PDA

View Full Version : Very rare-Nona Hdendryx goes Supreme

test

luke
03-27-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmqmN6ML4Vs&feature=related Like the arrangement, hate the video, love her.

Jerry Oz
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
I remember this one from back then. I always thought it was a good video although it didn't really age well. Still like it, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84bOs3SzMs

R. Mark Desjardins
03-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I had the good luck to see Nona Hendryx perform on the Cyndi Lauper Tour that played the Vancouver area three years back. Her power on stage blew me away. Unfortunately the length of the show dictated she only perform four songs, but she did come back for some duets with Cyndi and the women from the B'52's. She is well worth looking out for in live concert!

carlo
03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Nona Hendryx is awesome. She is larger than life. I've started collecting her solo albums. She is so talented and underrated.

glencro
03-28-2012, 08:03 AM
I've always loved Nona Hendryx and she has maintained her sexy all of these years

marv2
03-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I saw that video of Nona singing the Supremes a few months ago and started to post it ,but didn't want to have another blow up. I think Nona Hendryx is exceptional! She stood out with the group, her look, her voice. What I find most amazing about her is that she has always managed to stay current! I love Nona!

luke
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh no--why a blowup? How could this get them going? Sarah Dash also has a new song out which is just excellent--amazing the talent LaBelle and Bluebelles had.

Roberta75
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
I've always loved Nona Hendryx and she has maintained her sexy all of these years

Nona is a beautiful woman with a fantastic voice and a powerful stage presence. Not trying to start anything nor am I passing any judgement whatsoever but I was told Nona Hendryx is a lesbian lady. Can anyone confirm this? I just want to know out of curiosity, that's all.

Roberta

carlo
03-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes, Nona is a lesbian and she's proud of it. Kudos to her.

skooldem1
03-28-2012, 03:07 PM
All this time I thought she was from Jersey. I had no idea she was Lebanese.

motony
03-28-2012, 03:37 PM
LOL, skooldem, No doubt that Nona would be a great performer as most of those that lasted fom the 60's had to be.One of the first LIVE shows I ever saw had the Bluebelles on it..."over the rainbow" was their closer & what a performance it was, I think at one point the band just stopped & it was jus the 4 ladies singin with the audiance goin wild . They had to work without the benefit of a hit record.There was a 10 min. or so break before Billy Stewart could come out.

Roberta75
03-28-2012, 03:39 PM
All this time I thought she was from Jersey. I had no idea she was Lebanese.

LOL. Now that's funny skooldem. Thanks for the laugh.

Fondly,

Roberta

Roberta75
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Yes, Nona is a lesbian and she's proud of it. Kudos to her.

Good for Nona. I believe a person should accept everything about themselves. I mean everything, You are You and that is the beginning and the end with no apologies and absolutely with no regrets.

Thank you for confirming that Nona is a lesbian lady Carlo.

Best to you,

Roberta

marv2
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Nona is a beautiful woman with a fantastic voice and a powerful stage presence. Not trying to start anything nor am I passing any judgement whatsoever but I was told Nona Hendryx is a lesbian lady. Can anyone confirm this? I just want to know out of curiosity, that's all.

Roberta

Everyone to you is a lesbian or gay. Last week it was Dionne Warwick. The week before that it was Whitney. When did Nona tell you this?

What does that have to do with the subject of this thread? Why do you do that to many threads Roberta?

luke
03-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Nona and British music figure Vicki Wickham have been together for many years.

carlo
03-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Ohhh. Thanks Luke! I didn't know Vicki is her partner.

luke
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes, though she never wants to get married!

blueskies
03-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Nona and British music figure Vicki Wickham have been together for many years.

Didn't Vicki manage Dusty Springfield, along with Labelle?

Roberta75
03-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Didn't Vicki manage Dusty Springfield, along with Labelle?

Was Dusty Springfield actually out of the closet as a lesbian lady?

Roberta