PDA

View Full Version : really enjoying Jermaines Book "You Are Not Alone"..

test

nomis
04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
its much better than I thought it would be and challenges many long held urban myths about events..I only started reading from the Epic signing deal in 76..but I intend to read the early years because he can recall many events very vividly..everything clicked when he writes that Whitneys "Saving All My Love" video was an autobiographical story of the attraction he and Whitney felt when they were recording..Madonna dosent come out of it all that well when she hangs around backstage on Victory tour dates and he lays blame for Michael distancing himself from the brothers and going solo at Diana Ross's feet..he adamantly states she was in his ear telling him to leave the family and move on..Im just up to court cases so I dont know if I want to read all about that nonsense..but this book is very well written..which I didnt think it would be as he hardly comes out well when interviewed but I have new found respect for Jermaine this book is well worth the twenty bucks I payed for it...

scanspeak
04-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this book. Sounds like I'll be adding it to my collection.

mysterysinger
04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
I certainly enjoyed this book. It has been available brand new at a big discount in the UK chain "The Works" which is where I got my copy. Nice insights.