PDA

View Full Version : The Motown Museum

test

Roberta75
04-17-2012, 11:18 PM
My cousin Savannah was in Detroit last week and went to the Motown Museum on Saturday. She sent me this photo and called me tonight to tell me how overwhelmingly moved she was when she stood in that cute little house and remembered all the hits that came out of there. Savannah told me I was right.

I have been raving about the museum to Savvannah since 1988 so when she called me she said "Girl, when you told me it was the best bargain in Detroit you were right." All I could answer was I told you so cuz. Isn't it lovely to share your passion with a family member or friend?

Check out this lovely photo:

Fondly,

Roberta

nomis
04-17-2012, 11:21 PM
great photo...a magical building for sure..

Roberta75
04-17-2012, 11:24 PM
great photo...a magical building for sure..

Thank you dear.

Bless you,

Roberta

carlo
04-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Thank you for sharing the lovely photo, Roberta. I was at the Motown Museum last August for the first time and it was a wonderful experience. It was also bittersweet because it was the day after Esther Gordy Edwards had passed away. I might try to go back again sometime this summer.

Roberta75
04-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Thank you for sharing the lovely photo, Roberta. I was at the Motown Museum last August for the first time and it was a wonderful experience. It was also bittersweet because it was the day after Esther Gordy Edwards had passed away. I might try to go back again sometime this summer.

Don't thank me dear Carlo, thank my cousin Savannah. I was in Detroit a couple of years ago for a wedding, but time did not permit me to visit the museum. I may go next year to visit my uncle James and will definitely go back to the museum then.

It must have been bittersweet for you but oh what a beautiful job Mrs. Edwards did running that wonderful museum.

What a legacy her brother Berry has shared with us.

Fondly,

Roberta

randy_russi
04-18-2012, 08:03 AM
I visited the museum back in 1990 while visiting Martha inDetroit. Martha also went with us the second day we went
back --Ms. Edwards, Ms. Holley, etc. were wonderful. Butch Edwards was great too. Truly magical to stand in the
studio and know what sounds were created there. It took TALENT to do that.
Thanks for sharing, Roberta!!!

ivyfield
04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
It was the fulfillment of possibly my oldest dream. I sat on the steps outside and looked at the lawn and thought about all the great times there must have been with artists waiting for their studio time to come around so they could go in and make their next hit. Then I went into reception and saw Esther Gordy-Edwards who was there for a TV crew that were arriving later in the day. When I went into the 'snake pit' my heart stopped momentarily... I had all those old b&w clips running through my mind as I did my best to soak up as much of the aura that I could. I'd love to go again one day. How can such a small building hold all those memories? If only walls could talk..!

Roberta75
04-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I visited the museum back in 1990 while visiting Martha inDetroit. Martha also went with us the second day we went
back --Ms. Edwards, Ms. Holley, etc. were wonderful. Butch Edwards was great too. Truly magical to stand in the
studio and know what sounds were created there. It took TALENT to do that.
Thanks for sharing, Roberta!!!

You are very welcome randy_russi.

My best to you,

Roberta

Roberta75
04-18-2012, 01:01 PM
It was the fulfillment of possibly my oldest dream. I sat on the steps outside and looked at the lawn and thought about all the great times there must have been with artists waiting for their studio time to come around so they could go in and make their next hit. Then I went into reception and saw Esther Gordy-Edwards who was there for a TV crew that were arriving later in the day. When I went into the 'snake pit' my heart stopped momentarily... I had all those old b&w clips running through my mind as I did my best to soak up as much of the aura that I could. I'd love to go again one day. How can such a small building hold all those memories? If only walls could talk..!

I wept tears of joy the first time I stood in Studio A.

Thank you for sharing your fabulous photo ivyfield.

Best to you,

Roberta