PDA

View Full Version : 'You Keep Me Hangin' On' like NEVER before

test

ivyfield
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Guys I just got this from Google alerts. My only comment is: Why?:[[
soundcloud.com/soundremedy/the-supremes-you-keep-me [[http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://soundcloud.com/soundremedy/the-supremes-you-keep-me&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgAIAEoBDAAOABA6vuH-wRIAVgAYgVlbi1VUw&cd=KAhnJCuw7ec&usg=AFQjCNEnBYFgOBgNgHmbf31OT5CuanFPog)

ejluther
03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I suppose the answer could be "Why not?" ;) While it's not my cup of tea I'm glad to see the song still being appreciated and loved in 2012...

carlo
03-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I actually like it. Too much electronic SFX in some parts, but I like what they did with it. Very creative.

kenneth
03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
An interesting take to be sure, but I grew bored with it and didn't listen all the way through. I kept waiting for the original's incessant guitar lick intro that sounds like a harpsichord, which to me is really the signature of the song and gives it its edginess, but the remix never got to it [[at least in the first 3 minutes). A good try, but I think it doesn't have enough of the original to keep the interest though maybe that's not an issue for the electronica fans.

ivyfield
03-16-2012, 08:01 AM
An interesting take to be sure, but I grew bored with it and didn't listen all the way through. I kept waiting for the original's incessant guitar lick intro that sounds like a harpsichord, which to me is really the signature of the song and gives it its edginess, but the remix never got to it [[at least in the first 3 minutes). A good try, but I think it doesn't have enough of the original to keep the interest though maybe that's not an issue for the electronica fans.
Yep, you hit the nail on the head Kenneth. I know at 56 I'm considered an 'old fart' but I think by now I know what's palatable, repeatable and [[more importantly) will stand the test of time.

ejluther
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Love of music is so subjective and that's the best thing about it - I can only imagine that the young people of today will still love "their" music when they're older just as we do...

captainjames
03-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Actually, I am not that young but I can appreciate what they did with it. I can see it being played in some clubs. Lord knows I have walked into some of these clubs today and thought WTF is that playing.

144man
03-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Not for me.

BigAl
03-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Why? Why on earth?