael was his brother and there definitely those out there "exploiting" Michael Jackson that never even met him let alone loved him!

Roberta75
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Exactly. A person is better off staying home and watching a live DVD. What's the difference between that and a hologram?

The Tupac hologram seems to have upset a lot of people, but the crowd at the Coachella music festival loved it. Tricks and gimmicks that use celebrities who have passed have been around for decades. Natalie Cole recorded a duet with her beloved daddy, made a video and then in her concert Nat and natalie appeared on stage together via video and good lighting. Lisa Marie Presley did the same thing with her daddy.

If it bothers you, stay home and if it doesn't, buy a concert ticket.

Best to everyone,

Roberta

marv2
04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I also very much hope that Marlon Jackson is in or gets into a position to make a great deal of money from his brother's life and works. I would like to see Marlon financially secure for the rest of his life. I'd like to see he and Jermaine team up and do the lecture circuit. There would be many people that would pay to see and hear them discuss just about anything related to their careers, family and the music business.

marv2
04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
The Tupac hologram seems to have upset a lot of people, but the crowd at the Coachella music festival loved it. Tricks and gimmicks that use celebrities who have passed have been around for decades. Natalie Cole recorded a duet with her beloved daddy, made a video and then in her concert Nat and natalie appeared on stage together via video and good lighting. Lisa Marie Presley did the same thing with her daddy.

If it bothers you, stay home and if it doesn't, buy a concert ticket.

Best to everyone,

Roberta

People have also been known to "gawk at" or "rubber neck" roadside accidents. What happened at Coachella was a novelty. I hope Tupac's family were paid a HUGE amount to allow it. I hope the estates of other deceased performers charge so much for rights that this practice will become cost prohibitive in the future!

If you don't like a differing opinion on this "practice"....too bad!

lakedistrictlad1
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Dig him up and put the real thing back on stage. He could do a really fabulous version of thriller now!!

BabyLuv64
04-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Dig him up and put the real thing back on stage. He could do a really fabulous version of thriller now!!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kEJaWR4QT-Q/TfwxcKC9l6I/AAAAAAAAA-E/FDrCBKORwbw/RHONY-alex-shocked.gif

marv2
04-20-2012, 02:28 PM

That is very disrespectful.

marv2
04-20-2012, 02:29 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kEJaWR4QT-Q/TfwxcKC9l6I/AAAAAAAAA-E/FDrCBKORwbw/RHONY-alex-shocked.gif

What are you attempting to convey with this GIF/graphic?

marv2
04-20-2012, 02:38 PM
As I was saying. Of all the people on Earth who's lives were touched by Michael Jackson, I would very much hope his brothers and the rest of his real family benefit the most from his legacy and that includes his father!

I am opposed to the use of a hologram of Michael onstage. If they wanted to show old video footage of him on a screen or still photographs, that would be fine and a classier route of remembrance in my opinion.

marv2
04-20-2012, 05:27 PM
The Jackson Five. No gimmicks, no holograms, no kidding! Just pure God Given, Joe Jackson cultivated TALENT!!!!

marv2
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Here are the Jackson 5 in suits that their mother Katherine Jackson made for them. They were signed with Gordon Keith's Steeltown Records based in Gary, Indiana.

144man
04-28-2012, 06:20 AM
That is very disrespectful.

Marv

Sometimes I wish it were compulsory for members to write their Country in their profile. I can see that type of irreverent humour might not appeal to everybody, but it is so very British.