PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Singer On This Song

test

mr_june
04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I guess it came out in the 70's and was sung by a male singer. I can almost hear Dr. John singing it and that makes sense as loup-garou [[Werewolf) is French. I only know a few lyrics and they are:

loup-garou gone put my hooks on you

Anyone know the title of the song and the singer?

Thanks,

stephanie
04-09-2012, 10:45 AM
It was Dr Hook and the Medicine Show you know the guys that did When your in Love with a Beautiful Woman, Sexy Eyes, Sylvias Mother, Cover of the Rolling Stone etc....

Steph

theboyfromxtown
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
It took you all of 9 minutes Steph!

I would never have got it.

Well done!

mr_june
04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks Stephanie. I would have never guessed them. This song, "Cover of Rolling Stone, Right Place Wrong Time, Come And Get Your Love, Dead Skunk, Up On A High Wire, Knocking On Heavens Door, Painted Ladies, Oh Babe, The Last Song, The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia and more came out in the same time period. Then all of a sudden those types of songs vanished. I have some cassette tape recordings with them from a radio station in Chicago. There was no DJ, just a guy who gave the song title and artist name. I wish I knew the stations call letters. Really enjoyed those songs and that station.

mr_june
04-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Hold the phone, it was Dr. John after all. Someone sent me a link

javascript:amz_js_PopWin[['/gp/recsradio/radio/B0000033IE/ref=pd_krex_dp_001_006?ie=UTF8&track=006&disc=001',winName,winArgs);void[[0);

or

http://www.amazon.com/The-Very-Best-Dr-John/dp/B0000033IE/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334090253&sr=1-2

I don't know if it's a misspelled on Amazon but it's called Loop Garoo there.

diane21
04-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Artist:Dr. Hook The Medicine Show
Album:Various Songs

Lyrics [[http://www.lyricsbay.com/) are:

You can sense it, the swollen moon is hanging low and yellow. You come in shadows, not feeling quite yourself.
Loup garou, thats you.
Like a beetle you creep into my room when its cold. You make my fingers twitch and strum and how.
Loup garou, thats you.
Like an arrow I feel the thrumb of your arrival in my chest, like an arrow you fly into a mess.
Loup garou, thats you.
I can sense the swollen moon is hanging low and yellow. You make my heart sing.
Loup garou, thats you................

mr_june
04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
That's a different song Diane. Check out the link above to Dr. John.