PDA

View Full Version : Lists of Motown singles/albums after 1988

test

Cadeho
04-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Hello all!
I've noticed that Motown is heavily documented between 1959 and 1988 while it was an independent company. It is much easier to find lists of the singles and albums it released until mid 1988. It doesn't appear that anyone has compiled any lists of releases under MCA, Polygram, and whatever Universal has done. It seems people stopped caring about Motown after it was sold eventhough it had many great hits afterwards.
I've been getting really frustrated looking for catalogue numbers and even the last 45 singles issued under the label's name. I have found a site 45cat which doesn't use catalogue numbers starting with MOT and probably has an incomplete list ending in 1994[[!?). Using Discogs, it appears MOT-2061 The Pointer Sisters After You [[Extended Radio Mix)/After You [[Instrumental) is the last single they recorded but there are huge gaps between numbers. Gerald Alston's Slow Motion according to the 1972-1992 compilation has a number of 2064 but isn't shown in Discogs.
As far as albums go, again there is no chronological list from mid 1988 through to whenever Universal last issued one. Had the number of Motown albums slowed to a trickle in the past decade? If you knew the artists, would that be easier to catalogue?
Anyone know where the correct information can be found of Motown singles and albums from 1988 to whenever the most recent Motown album was issued?