PDA

View Full Version : Tom Jones & The Supremes - River Deep Mountain High [[1970)

test

charlie_murphy
03-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Believe there's one or two Supremes fans on here, I don't post often, but I thought you may enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZUP4Y0KPvw

ivyfield
03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Jean, you're SUPREME! Haven't seen the 'Raggedy Ann' gowns on the tour of the Supremes outfits. Wonder where they are?

Penny
03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
That was lovely.

Thank you;
Penny:o

jillfoster
03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Jean, you're SUPREME! Haven't seen the 'Raggedy Ann' gowns on the tour of the Supremes outfits. Wonder where they are?

They burnt up in 1975

soulwally
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Mary's looking particularly frisky...

Roberta75
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Mary's looking particularly frisky...

LOL. Well Tom Jones was her man for a period of time and you have to stay frisky for your man.

Roberta

blueskies
03-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Of all the Supremes gowns/costumes.....these were my least favorite. They always looked 'clunky' to me.....esp. close up.

luke
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Was Mary still seeing Tom at the time? Interesting Cindy had a solo but not Mary!

carole cucumber
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Was Mary still seeing Tom at the time? Interesting Cindy had a solo but not Mary!
Mary solos at :32-:36

marv2
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM

Yeah, they were still hanging at this point , hehehehehe......... Cindy may got a line here, but Mary got the close up!

honest man
03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
OMG i thought Tom has been married to his childhood sweetheart all his adult life,how could Mary have been involved with himif this is true,i did n't know she would do such a stupid thing,wow you learn something new on SDF everyday, cheers.

ivyfield
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM
OMG i thought Tom has been married to his childhood sweetheart all his adult life,how could Mary have been involved with himif this is true,i did n't know she would do such a stupid thing,wow you learn something new on SDF everyday, cheers.
Mary was always known as the 'Party Girl' in the group. Didn't you read her books? Married men were a staple diet for her for many years...

captainjames
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Never Liked this song, even when IKe and Tina sung it. I really never understood any Motown artist singing it all.

I am sure Tom was not the only man Mary was seeing and Tom was probably seeing other female group members as well. Now listen I didn't say he was seeing other Supremes...haha.

marv2
03-21-2012, 09:48 AM

As you stated in another thread.........grow up!

marv2
03-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Mary was always known as the 'Party Girl' in the group. Didn't you read her books? Married men were a staple diet for her for many years...

Mary was the finest Supreme! She wasn't the only Supreme to "date" a married man. She also never fooled around with the former husband of a friend........ At least she never did something like that!

rod_rick
03-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Never Liked this song, even when IKe and Tina sung it. I really never understood any Motown artist singing it all.

I am sure Tom was not the only man Mary was seeing and Tom was probably seeing other female group members as well. Now listen I didn't say he was seeing other Supremes...haha.

That's why it bugs me when folks talk about how Mary trashed Diana in her books. Dished on herself as well. Didn't she write that Berry told her she should not make herself so available when it came to the men? Just saying.

motony
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
she might not have known he was married...he sure didn't act like he was.When Berry Gordy told Mary & Florence they should not make themselves so available he was talking about to the fans from what I remember.

marv2
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
That's why it bugs me when folks talk about how Mary trashed Diana in her books. Dished on herself as well. Didn't she write that Berry told her she should not make herself so available when it came to the men? Just saying.

You are right! Just about everything Diana Ross fans dog Mary Wilson about came from her own books! They use those books as justification to hate on Mary because Diane's career has been in the crapper for several decades now in the United States. So unfair and so misguided.

dba
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
No wonder I rarely come to this site anymore.

Sad to see that the same people always take threads right into the toilet.

Thanks to the original poster. I loved the clip.

carlo
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Listen to that final note Jean hits! I never noticed that before. Cool.

marv2
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Listen to that final note Jean hits! I never noticed that before. Cool.

Jean was a beast! She never made a bad record. She was talent beyond limit in those days.

honest man
03-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Hello anyone have any pics of the couple out and about ,you know with them DATING, [not having an Affair] Can't seem to find any , the stuff im reading lately about MARE really are an eye opener she really is a DARK HORSE, still love her though,GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE love it, cheers.

Penny
03-22-2012, 10:11 AM
What does it matter who any of these lady's were sleeping with 40 years ago? Who were you sleeping with 40 years ago honest man?

I thought this site was about the music. I had no idea it was about who was having intercourse with who decades ago. I don't think this is normal.

This is all rather upsetting.

Penny:mad:

milven
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
If Mary herself discussed it, why can't we? Although, I agree with you. It is old news and who cares? I am surprised that anyone who follows the Supremes was unaware of this affair.

Mary Wilson: Tom Jones Broke My Heart
by Queenoftab
The Supremes star Mary Wilson was left devastated when Welsh crooner Tom Jones ended their steamy affair - and returned to his wife. The singer admits to a two-year affair with the musician during his marriage to wife Linda.

However, the star was left broken hearted when Jones gave his marriage a second chance. She says, "I was in love with Tom and he was in love, too, but he was married...

Penny
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Milven, I suppose you are right, although she discussed it in her book which was published in 1986. It is not current news and I have heard Mary express regrets about that affair because Tom was married at the time.

It seems we drag these women down by discussing their sex lives.

Penny

honest man
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Penny for them ha , not interested who was bonking who 40 years ago,and don't ask me whom i was having a flingwith 40 years ago none of your business,this is a Motown site and i have just read about a Supreme[motown,get it] having an affair with a famous married personality,poor Diana really must have been hitting a wall trying to carry on with Cindy while Mary was well you know,just googled and Mary was involved with a married 4 tOP jeez, Mary was-is beautiful could have had many single men why somebody elses leftovers i think you may be interested as you would not have given yourtwo pennies worth,hmmm. all new to meI never got to read the Dreamgirl rag,stopped after a couple of pages slagging other group member,not good reading ,sorry i found it to UPSETTING,To continue flung it in charity bag.you learn something new everyday on SDF. Cheers.

marv2
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Hello anyone have any pics of the couple out and about ,you know with them DATING, [not having an Affair] Can't seem to find any , the stuff im reading lately about MARE really are an eye opener she really is a DARK HORSE, still love her though,GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE love it, cheers.

Shit! If I told you what some of other Supremes have been up to, it would curl your toes if this bit old, old news excites you!

marv2
03-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Penny for them ha , not interested who was bonking who 40 years ago,and don't ask me whom i was having a flingwith 40 years ago none of your business,this is a Motown site and i have just read about a Supreme[motown,get it] having an affair with a famous married personality,poor Diana really must have been hitting a wall trying to carry on with Cindy while Mary was well you know,just googled and Mary was involved with a married 4 tOP jeez, Mary was-is beautiful could have had many single men why somebody elses leftovers i think you may be interested as you would not have given yourtwo pennies worth,hmmm. all new to meI never got to read the Dreamgirl rag,stopped after a couple of pages slagging other group member,not good reading ,sorry i found it to UPSETTING,To continue flung it in charity bag.you learn something new everyday on SDF. Cheers.

Smokey Robinson was married to Claudette when Diane Ross started "dating him". Also, one of the Holland Brothers was VERY married when Miss Ross decided to "date" him. Florence dated briefly a married Otis Williams. Should I continue? Why is this shit important all of a sudden?

jillfoster
03-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Mary and Tom are both single NOW... why don't they get together again?

Roberta75
03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Mary and Tom are both single NOW... why don't they get together again?

Tom Jones isn't single. He's been married to Linda for almost 55 years.

Roberta

honest man
03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Not important to me just found out about Mare and her exploits,really thought she was the ideal dreamgirl but boy im learning, it really gets up peoples noses when knobheads always write negative about other singers, just thought I'd give it a try, might get the message and let threads run without bashing the artist, lets hope these jokers realise it is annoying and STOP IT, CHEERS.

honest man
03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE,Love it, cheers .

roger
03-22-2012, 02:20 PM
40 years ago I was often sleeping with my transistor radio so I could listen to the latest tunes by the likes of TYRONE DAVIS, JERRY BUTLER , HONEY CONE and [[of course) THE SUPREMES on the late night music shows on American Forces Radio!!

:)

Roger

captainjames
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
No HonestMan
Mary was far from innocent ~~
Go back and watch the movie DREAMGIRLS and how Mary was protrayed. Eventhough, their are some who claim the movie was close to what happen what it actually protrayed was a more honest opinion of their characters.

Not important to me just found out about Mare and her exploits,really thought she was the ideal dreamgirl but boy im learning, it really gets up peoples noses when knobheads always write negative about other singers, just thought I'd give it a try, might get the message and let threads run without bashing the artist, lets hope these jokers realise it is annoying and STOP IT, CHEERS.

kenneth
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Why shouldn't Mary have lived it up and enjoyed life? Even if she was less famous than Diane, she was involved in a high profile group and lived in Los Angeles at a time when, I think she explains in her book, still contained some of the glamor of old Hollywood. By her own admission, she "indulged" in some of the hedonistic past times available to her.

I say, why not? She was young, beautiful, talented and living a great life in the spotlight. And even if she had affairs with married men, well, okay, they were both adults weren't they? [[Of course to complain that Tom Jones broke her heart by going back to his wife is probably a bit hypocritical!)

Kamasu_Jr
03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Tom Jones said he is not proud of the affair he had with Mary Wilson and was a bit annoyed that she mentioned it in her book because it hurt his wife, who eventually forgave him and stayed with him, all over again. His attitude seemed to be that the affair was something that happened years ago, but he still gets asked about it. I'm sure he was a different person then and probably gets tired of being asked about something he did in his past.

honest man
03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
No captain i think we have crossed lines,ireally don't think Mare was as innocent and naive as a certain poster projects on SDF [all tongue in cheek]. im not fooled by her misunsterstood and naivity she was a big part of The Supremes sucess but an even bigger part of their downfall,she played a good game just took a longer time for her employers-employees to catch on,i love all supremes for starters i would not be here responding,just fed up of one person train wrecking threads with his negative remarks taking threads off track and sometimes withdrawn ifrom forum,i notice a underlyin aggression on some threads he participates in,just reading Dionne warwick thread and he's at it again ,Bringing Diana ROSS INTO IT [IT;S A dionne and Whitney thread]when will the knob take notice, cheers, i really do think he needs help, now GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE, HA love it, cheers.

smark21
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Honest man, when you come onto the forum, have you taken a couple of drinks? Your posts have a rambling quality that sometimes borders on incoherence so I can’t help but wonder if you’re liquored up when you post. Also, the fact that you seem to enjoy repeating the same joke over and over again reminds be someone at a party who’s had too much to drink and bores everyone by repeating the same joke ad nauseum.

marv2
03-22-2012, 09:56 PM
So, Honest Man, have you been dwinking? hehehehehehehe........

blueskies
03-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Shit! If I told you what some of other Supremes have been up to, it would curl your toes if this bit old, old news excites you!

I'm all ears!

marv2
03-22-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm all ears!

Blueskies you know you are tops with me and one my favorites here........but there are some things you/we just don't need to know. Unfortunately for me, I KNOW! LOL!!!!

TheMotownManiac
03-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Flo and Otis were banging until she gained weight and the cad dropped her in late '66. Otis was a dog and would stick it anywhere. Mary "dated" at least one group member from each of the biggest male Motown groups plus HDH. Each Supremes "dated" at least one Temptation. Mary was known as the loosest pair of heels at Motown, but so what? Many were married but its not like Mary hurt the marriage - the dude was already looking elsewhere. Mary was young, beautiful and in the biggest vocal group in the world. She was a tramp, but so was I in my youth and, like Mary, still am up to the challenge just nowhere near as often. Mary still enjoys the company of men and I say go for it! They buy her a bottle or 2 of Dom after her show, why not top it off with some naked fun? Nature invented sex for a reason: it's fun if you're good at it. A few of Mary's more stupid fans like to point out how Diana slept with a married man like its a bad thing, when Mary slept with many times more of them. Too bad Mary has a few dumb fans, but annoying as she can be, I don't fault her at all for sleeping with dudes all over the world, I have too. And Gordy has no right to admonish Mary for tramping around - his Oscar Mayer was all over the map as well - ask Tony Turner!

simplysupreme
03-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Also, the fact that you seem to enjoy repeating the same joke over and over again reminds be someone at a party who’s had too much to drink and bores everyone by repeating the same joke ad nauseum.

Reminds me of a couple of people on here, which I have a feeling is the point Honest Man is trying to make.

TheMotownManiac
03-23-2012, 01:56 AM
They did not burn up and are part of the exhibit sometimes. The 70's group had some iffy looking costumes but these beasts put the UG in UGLY. Mary & Jeans hair were awful here. I love that they promoted this with Tom jones - it was a great record that could have gone top 10 with a better vocal from Jean [[IMHO) Her ad libs were unconvincing sounded fake, plus she was too high and should have taken them down a bit or given it to Mary. Jean had a great voice but was mediocre as a pop vocalist.

They burnt up in 1975

carlo
03-23-2012, 02:01 AM
All of Jean's records with The Supremes are fantastic in my opinion. I can't think of a Jean track that I dislike.

jobeterob
03-23-2012, 02:33 AM
I dont remember if it was a Jean vocal partly, but I didn't like Now the Bitter, Now the Sweet. But I sure wondered why they never released Over and Over.

I read a few of these posts.......God; as Mary Brewster so skillfully pointed out, when you talk about these women this way [[as sluts and addicts), remember your Mom and your sisters; and lines like "if you don't have nothing good to say, dont say nothing". Never get sucked in to responding to Marv's baiting and bad talk; leave it on YouTube.

I do like Maniac's post about "boning and nailing and the like"; he/she is definitely right and Mary musta been cranked high in that regard. Too bad we have to get old.

honest man
03-23-2012, 05:42 AM
HA no i would not go on a forum with a bevy down me,if i have a drink its Goodnight Vienna from me,last thing i want to do is to go on pc after drinking ale,nice try though ,ha HIC.Cheers.

blueskies
03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Blueskies you know you are tops with me and one my favorites here........but there are some things you/we just don't need to know. Unfortunately for me, I KNOW! LOL!!!!

Yea, you're probably right. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. But, I will forever be wondering.............................he he

marv2
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Flo and Otis were banging until she gained weight and the cad dropped her in late '66. Otis was a dog and would stick it anywhere. Mary "dated" at least one group member from each of the biggest male Motown groups plus HDH. Each Supremes "dated" at least one Temptation. Mary was known as the loosest pair of heels at Motown, but so what? Many were married but its not like Mary hurt the marriage - the dude was already looking elsewhere. Mary was young, beautiful and in the biggest vocal group in the world. She was a tramp, but so was I in my youth and, like Mary, still am up to the challenge just nowhere near as often. Mary still enjoys the company of men and I say go for it! They buy her a bottle or 2 of Dom after her show, why not top it off with some naked fun? Nature invented sex for a reason: it's fun if you're good at it. A few of Mary's more stupid fans like to point out how Diana slept with a married man like its a bad thing, when Mary slept with many times more of them. Too bad Mary has a few dumb fans, but annoying as she can be, I don't fault her at all for sleeping with dudes all over the world, I have too. And Gordy has no right to admonish Mary for tramping around - his Oscar Mayer was all over the map as well - ask Tony Turner!

First of all, Mary Wilson is no tramp! Second of all it is not as easy to get with Mary as you make it sound.....trust me! Mary Wilson may have a few dumb fans, even a few with Ph D's, but they don't go around dressing up like her like those of some other legendary singers! No, Mary Wilson is no tramp. She is a beautiful woman that loves men.....and men love her!

Gene Simmons? Now that is a tramp! He's bragged about sleeping with over 4,000 women. Oh wait, but he is a guy. Mary is a woman. People point out that Mary's former singing partner, Diana Ross also slept with,dated many men [[whatever "many" means) neither has prepared a list of them for our review or amusement. I think that it really isn 't any of our business what entertainers are doing in this regard. The bottom line is you don't know how many guys Mary has dated over her lifetime, nor do you know how many Diane has dated over her lifetime. So you sound like a bitter fool referring to any of these ladies as a tramp! It really is none of our business. Whatever Tony Turner says about anything is just his personal opinion.

marv2
03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
All of Jean's records with The Supremes are fantastic in my opinion. I can't think of a Jean track that I dislike.

Carlo I agree. Jean Terrell could sing anything and it would good and/or above average. I have never in my life heard anyone describe Jean as mediocre especially when it came to singing, so I guess you know you must consider the source and the motivation behind anyone making such a senseless comment.

marv2
03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I dont remember if it was a Jean vocal partly, but I didn't like Now the Bitter, Now the Sweet. But I sure wondered why they never released Over and Over.

I read a few of these posts.......God; as Mary Brewster so skillfully pointed out, when you talk about these women this way [[as sluts and addicts), remember your Mom and your sisters; and lines like "if you don't have nothing good to say, dont say nothing". Never get sucked in to responding to Marv's baiting and bad talk; leave it on YouTube.

I do like Maniac's post about "boning and nailing and the like"; he/she is definitely right and Mary musta been cranked high in that regard. Too bad we have to get old.

I beg your pardon. It was not I who started talking about all the men Mary dated here. I also take exception to your consistent slurring of me when all anyone has to do is click on your name here, then on "view forum posts" and just start reading down the list of comments you have made. If anyone decides to do that, they will also find that you bring my name up out of thin air many, many times. This feature is one of the benefits of SDF. It makes it impossible for you to get away with "I didn't say or do that....."! You nor the others will never get away with pretending that Mary Wilson was the only one in the Supremes, at Motown, in Rock and Roll or in the Music Business in general to do anything.......

jillfoster
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
They did not burn up and are part of the exhibit sometimes. The 70's group had some iffy looking costumes but these beasts put the UG in UGLY. Mary & Jeans hair were awful here. I love that they promoted this with Tom jones - it was a great record that could have gone top 10 with a better vocal from Jean [[IMHO) Her ad libs were unconvincing sounded fake, plus she was too high and should have taken them down a bit or given it to Mary. Jean had a great voice but was mediocre as a pop vocalist.

I had thought I read somewhere where they burned up... I guess I got my wires crossed somewhere. I LIKE Jean's hair here.

marv2
03-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I had thought I read somewhere where they burned up... I guess I got my wires crossed somewhere. I LIKE Jean's hair here.

Jill, there was a fire that burned up many of their costumes. It was never clear exactly which ones were lost. I don't think Mary even knows for sure. Then there were the thiefs of costumes over the years.

captainjames
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
yep, it is still a horrific song and Horrific outfits [[gowns). It is probably second to the worst that were ever made for the Trio in my opinion. They were just not Supreme !!! [[hahaha)

Hey, also on the topic of dating, marrying and swapping or whatever, I believe it was Mary herself who stated that her own husband didn't trust her at times. Hence the abuse began. At any rate Mary was very friendly during her stay at Motown.

I believe David Ruffin of the Temptations made a statement during that time but he is gone from us now so, I will let him R.I.P.

jillfoster
03-23-2012, 01:01 PM
What does it matter who any of these lady's were sleeping with 40 years ago? Who were you sleeping with 40 years ago honest man?

I thought this site was about the music. I had no idea it was about who was having intercourse with who decades ago. I don't think this is normal.

This is all rather upsetting.

Penny:mad:

Tom got around... I remember Cassandra Petersen [[Elvira) said she lost her virginity to Tom, and he was so big, he almost split her open like a watermelon. This was on Howard Stern she revealed this. I had no idea he was still married to that fat frump.

ivyfield
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Have to say my least favourite LP is 'Floy Joy' - also the running time start to finish is only about 30 minutes. No album should be less than 40 minutes to justify the cost. Jean does her best with the material here, but the lady always did better with stronger material - stuff like 'Love The One You're With' [[New Ways re-issue) & 'Love It Came to Me This Time' [[Touch). I remember buying it the day it came out in the UK, rushing home to play it and thinking 'New Ways' and 'Touch' were much better albums but then, for me, Frank Wilson can do no wrong. He knew how to stretch Jean vocally and she locked it every time. Oh, and a final note: It is an offence to use the word mediocre in any sentence containing the name JEAN TERRELL. Thank you.

Glenpwood
03-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Worst Jean vocal... although as I understand it is really not her fault but Jimmy Webb for pushing her to strain the top end of her range.... is "Beyond Myself". Sounds like a cat being sprayed with a garden hose at points and the Supremes/Blossoms background vocals at points don't help. Other than that I think her Supremes years material and vocals are flawless....

Roberta75
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Tom got around... I remember Cassandra Petersen [[Elvira) said she lost her virginity to Tom, and he was so big, he almost split her open like a watermelon. This was on Howard Stern she revealed this. I had no idea he was still married to that fat frump.

Tom Jones also had sexual intercourse with former Miss World Marjorie Wallace. Mr. Jones has been cheating on his wife for decades but Mrs. Linda Jones seems to accept his infidelity and stays with him. Wouldn't work for me but hey, only God can judge people. It's very cruel of you to call his wife a fat frump. Maybe Mrs. Jones is comfortable with her plus size or maybe the stress of Tom's messing around with other women have caused her to overeat.

Roberta

marv2
03-23-2012, 03:04 PM
yep, it is still a horrific song and Horrific outfits [[gowns). It is probably second to the worst that were ever made for the Trio in my opinion. They were just not Supreme !!! [[hahaha)

Hey, also on the topic of dating, marrying and swapping or whatever, I believe it was Mary herself who stated that her own husband didn't trust her at times. Hence the abuse began. At any rate Mary was very friendly during her stay at Motown.

I believe David Ruffin of the Temptations made a statement during that time but he is gone from us now so, I will let him R.I.P.

He, David also made the statment that he had asked Diane to write down all the names of the men on the tour bus that she had "been with". So if you're gonna talk, talk all the way around.......

marv2
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Yeah, well I remember that story too. Now when Mary went on Howard Stern's show in 2000 he brought up that story of Ms. Peterson's and Mary's response was...."that girl is lying!!!" LOL!!

marv2
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Worst Jean vocal... although as I understand it is really not her fault but Jimmy Webb for pushing her to strain the top end of her range.... is "Beyond Myself". Sounds like a cat being sprayed with a garden hose at points and the Supremes/Blossoms background vocals at points don't help. Other than that I think her Supremes years material and vocals are flawless....

That's funny because I really, really like that song!

blueskies
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Jean could sing the phone book and I'd show up.

marv2
03-23-2012, 04:21 PM

I think they all look great, sound great and were in perfect aligment for the early 70's in their appearance! I loved "River Deep, Mountain High" by the Supremes and Four Tops and about a million other people did as well! Nothing horrific about anything I see in that video clip. I actually remember watching it when it originally broadcast on ABC in early 1971 on a Friday night! That's how much I liked what I saw back then.......

honest man
03-23-2012, 04:59 PM
captainjames what did David say ,i must have missed it,WOW can;t believe Mary was on the block,she comes across so naive,stupid me,GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE,LOVE IT, Cheers,HIC

scanspeak
03-23-2012, 06:33 PM
If Tom's Jones' wife stayed with him during all his infidelities then she has effectively given him permission. She would have [[rightly) figured it's part of the package when you marry a rich, handsome rock star.

roger
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
If Tom's Jones' wife stayed with him during all his infidelities then she has effectively given him permission. She would have [[rightly) figured it's part of the package when you marry a rich, handsome rock star.

Actually scanspeak .. she didn't marry a "rich, handsome rock star", when they were married he was just her childhood sweet heart and an aspiring singer ..

Seems she did hit back occasionally though ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-404951/Tom-Jones-reveals-night-wife-beat-black-blue.html

Roger

jillfoster
03-23-2012, 07:21 PM

It was a shutgun wedding when they were both 16.... they were married long before he was famous. Sh'es now one of those people who's afraid to leave the house. Apparently, she vacuums and drinks champagne while doing it, and that's the highlight of her day.

jillfoster
03-23-2012, 07:22 PM
He, David also made the statment that he had asked Diane to write down all the names of the men on the tour bus that she had "been with". So if you're gonna talk, talk all the around.......

I wish someone would put Mary's Howard Stern interview up on youtube!

marv2
03-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Sure. She could have divorced him; took half his cash and went with a Beatle! LOL!

marv2
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I wish someone would put Mary's Howard Stern interview up on youtube!

Oh it was excellent! Very hilarious, but I don't think die-hard Diana Ross fans would appreciate some of the things Howard and his crew said about her. This was right at the height of the Return to Love tour controversy.

luke
03-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Was Missie Ross close friends with Sharon Holland and Claudette Robinson?

simplysupreme
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM

You tell us, Missie Luke!

jillfoster
03-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh it was excellent! Very hilarious, but I don't think die-hard Diana Ross would appreciate some of the things Howard and his crew said about her. This was right at the height of the Return to Love tour controversy.

This is why I want to hear it! LOL I've never heard it.

atcsm
03-23-2012, 09:51 PM
While the cat [[Ralph) is away, the mice [[Marv2, jillfoster, luke) will play. No wonder Mary has said she won't view this site - it's disgusting.

marv2
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM

No! They hated her. It was a another set of Supremes I was referring to in my previous posting about dating a so called best friend's husband.

marv2
03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
This is why I want to hear it! LOL I've never heard it.

I was driving to work that morning and in NY rush hour traffic, so I was able to hear the whole show! He didn 't pull any punches and I darn near ran off of the road! LOL!

marv2
03-23-2012, 10:41 PM
You tell us, Missie Luke!

Luke is a guy. Thought his name would have given a clue, but ok now you know and have no excuse.

marv2
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
While the cat [[Ralph) is away, the mice [[Marv2, jillfoster, luke) will play. No wonder Mary has said she won't view this site - it's disgusting.

Just don't worry about "what Mary said", you don't like her anyway. You don't know what Mary has said. Oh and you are still being moderated so don't go crazy.............

luke
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Welcome to Romper Room Marv!lol

marv2
03-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to Romper Room Marv!lol

I really thought I had left Romper Room behind in the sixties once I got big enough to wear big boy pants and shoes, but I guess it is still around just in a different form, hehehehehehehehe!

smark21
03-23-2012, 10:53 PM
It was a shutgun wedding when they were both 16.... they were married long before he was famous. Sh'es now one of those people who's afraid to leave the house. Apparently, she vacuums and drinks champagne while doing it, and that's the highlight of her day.

Read the Jackie Collins novel Lovers and Gamblers. The main character Al King is pretty much Tom Jones---a well hung British soul singer whose had sex with 1000’s of women but is married to a boring frumpy woman [[in the book she’s called Edna) whom he impregnated when he was just starting out. The book is a fun, trashy read.

atcsm
03-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I actually asked Ralph to delete me because of you but he would not.
You replied to this thread
R.I.P to That girl you called a slut in class today. She's a virgin. The pregnant girl walking down the street. She got raped. The boy you called lame . He has to work every night to support his family. That girl you pushed down the other day. She's already being abused at home. That girl you called fat. She's starving herself. The old man you made fun of cause ugly scars. He fought for our country. The boy you made fun of for crying. His mother is dying. You think you know them . Guess what? You don't!

Just don't worry about "what Mary said", you don't like her anyway. You don't know what Mary has said. Oh and you are still being moderated so don't go crazy.............
just saying - you are an asshole and a bully

marv2
03-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I actually asked Ralph to delete me because of you but he would not.
You replied to this thread
R.I.P to That girl you called a slut in class today. She's a virgin. The pregnant girl walking down the street. She got raped. The boy you called lame . He has to work every night to support his family. That girl you pushed down the other day. She's already being abused at home. That girl you called fat. She's starving herself. The old man you made fun of cause ugly scars. He fought for our country. The boy you made fun of for crying. His mother is dying. You think you know them . Guess what? You don't!

just saying - you are an asshole and a bully

bite me! Just sayin'

atcsm
03-23-2012, 11:12 PM
you are pure class. Mary would be so proud but she's been advised of avoiding this site - because of you - Yea Marv2!!

bite me! Just sayin'

simplysupreme
03-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Luke is a guy. Thought his name would have given a clue, but ok now you know and have no excuse.

How sweet of you to defend him, and I don't need an excuse for anything. I know as much about him as he knows about the people he constantly comments on.

jobeterob
03-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Someone should copy this thread and send it on to Mary Wilson.

thisoldheart
03-24-2012, 05:52 AM
jean terrell has to be one of the least appreciated singers at motown. i think it is purely because she was a replacement singer in one of pop music's most adored groups. in retrospect, i almost think it would have been wiser to completely rename the group when ross left. it may have stopped the confusion as to who was in group.

scanspeak
03-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Actually scanspeak .. she didn't marry a "rich, handsome rock star", when they were married he was just her childhood sweet heart and an aspiring singer ..

Seems she did hit back occasionally though ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-404951/Tom-Jones-reveals-night-wife-beat-black-blue.html

Roger

I stand corrected. However the point remains that she could have left him.
If you stay with someone who you know is a cheater then the problem is with you.
I guess the millionaire lifestyle was a nice consolation prize.

blueskies
03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
I really thought I had left Romper Room behind in the sixties once I got big enough to wear big boy pants and shoes, but I guess it is still around just in a different form, hehehehehehehehe!

http://stuartnager.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/but_do-bee.jpg

marv2
03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
http://stuartnager.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/but_do-bee.jpg

Ah hehehehehehehe......! Now I wonder where "Miss Sue" is after all these years and if she can still see us through her magic mirror? LOL!

blueskies
03-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Ah hehehehehehehe......! Now I wonder where "Miss Sue" is after all these years and if she can still see us through her magic mirror? LOL!

http://kidshow.dcmemories.com/rrnancyclastermirror_196.jpgMaybe 'Miss Sue' is watching us here on SDF......we'd better be good!

marv2
03-24-2012, 11:24 AM
http://kidshow.dcmemories.com/rrnancyclastermirror_196.jpgMaybe 'Miss Sue' is watching us here on SDF......we'd better be good!

Now that is a scary thought! LOL!

marv2
03-24-2012, 11:26 AM
More related to the topic of this thread. This program was taped on November 6,1970 and aired on November 13, 1970. It was produced for "This Is Tom Jones" on ITV [[a network in Great Britain?). I seem to recall that it did not air in America until after the New Year in 1971 on ABC. I wonder why that was?

smark21
03-24-2012, 04:56 PM
I stand corrected. However the point remains that she could have left him.
If you stay with someone who you know is a cheater then the problem is with you.
I guess the millionaire lifestyle was a nice consolation prize.

Maybe they agreed to have an open marriage?

franjoy56
03-26-2012, 12:13 AM
I have the show TiTJ and it is dated 11/13/70, I thought it aired in America in erly December because "Stoned Love" was somewhat new and rising up the charts, Jean, Mary Cindy did a fabulous job on the neil diamond opening number something about a traveling road show, and Jean does a spoken word part that knocked the socks off, and they wore those geen fringed gowns that i saw in Mary's gown collection. Jean was the best thing that happened to the supremes and her vocals were red hot. My faorite Jean Terrell led album was "Right On" with "Up the Ladder racing out of the gate, followed by "New Ways" and "Touch" "Over and Over" would have made a great single: however "Floy JOy" was not my favorite Supremes album but it had a great mix of Mary and Cindy upfront background vocals with a nice mix of Andantes behind them which is interesting unlike the Right ON album where Mary and Cindy aren't on the best tracks I got Hurt, Take a Closer Look, and "Wait a Minute Before you Leave Me, and "Then We Can Try Again" all tracks that would have faired better on the charts rather than the inferior "Everybody's Got The Right to Love", "Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music" was another superior track that should been a single with Mary and Cindy in sync with Jean's lead vocals. The greatest chart tragedy of the 70's Supremes was the failure of the single "Bad Weather" one of Jean's best singles as a supreme ever which stalled at #87.