PDA

View Full Version : HEY! There is IGNORE USER FEATURE and YOU CAN SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES!

test

jobeterob
08-05-2010, 01:40 AM
I just found these features and I even got a private message! A nice one too.

theboyfromxtown
08-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Rob...why would anyone want to ignore you

NEXT!!!!!

lol

jobeterob
08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
I've mulled over the ignore feature; we all have our reasons for wanting to ignore someone and I'm sure the feature has been used immediately by some of us.................but if you use the ignore feature then we are gonna take away the fire and sugar and spice of the forum in some ways. Being slightly ADD, I can only read about 10 lines maximum and then my brain automatically goes dead and into ignore anyway. Unless it's from you and a few others Johnny boy. So, I've always had a thing going on called "automatic ignore".

pshark
08-07-2010, 10:04 PM
If you haven't figure this out yet, you can opt to have email notifications
of threads you've started or posted to.
And one more thing I should point out, be careful which icon you click on. If you click
on a certain one your computer will detonate, I just can't remember which one:confused::eek:
If I'm on the ignore user list then you've haven't read what I just posted:)

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/r/rrandwedt.jpg [[http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/r/rrandwedt.jpg)

voosh
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
How do you get avatars to show in the threads?

Mine is [[from mid-60s, going to band practice) -

soulster
08-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Avatars haven't been switched on yet.

jobeterob
08-08-2010, 01:30 AM
What's an Avatar other than the movie?

Ya, ok, in school sometimes they called me retarded; now they can't do that cuz the word is banned and I'm a lawyer and they don't dare to my face..........but, I still don't know what an Avatar is. I thought it was those little yellow faces or some kind of picture; um, a blue picture?

pshark
08-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Avatars are insignia images that posters use on certain forums.
They're usually to the left of their posts. I have an avatar here
but the only way to view it right now is to click my name
Here's an example from the prince.org forum:
http://prince.org/msg/13/333128/Do-you-know-the-number-for-your-credit-card-company-Prince-does-?&pg=1

moe
08-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Love the cartoon, PShark!!

grapevine
08-08-2010, 07:39 PM
...there's also a little black triangle on the bottom left of every post ...use this to alert the MODs to anything you may find offensive...

:)

robb_k
08-08-2010, 08:02 PM
I've been uploading my avatar [[photo of me) onto the end of every post. That's a bit of extra work. After Lowell turns the avatar feature on, it'll be uploaded automatically, to the left of all my posts. He should also turn on the signature feature, so we can have snappy sayings or photos uploaded with [[at the end of) every post.

ladyvanaye
08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Talk to the hand. :P

marv2
08-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I just tried it. "Ignore is a wonderful thing! LOL!!!

jobeterob
08-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the lessons about avatars, signatures and little black boxes.

As someone mentioned early on in the new forum, I think this new forum will grow on us and I can see it has some really good features...........friends, private messages, it's faster, and the above features.

I'd like to have a signature like the last lines from Still Water [[Peace)..............A is for the answers in your search to find yourself, C is the calm you feel if you like that what you find. But the whole Verse is likely too long.

arrr&bee
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I tried to use that ignore button to ignore myself,but it didn't work...i kept coming back...do you think i have a stalker...hehehehehe!!!

soulster
08-16-2010, 01:32 PM
I just tried it. "Ignore is a wonderful thing! LOL!!!

Yes it is. Looks like i'll have to use it sooner than later, it seems.

144man
08-18-2010, 09:57 AM
If you play the Word Association thread, and so do a lot of members you've ignored, it won't make any sense.

jobeterob
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
I think I fowled up the Word Association thread; I think I posted again in the middle of the thread ~ I failed to move to the most current page. Maybe that has been a problem for others.