PDA

View Full Version : Claudette Robinson speaks on HOF Induction and Smokey !!!!

test

paladin
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I realize there was an earlier thread on this although as often is the case, the thread drifted into other issues, but since this was just released, I thought I'd share Mrs. Robinson's perspective on What's Going On...........

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/entertainment/the-miracles-finally-to-be-inducted-into-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2-12-04-01?CMP=201204_emailshare

theboyfromxtown
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks Paladin. I enjoyed that.

marv2
04-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I enjoyed that and was impressed that the interviewer had done her homework. Claudette is always so pleasant.

paladin
04-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Claudette is a living doll. To hear the words come out of her mouth that My Girl was about her was music to my Temptin ears. Motown's First lady....case closed.

luke
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I thout Mary Wells or Mabel John, First Lady 0r Raynoma. :)

paladin
04-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I thout Mary Wells or Mabel John, First Lady 0r Raynoma.

Luke that was too funny..............

luke
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I just saw her interview and I say she and Raynoma are the first ladies! Great sexy vocal on Father Dear.

randy_russi
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Claudette is always so wonderful and pleasant to hear speaking.
"Father Dear" was originally done by Freda Payne, but the recorded Claudette on it too. Probably the same backing
track.
Anyway, looking forward to her book!

arrr&bee
04-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Wow,good stuff paladin i never knew that[my girl]was written for claudette so i learned something new,just a classy lady who will always be[the first lady of motown].

dvus7
04-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey people...check this out!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNNAzdFXkHA&feature=channel&list=UL

marv2
04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Claudette Robinson is still beautiful and always classy lady that I admire very much! Congratulations again to ALL of the Miracles! Thanks Billy!

paladin
04-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Wow,good stuff paladin i never knew that[my girl]was written for claudette so i learned something new,just a classy lady who will always be[the first lady of motown].

Claudette Robinson is still beautiful and always classy lady that I admire very much!

dam skippy !

marv2
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Claudette is most definitely the First Lady of Motown. She represents all that is good about Motown and Detroit. Every guy should have at least ONE "Claudette" in his lifetime.......

Marv

uptight
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Hey people...check this out!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNNAzdFXkHA&feature=channel&list=UL

Wow, he has a great story about believing in Miracles. The crowd was getting antsy because he was so long-winded, and the DJ was waiting for his cue. Maybe he should have narrated a video blog with pictures.

juicefree20
04-30-2012, 02:49 AM
In person, Claudette is one of the most gracious persons whom I've ever met & a supremely confident woman.

The crowd has to understand his enthusiasm because there was a lot of hard work, some tears & a lot of years that people spent trying to get this wrong righted. people truly went to bat for The Miracles & this took a lot of years, so it's good to see their hard work on behalf of The Miracles bear fruit, as their induction was long overdue. The Miracles should've been inducted AGES ago & with that said, Billy Griffin should've been inducted with them as well.

One question...was Marv Tarplin inducted as well?

nosey
04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
He's lucky I wasn't there. I can't take long-winded people; don't need the backstory, just the facts ma'am.