PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Gil Noble of WABC-TV'S "LIKE IT IS"

test

timmyfunk
04-06-2012, 02:56 PM
One of the last great black journalists in NYC has made his transition:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/05/gil-noble-dead-dies-journalist_n_1406992.html

marv2
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I saw this today locally and am happy that you posted it. Gil Noble was a pioneer and a staple for New York City television. I am sure they will do radio tributes for him later this weekend. Great man. Rest in peace Mr. Noble and thank you.

Marv

splanky
04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
I wanted to comment on this yesterday but couldn't. Anyway, thanks for posting it on the forum, Tim. I grew up on
Gil and loved that man like he was a cherished family member. There are very few men like Gil left in this country and virtually none in mainstream black culture. To me that's a very sad state of affairs...

timmyfunk
04-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I wanted to comment on this yesterday but couldn't. Anyway, thanks for posting it on the forum, Tim. I grew up on
Gil and loved that man like he was a cherished family member. There are very few men like Gil left in this country and virtually none in mainstream black culture. To me that's a very sad state of affairs...

True journalists/journalism is fading away like the pay phone.
The various documentaries that he's done on Malcolm X alone puts this man in a class by himself.