PDA

View Full Version : Brewster Housing Projects - home to Smokey Robinson??????

test

woodward
03-21-2012, 09:22 AM
In the Detroit News article on 3/19/2012 'Bittersweet' end for Detroit's Brewster housing project, the writer Steve Pardo stated: "In addition to Diana Ross and the Ballards, the complex was home to former greats Mary Wilson and [U]Smokey Robinson[U] and comedienne Lily Tomlin."

I have never seen in print that Smokey lived in the housing project. I believe he lived nearby but not an actual resident of the Brewster projects.

Can anyone share their knowledge on this statement?

marv2
03-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't know if Smokey lived within the property lines of the Brewsters. I do know that the mother of the Debarges' , Etterlene DeBarge grew up in the Brewster Projects.

captainjames
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I believe William did grow up there for a while and later moved onto Belmont. I can checked and verify that for you later if someone does not have the information at hand right now.

In the Detroit News article on 3/19/2012 'Bittersweet' end for Detroit's Brewster housing project, the writer Steve Pardo stated: "In addition to Diana Ross and the Ballards, the complex was home to former greats Mary Wilson and [U]Smokey Robinson[U] and comedienne Lily Tomlin."

I have never seen in print that Smokey lived in the housing project. I believe he lived nearby but not an actual resident of the Brewster projects.

Can anyone share their knowledge on this statement?