PDA

View Full Version : Actor Ryan O'Neal diagnosed with prostate cancer

test

jobeterob
04-14-2012, 01:38 PM
A pretty treatable cancer but isn't Stage 4 pretty late in the day?

Actor Ryan O'Neal diagnosed with prostate cancer
by Chris Nashawaty
Tags: Health
Comments 102 Add comment Actor Ryan O’Neal, who successfully battled leukemia in recent years, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. In an exclusive statement to People, the star of Love Story and Paper Moon, 70, said, “Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery.”

O’Neal continued, “I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has affected so many.”

O’Neal’s diagnosis comes nearly three years after the death of his longtime girlfriend Farrah Fawcett, who died at age 62 from anal cancer. His memoir about their life together, Both of Us, comes out on May 1.

marv2
04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Why does this have to go up on Soulful Detroit?

dvus7
04-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moe
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Ralph, shouldn't this be on the Clubhouse?

144man
04-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Ralph, shouldn't this be on the Clubhouse?

I was also thinking it would be OK in the Clubhouse.

ralpht
04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
It is where it is. I don't see any real harm. I wish the best for this veteran actor.

144man
04-14-2012, 07:49 PM
I agree it's not doing any harm, but it's not consistent with the descriptions under the forum headings.

I also wish Mr O'Neal a complete recovery.

Roberta75
04-14-2012, 08:17 PM
It is where it is. I don't see any real harm. I wish the best for this veteran actor.

The man is ill and needs our support and our prayers. I'm with you Ralph, it really doesn't matter where this is posted, lets just keep Mr. Ryan O'Neal in our prayers and ask the good Lord to grant him a full and speedy recovery.

Best to you,

Roberta

jobeterob
04-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I didnt think quickly enough when posting.............

But Ryan has lots of connections to music, to Diana Ross, to Cher, and he was going to be in the Bodyguard once. Also, he was in Love Story which was a cross cultural phenomena in it's day.

More than that, many of our posters are older men. Prostate cancer in highly treatable, easily tested for, easily caught ~ but I don't think so when it is stage 4.

A urologist I know says he has one man a week, age 50 to 70, come to his office with problems and they've never been tested [[ a simple blood test ), and it's too late when they get to him ~ it's spread and they can alleviate symptoms but not save him.

The guy is my urologist ~ I had prostate cancer last fall. It's gone [[so far as I know) and I keep my fingers and toes crossed.

So, I figured the warning to all the guys to get tested, belongs somewhere.

Roberta75
04-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I didnt think quickly enough when posting.............

But Ryan has lots of connections to music, to Diana Ross, to Cher, and he was going to be in the Bodyguard once. Also, he was in Love Story which was a cross cultural phenomena in it's day.

More than that, many of our posters are older men. Prostate cancer in highly treatable, easily tested for, easily caught ~ but I don't think so when it is stage 4.

A urologist I know says he has one man a week, age 50 to 70, come to his office with problems and they've never been tested [[ a simple blood test ), and it's too late when they get to him ~ it's spread and they can alleviate symptoms but not save him.

The guy is my urologist ~ I had prostate cancer last fall. It's gone [[so far as I know) and I keep my fingers and toes crossed.

So, I figured the warning to all the guys to get tested, belongs somewhere.

You are lucky and blessed jobeterob.

Stay well and be happy.

Fondly,

Roberta

Kamasu_Jr
04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Ryan O' Neal is a tough and onery old dude. I hope his children will get their sh-t together and support him. But I doubt it. O'Neal was not Cliff Huxtable. He was vain, egotistical, self-centered and hot tempered. Instead of being a strong father to his children, he chose to be their friend or running buddy. The O'Neals are another dysfunctional and screwed up family and they are that way basically because of O'Neal.

marv2
04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
He also turned his own kid into a drug addict!

P-Shark: The Revenge
04-15-2012, 03:25 PM
He's like many other celebrities who's ethic standards is not up to par. Their personal lives shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of their work. That being said I'm wishing him the best and you to Rob.
Now if I was to compile my top 50 movies, PAPER MOON would be in there

Kamasu_Jr
04-15-2012, 07:33 PM
He's like many other celebrities who's ethic standards is not up to par. Their personal lives shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of their work. That being said I'm wishing him the best and you to Rob.

I do like Paper Moon ...ESPECIALLY MS. TRIXIE and Imogene. BUT WATCHING THE O'NEALS REALITY SHOW LAST YEAR WAS SCARY. I Kept expecting Tatum to ask her daddy to sleep with her. She's so confused about her relationship with her father.

Roberta75
04-15-2012, 07:54 PM

God will judge Mr. Ryan O'Neal when his time is up on this blessed earth. Until that time, I shall lift him up in prayer and ask God to heal him from his illness, if indeed that is God's will.

The good book of Luke says:

“Judge not, and you will not be judged, condemn not, and you will not be condemned, forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Wishing everyone a safe and blessed Sunday evening.

Roberta

mark speck
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
If good will counts for anything, he took care of not only Farrah in her last days, but he also helped take care of his former Peyton Place co-star Chris Connelly, when he was dying of cancer.

Whether or not he was a model father to his kids [[and those of us familiar with his kids know that they're both pretty screwed up in different ways), the guy deserves our prayers and thoughts. I'm sure we all have a favorite role that he's played...Get well soon, Ryan.

Best,

Mark

jobeterob
04-15-2012, 11:21 PM
He does sound like a scary guy.

Can someone refresh what happened with his son?? I have some vague memory.

Kamasu_Jr
04-16-2012, 09:05 AM
He does sound like a scary guy.

Can someone refresh what happened with his son?? I have some vague memory.

O'Neal does deserve some good wishes regarding his health. Rob, I'm not sure what the situation is with Redmond O'Neal beyond his drug troubles. But Ryan O' Neal has one son who seems to despise him. They have frequently fought physically and O'Neal theatened to kill his son.

marv2
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
O'Neal does deserve some good wishes regarding his health. Rob, I'm not sure what the situation is with Redmond O'Neal beyond his drug troubles. But Ryan O' Neal has one son who seems to despise him. They have frequently fought physically and O'Neal theatened to kill his son.

He tried shooting his son Griffin in the face. This is the one whom he knocked his two front teeth out with his fist.

mark speck
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Griffin was the one who was convicted of manslaughter for causing the boat accident that killed his friend...he's had a history of reckless behavior.

Best,

Mark

marv2
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Griffin was the one who was convicted of manslaughter for causing the boat accident that killed his friend...he's had a history of reckless behavior.

Best,

Mark

Yeah, he killed Director Francis Ford Coppola's son. That was big news especially here on Long Island where they were from.

jobeterob
04-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Well, we will also hope the worst of the family troubles are over. Sounds overwhelming to me.

jobeterob
04-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Warren Buffett also has prostate cancer; but he's 81 and nearly every man at that age will have it; they are just going to give it some radiation and he'll be fine.