PDA

View Full Version : "Let's Get It On" or"Sexual Healing" ???

test

144man
04-14-2012, 07:36 PM
From The Daily Mirror [[6 April 2012):

"Shy flamingos mated after zookeepers played them Marvin Gaye and Barry White tunes at Drusilla's Park in East Sussex."

Jerry Oz
04-14-2012, 07:55 PM
"After the Dance" followed by "Distant Lover". They were done by the time "Sexual Healing" came on and no longer talking to each other before the needle touched down on "Let's Get It On".

ms_m
04-15-2012, 06:45 PM
"Let's Get It On" or"Sexual Healing" ???

For me, they illicit separate vibes and separate emotions. Musically they are both great songs but compared to Sexual Healing....saying, Let's Get It On sounds corny as heck.;)

soulster
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
For me, it's going to be "Let's Get It On". "Sexual Healing" is too smooth and boring. The former has dynamics and emotion.

jobeterob
04-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Agree with Soulster to a T on this one. And I prefer I Want You to both.

nosey
04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree with Ms. M and DEFINITELY agree with jobetrob!

144man
04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, but what would appeal most to a flamingo.

I'd have thought "On the Wings of Love" by Jeffrey Osborne, "I Only Have Eyes for You" by the Flamingos, or possibly anything by Pink.

Any other suggestions for song choice?

Could the story have originally been an April Fools' Joke, or is it serious?

ms_m
04-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast

or in this case.....beast/Flamingo

probably a Barry tune....a booming bass tends tends to equate to primitive urges......

gary_james
04-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Let's Get It On. nuff said

144man
04-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Pandas are dying out, and are notoriously difficult to breed in captivity. Maybe they should try it on them.

splanky
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
When it was first released Let's Get It On was a radical and in some places controversial expression of attraction. A true
sign of the times is that today it's played on easy listening /lite fm radio. That said though I like the bounce of Sexual Healing I still think LGIO is a powerhouse of a song because of , as soulster mentioned, the dynamics, the chain yank and
pull rhythm and the way Marvin has all of his different voices layered over the track. I'll bump that tune in my grave...

soulster
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
When it was first released Let's Get It On was a radical and in some places controversial expression of attraction. A true
sign of the times is that today it's played on easy listening /lite fm radio.

I must have grown up in a pretty liberal place, because I never knew there was any controversy about this song.