PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Dark Shadows star Jonathan Frid

test

timmyfunk
04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=722167

marv2
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
OMG! He was still alive all this time? I am very surprised and saddened at the same time. I loved his portrayal of "Barnabas Collins" on "Dark Shadows", RIP!

Doug-Morgan
04-19-2012, 09:13 PM
As did a lot of other people. Dark Shadows was the Twin Peaks of it's time. Class schedules were adjusted so we could watch it. RIP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSbCqp_a3iE

timmyfunk
04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Can either one of you DS enthusiasts tell me why "House Of Dark Shadows" isn't on DVD?

marv2
04-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Doug, we use to watch "Dark Shadows" every afternoon after school and right before Dick Clark's "Where the Action Is". That show was so popular that we had the lunch boxes, the trading cards and the toys from the show.

marv2
04-19-2012, 10:18 PM
The new movie version of Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp is suppose to be released in just a couple of weeks.

marv2
04-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Can either one of you DS enthusiasts tell me why "House Of Dark Shadows" isn't on DVD?

It was not that good in my opinion but since everything else is turning up on DVD, I can't see why it isn't. They made that movie while the series was still airing. That's how popular Dark Shadows had become.

mark speck
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM
House of Dark Shadows was released by MGM...I wonder why it's not, if it indeed isn't.

I used to watch this show when I was a kid, both when it first aired and in reruns. Barnabas was one of the great characters of television. RIP, Mr. Frid, and thank you... :[[

Best,

Mark

nosey
04-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Wow, us girls loved that not so handsome but sexy Barnabas Collins! Would run home from work just to watch the show. Even had my daddy watching it and that was a feat in itself! RIP Mr. Frid.

splanky
04-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Jonathin Frid was the sh*t as Barnabas Collins. I know he was a very highly skilled actor otherwise and tried to escape
that role but even he finally realised he was as vital to it as Bela Lugosi was to his portayal of Count Dracula. For me
there's those two and then there's the rest as far as vampire roles. I hear Jonathin has a cameo in the Johnny Depp movie, BTW...Anyway, Rest in Peace, sir..

marv2
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Jonathin Frid was the sh*t as Barnabas Collins. I know he was a very highly skilled actor otherwise and tried to escape
that role but even he finally realised he was as vital to it as Bela Lugosi was to his portayal of Count Dracula. For me
there's those two and then there's the rest as far as vampire roles. I hear Jonathin has a cameo in the Johnny Depp movie, BTW...Anyway, Rest in Peace, sir..

He was wasn't he? He did his thang and kept us kids interested for month after month, year after year! I thought the woman that played Angelique the witch was very believeable also. Remember Quintin?

marv2
04-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow, us girls loved that not so handsome but sexy Barnabas Collins! Would run home from work just to watch the show. Even had my daddy watching it and that was a feat in itself! RIP Mr. Frid.

When this show came on, we had to get two TV's! We made my father get another television so that my mother could watch her "stories" [[i.e. The Edge of Night, The Secret Storm and Search for Tomorrow....) while we watched OUR story......"Dark Shadows" on weekday afternoons! LOL!!!

P-Shark: The Revenge
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Strange that he and Dick Clark died days apart. Dick Clark's WHERE THE ACTION IS came on right after DARK SHADOWS.

OK who wants to play detective? In the below clip of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS, something is not right somewhere between the 7:45-8:45 mark.
Can you spot it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg9y8L7OVJM&feature=relmfu

marv2
04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Barnabas' reflection does not show up in the Dr's compact mirror, right?

I very much remember watching "Dark Shadows" and "Where the Action Is" in the afternoons after school.

04-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Well vampires don't cast reflections but that's not a mistake. Try again.

marv2
04-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Well vampires don't cast reflections but that's not a mistake. Try again.

Ok give me a min.

marv2
04-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Ok I've watched it twice and did not pick up on anything. What is it?

04-20-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll message you the answer