PDA

View Full Version : Great Velvelettes song!

test

daviddesper
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Whenever I am online, I play Pandora in the background and of course one of the stations I have set is for the fabulous Velvelettes. Also of course I have the CD collections that we were finally honored with in recent years.

Anyway, we all know their most famous songs "Haystack," "Really Sayin' Somethin', etc. but Pandora frequently plays a great one that I have just fallen in love with and I was wondering if there are other fans of it on here. It is called "Something's Happening" and it has some fantastic harmonies.

When they get to that bridge, if that is the right word, in the middle where they sing the word "instantly" it just sounds amazing!!!!!!! Any other fans out there of this unknown gem of a song?

roger
03-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Well ..

I have the Velvelettes Motown Anthology [[Released by Universal in the U.K. in 2004) and I see that "Something's Happening" is track six on disc two ..

I shall have to give it a spin!! :)

Roger

Roger Polhill
03-29-2012, 11:00 PM
My new favourite is "My Foolish Heart.." love the bass.

theboyfromxtown
03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
It's a huge favourite of Midnight Johnny

TMSG
03-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Yes, "Somethings Happening" is a great track. I always liked "I'm So Glad It's Twilight Time" by the girls as well. In fact, the Anthology collection is a great Cd release and contained some great tracks that I hadn't previously heard. "Stop Beating Around the Bush", "Think of The Times", "My Foolish Heart"

johnjeb
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
I love the studio tracks on CD-2. They would have made a fine LP back in the day.

"He's The One" and "Your Heart Belongs To Me" are two of my faves on that Disc.

honest man
03-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Hello people LOVE The Velvelettes [anthology] one track i love is SAVE ME MY SHIP OF LOVE IS SINKING Always play back to back with DRATS Going down for third time, 2 stormers,love them back to Velvelettes Twilight Time and Since you been loving me expanded on The cd, love them all, cheers

Motown4Ever518
03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Whenever I am online, I play Pandora in the background and of course one of the stations I have set is for the fabulous Velvelettes. Also of course I have the CD collections that we were finally honored with in recent years.

Anyway, we all know their most famous songs "Haystack," "Really Sayin' Somethin', etc. but Pandora frequently plays a great one that I have just fallen in love with and I was wondering if there are other fans of it on here. It is called "Something's Happening" and it has some fantastic harmonies.

When they get to that bridge, if that is the right word, in the middle where they sing the word "instantly" it just sounds amazing!!!!!!! Any other fans out there of this unknown gem of a song?

Let Love Live from one of the Motown Conissuers CD's is a killer track, that got me more interested in the Velvelettes. Then the Anthology came out and I discovered Somethings Happenning. I would play the song 5-6 times in a row because it was missing just one little thing or had one little thing that kept it from being released, and once that was addressed it would have been huge. No, HUGE! Maybe it was a better song for Ms Wanda Rogers and the Marvelettes who were hot at the time with My Baby Must Be A Magician.

Cadeho
04-12-2012, 01:09 AM
A Bird in the Hand Is worth Two in the Bush I always thought was one of the songs that best portrayed the Motown Sound.