PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying a female singer...

test

carlo
03-17-2012, 11:40 PM
I was watching "The Preacher's Wife" and noticed a lady in the choir sitting beside Cissy Houston. She can be spotted at around the 52 second mark in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6e1jHTPKJY

She's on the left side of Cissy. I know I've seen her before. I don't know why I can't seem to remember who she is. I know once someone tells me, I'm going to be kicking myself. lol. Thank you in advance for your help.

carlo
03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Was she in the Sweet Inspirations?

marv2
03-18-2012, 02:11 AM
She does look familiar, but she was not one of the Sweet Inspirations. If I come up with her name, I'll let you know.

jsmith
03-18-2012, 03:24 AM
There's a good web site that contains details of most films made. This documents all the credited actors, the producer, director, plot & who was responsible for the music, etc. ......... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117372/
I loved the parts played by the O'Jays in this movie.

Kamasu_Jr
03-18-2012, 06:45 AM
There's a good web site that contains details of most films made. This documents all the credited actors, the producer, director, plot & who was responsible for the music, etc. ......... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117372/
I loved the parts played by the O'Jays in this movie.

The O'jays were not in The Preacher's Wife, they were in the Fighting Temptations. WHO KNOWS WHO THE WOMAN IS SITTING NEXT TO CISSY HOUSTON? The only women I identified in that clip were Cissy, Whitney Houston, Jennifer Lewis and Sandra Reeves Phillips who went unbilled for some reason. The Sweet Inspirations were not in The Preacher's Wife.

jsmith
03-18-2012, 08:17 AM
The O'jays were not in The Preacher's Wife, they were in the Fighting Temptations.
YES, you're right. My mistake.

Kamasu_Jr
03-18-2012, 08:23 AM
The O'jays were not in The Preacher's Wife, they were in the Fighting Temptations.
YES, you're right. My mistake.

Easy mistake. Both films featured gospel music and choirs.

carlo
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you JSmith. I tried checking the cast list last night on IMDB, but I was unable to find anything. I think I've seen her before somewhere. Ah well...

marv2
03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Thank you JSmith. I tried checking the cast list last night on IMDB, but I was unable to find anything. I think I've seen her before somewhere. Ah well...

She looks like June Montiero of the group The Toys to me.

splanky
03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
marv said:

She looks like June Montiero of the group The Toys to me

She's a light skinned black woman, yes but she looks nothing like June to me. The answer is here somewhere...

smark21
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Probably an extra from Central Casting or a member of a local church choir if that scene was filmed on location somewhere.

Kamasu_Jr
03-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Probably an extra from Central Casting or a member of a local church choir if that scene was filmed on location somewhere.

Exactly what I was thinking Smark. The woman would probably be amused that someone took an interest in her few seconds of on screen time.

reese
03-19-2012, 09:27 AM
She might be a member of the Georgia Mass Choir. They accompanied Whitney on the soundtrack.

carlo
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
She looks like June Montiero of the group The Toys to me

Marv, that's initially who I thought of too when I saw this lady. I thought maybe it was June from The Toys.