PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Supreme? Sounds more like Aretha to me!

test

luke
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESz0BB32UI&feature=relmfu Do Right Woman Mary Wilson!! She should still be doing this!!!!

marv2
04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I never knew Mary Wilson could sing like that until I saw her in that show when it came to Windsor, Ontario in late 1988! She also did this incredible solo and monologue to a slowed down version of Sonny & Cher's "The Beat Goes On" where she spoke about civil unrest in the 60's, Vietnam, her brother, etc,etc.

luke
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
My goodness Marv-talk about versatality-has she done anything like this recently?

marv2
04-10-2012, 11:06 PM
My goodness Marv-talk about versatality-has she done anything like this recently?

Stage plays or all out soul songs? No stage plays recently with the last one she did in 2000. I don't know why she doesn't do more of these types of songs. Her voice is stronger than ever. I guess she almost goes there with "I Am Changing", but I'd like to hear more, more, more.....

carlo
04-11-2012, 10:09 AM
When I attended her matinee and evening concerts in Niagara Falls, NY [[less than a couple of weeks ago), she sang Aretha's "Think" at both shows and did a wonderful job. I was surprised to hear her perform it, since she doesn't usually include this number in her show. I told her that I loved it! :)

luke
04-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I am still blown away by the above video. Never knew she could or would tear it up like that. Carlo can you gives us a full review?

144man
04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Come on, record producers. If anyone could get a performance like this from Mary Wilson in the recording studio, I'd be first in line to buy it.

smark21
04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Did she perform Stoned Love at the Niagara Falls show?

Roberta75
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Anyone know when is Mary Wilson's new CD "Clarity" is coming out?

With my favorite, the first lady of Motown, Miss Martha Reeves climbing the charts, maybe it is time for another Motown lady to follow.

Regards,

Roberta

carlo
04-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Did she perform Stoned Love at the Niagara Falls show?

No. We were standing around for a few minutes outside of the theater while the sound check was going on. I ended up leaving to check my coat and my friends told me they heard Mary singing "Stoned Love" for the sound check, but she never sang it during either of the concerts.

rod_rick
04-12-2012, 04:43 PM
No. We were standing around for a few minutes outside of the theater while the sound check was going on. I ended up leaving to check my coat and my friends told me they heard Mary singing "Stoned Love" for the sound check, but she never sang it during either of the concerts.

I would love to hear what Mary sound like now singing Stoned Love. I always felt that when she sang it back in the 80's it was too fast. Carlo did you get to talk with Mary after the show since you are the webmaster for her website.

carlo
04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes we did get to chat. :)

smark21
04-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I would love to hear what Mary sound like now singing Stoned Love. I always felt that when she sang it back in the 80's it was too fast. Carlo did you get to talk with Mary after the show since you are the webmaster for her website.

Mary sang Stoned Love at her concert at Coney Island last summer and sounded great. I had a friend who attended Mary’s show at the Riviera in Las Vegas last summer and was blown away by her version of Stoned Love. He thought she sang it better than Jean Terrell.