PDA

View Full Version : Concert last night: KC and the Sunshine Band ... great fun!

test

tsull1
09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Had a great time at the KC and the Sunshine Band concert last night. Don't laugh, it was good stuff. KC joked about aging [[saying this is what Justin Timberlake will be like in 37 years) and gaining weight since quitting smoking. He still moves pretty good for a chunky old dude.

But really it's about the music, the dancing, the stage show, and his amazing band. Yes, KC can still sing it, too.

Started off with "I'm Your Boogie Man" and "Boogie Shoes" and here we go! Great fun. He has four gorgeous women dancers on stage, two who sing really well. He did a couple ballads, "Yes I'm Ready" [[never a fan of that song, but a No. 1 hit for KC and Teri Desario), "Please Don't Go" a tune I really like. Oddly did a John Mayer song, "Say What You Mean to Say," he aced it, though I don't really like the tune and couldn't understand why he did it.

Interestingly, a lot of interludes of 70's and 80's funk tunes like, "Shake Your Body [[Down to the Ground)," and "Play That Funky Music," and Rick James' "Give it To Me." Hey, it's always good to experiment. Also, lots of instrumental solos -- yeah, more padding at this show than a 7th grader's bra, but still it was good. Also, KC needed to catch his breath and also leave the stage for the four different costume changes.

The drummer was awesome and had a light show on his drums. The horn section was tighter than Mariah Carey's skirt, the dancers were awesome. The other percussionist was great and the only other original from the Sunshine Band.

They closed with "That's the Way [[I like it)" and "Get Down Tonight," and thankfully did my favorite song of their's earlier, "Give it Up."

Fun party music in a fun atmosphere but on by an oldies radio station here in Boise. There were tons of people, I'm guessing 3,000-4,000 in a large basketball arena with a large dance floor that I couldn't get to because it was full five minutes after they opened the doors. Some awesome 70's disco outfits, too.

Perhaps shameless fun, but I'd definitely see KC and the Sunshine Band again.

nomis
09-11-2010, 03:28 AM
sounds like a good evening..

jillfoster
09-11-2010, 03:48 AM
that does sound great. it's a show i'd definately go to see. He probably never sings this one in concert, but this my favorite of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-GI4TZxHIo

tsull1
09-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Didn't sing "Queen of Clubs" but did a short outtake of "I Get Lifted," another good minor hit.