PDA

View Full Version : Jackson 5 confusion?

test

mamaspearl2
04-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I just recently rejoined this forum...so I hope I'm not posting a duplicate. Is there any reason why Motown/Universal hasn't released a Jackson 5 DVD of their greatest tv performances like they've done for Marvin, Supremes, Smokey, Temptations and 4 Tops?? I find that very strange and loooong overdue.

chidrummer
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Great to see you back on the page, MP.

I've been wondering the same thing for some time now. Hey Mr. Weinger, how about a little love to us J5 fans? Some Ed Sullivan, some Hollywood palace, some Sonny & Cher, Push Expo '72, the Diana special and ah.....Goin' Back to Indiana? Just throwing a few ideas out there.

skooldem1
04-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Could the decision to not release anything have to do with Michael himself, or his estate?

nomis
04-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I bought the Jacksons 75 Mexico tv studio concert from I Offer..ive never seen a more slick,dynamite show ever..I also got a"destiny" concert in London which had the same slick polish...now Im after footage of the Triumph and Victory tours..

mamaspearl2
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't know...I would imagine it has a lot to do with licensing...maybe the cost of licensing won't match the demand. I'm just guessing...it's really frustrating.