PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight Cha Chas On Dancing With The Stars

test

milven
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Still can't believe that Gladys has agreed to be on this show, but here she is and looking fine. At the end of the clip, check out Brother Bubba. He could not look any happier for his baby sister.

Gladys Knight is arguably one of the biggest stars to ever compete on "Dancing With the Stars" and definitely the biggest for this season. For her first dance, she and partner Tristan MacManus drew a cha-cha and we gotta say, the 67-year-old diva gave it all she had.

The judges seemed more floored that she's even there than anything, which was funny and adorable. Bruno says, "The legend has got the moves. You've got class, you've got sass and you are a star - a real one!," while Carrie adds, "I'm so honored you are on our dance floor and are shaking your tail feather like nobody's business."

And Len says, "There's a naturalness about your dancing, it's not forced ... You did a wonderful job."

The judges gave Gladys a 7 [[Len) and two 8s, for a total of 23. Not too shabby for her first time out. Does this 11-time Grammy winner get your vote?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwV4i6wlU0&feature=player_embedded

skooldem1
03-20-2012, 12:13 AM
GO Gladys. She looks great.

uptight
03-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Nii-iice..! I think I even saw a couple of Pips' moves in there that probably came natural for her.

marv2
03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Gladys is great at everything!

jsmith
03-20-2012, 02:19 AM
The lady seems to give her all, whatever she is doing.
Hope she goes on till the end & wins the contest.

motony
03-20-2012, 10:18 AM
wow, she did an amazing job & looked very natural.I knew she would be great.

milven
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
One of the first competitors to admit she was there to win -- and not just have fun -- Gladys Knight took a big step in the right direction during Monday's Dancing With the Stars premiere, bringing the entire audience to its feet and pulling in one of the night's strongest scores.

And at 67 years old, she's also the most seasoned contestant by more than a decade.

"I don't think about it," she told The Hollywood Reporter after the show. "I don't think in terms of age, per se. We sort of categorize ourselves. It's what we feel in our hearts and our spirits and our minds that makes the difference."

It would appear Miss Knight feels like a dancer. She and partner Tristan MacManus earned a cumulative 23 with their Cha Cha, tying for the night's third highest score.

Of her first time out on the floor, Knight would only say that she's sad the experience was already over. "Now that we're done, it's kind of a letdown," she admitted. "You want to do it again. It's just overwhelming."

A veteran of live television and touring, Knight also said the nature of the broadcast didn't faze her.

"It's still a stage," she said, "But what they've done with the theater, you can't over look that. I've been watching from the beginning, and when I first came here it was just a floor and a few chairs. I've been in many theaters in my life, and this one doesn't fall short."

She and all of her fellow contestants will have a second chance to take that stage next week, as the series is holding its first elimination for week two. And up next for Knight and MacManus? The Quickstep.

"That's the one we're looking forward to," said MacManus. "The thing about Gladys is that she's willing to try anything."

Kamasu_Jr
03-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Nii-iice..! I think I even saw a couple of Pips' moves in there that probably came natural for her.

I noticed that too. I thought it was a nice little nod to the Pips and Cholly Atkins.

reese
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM

I think I caught a move borrowed from FRIENDSHIP TRAIN.

carlo
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM
She did a fantastic job and she looks fabulous. I think she will make it far into the competition. Everyone seems to love her, especially the judges.

arrr&bee
03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Still a beauty and still graceful,what a doll!!

honest man
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Ain't she just wonderful to watch, cheers.

jobeterob
03-24-2012, 04:38 AM
And the reviews seem to indicate she is doing a good job dancing, particularly for someone of her age!

milven
04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Here is her latest appearance on DWTS. Costume is kinda skimpy. Judges liked her. Her dancing seems to command the same attention on stage as does her singing. I find it amazing that she can do this show and rehearse while she is touring. I believe she was touring in three of four states this week. A lotta stamina for a senior citizen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FUO5pYEKo&feature=player_embedded

theboyfromxtown
04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
I get this message

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

theboyfromxtown
04-17-2012, 02:01 PM
I managed to see her dance through more searching and I assume she danced to Best of My Love from the Emotions. She was great and I sensed the audience was with her all the way. I saw Bubba in the audience.

How do you US guys feel about Bruno and East Londoner Len Goodman as judges?

caliluv
04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't know too much about the judges but I have wondered are they or have they danced and what are their qualifications to make them authorities on dancing?

theboyfromxtown
04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Bruno was the main dancer in the video for Elton John's "I'm Still Standing"

smark21
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I understand Lem Goldman is a longtime English Ballroom dancer and judge. He knows his stuff. Carrie Ann Inaba was a dancer on Madonna’s Girlie Show tour in the early 90’s.