PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Recording Artists: SoundExchange and Performance Royalty Checks

test

ms_m
03-28-2012, 07:31 AM
For any artist that has not signed up for Sound Exchange, I suggest you start the process of signing up now. Personally I found the initial set up a pain because their online system never worked correctly. It took numerous phones calls, submissions and re-submissions of the info they requested and months before the first check came in but all in all, I would say it’s worth the effort.

I’m still going through Ronnie’s statement but based on what I’ve seen so far, SoundExchange seems rather thorough and picked up performances dating back all the way to 2004.

According to their email, the next performance royalty checks and statements go out in June so I highly recommend you start the process as soon as possible if you haven’t yet signed up.

ms_m
03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
BTW….For anyone involved in those Motor City Recordings be sure to track down as much as you can. Levine licenses those recordings all over the place.

The more diligent you are in gathering information about your recordings, and your submissions to Sound ExChange, the better.

ceasar
04-23-2012, 11:29 PM
To all that have not signed up.
Do it, if and when you do you will find it to be worth the trouble
Get on it.
Ceasar
The
Original
Tymes