PDA

View Full Version : Martha Reeves on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight!

test

carlo
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
She will be performing her latest single "I'm Not Leaving" with The Crystal Method.

marv2
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM
I am really looking forward to this! I want her to really this song out! I also hope that they interview her.

marv2
03-15-2012, 01:10 AM
I just saw it! Wow! Martha looked and sounded great! They have a hit on their hands. I was pleasantly surprised to see Louis Price of the Temptations on backgrounds. 2012 and Martha Reeves is still rockin' out! LOL!!! I love it!

smark21
03-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Here's the performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7tfaMreBE

luke
03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Just great! We seem to be seeing a renaissance for Martha-they may have a hit on their hands!

jillfoster
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
So many people like this song... and WOW did she sound and look great.. LOVE the dress!

Jimi LaLumia
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
when is this available on itunes?

carlo
03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
It's up there now, Jimi.

Jimi LaLumia
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I tried last night right after the show, under martha reeves, under crystal method, and nothing...I'll try again now...everyone should buy this immediately, get Martha back onto Top 40 radio...YES!!

blueskies
03-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Love it. This is great for Martha. Tight background singers....who were they? Let's all support Martha!

Jimi LaLumia
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
i just went back to itunes and it is STILL NOT up there...
what is it under? I did crystal method, and then Martha reeves and there's NOTHING [[for the USA, anyway)

marv2
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Love it. This is great for Martha. Tight background singers....who were they? Let's all support Martha!

One of the background singers was Louis Price. He was one of the Temptations lead singers when they were with Atlantic in the 70's.

carlo
03-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I looked up "Martha Reeves" on iTunes and found it included under all of her albums. However, I'm using iTunes Canada, so maybe it's not available in the States yet?

johnny_raven
03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
It's on Amazon downloads in the U.S.

Jimi LaLumia
03-15-2012, 06:15 PM
it should be on itunes U.S.!

smark21
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Did anyone noticed that Martha's mic was not set higher than the band or the background singers?

milven
03-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Did anyone noticed that Martha's mic was not set higher than the band or the background singers?

I noticed it and was disappointed that she did not sound like the lead. I originally heard the song in a thread on this board, and it was much better. She was out front. I like the song, and her performance. Listen to it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqqwe2WiuGA&feature=player_embedded#!

smark21
03-15-2012, 10:22 PM
it should be on itunes U.S.!

It is. I found it. The Crystal Method "I'm Not Leaving". There's even a 4 song "album" with the original version of the song and 3 remixes.

Penny
03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Oh I really enjoyed that song last night. I have got to say that is probably one of the best group of Vandellas I have ever seen behind her. Martha sounded okay. I like her studio work better these days. Her voice just warbles a bit much for me.

Penny:cool:

marv2
03-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Oh I really enjoyed that song last night. I have got to say that is probably one of the best group of Vandellas I have ever seen behind her. Martha sounded okay. I like her studio work better these days. Her voice just warbles a bit much for me.

I thought she sounded and looked great and there were no Vandellas there!

luke
03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
The warbling seemed less to me. I do wish she'd eliminate it--can she?

Roberta75
03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Leave Martha alone. Martha looks and sounds fantastic. She does not warble. Martha Reeves is a legend.

marybrewster
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM

I agree Penny! I really liked her new Vandellas. I didn't know she got rid of Lois and Delphine. Maybe they could help you sell AVON since they're no longer touring?

blueskies
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
The warbling seemed less to me. I do wish she'd eliminate it--can she?

http://www.thevoiceclub.com/audio/how-to-control-vibrato/

"Warblng" is technically called vitrato. Some vibrato is needed or the voice sounds too 'steely' and cold. If the vibato gets too pronounced it sounds....well, like a warble. As the voice gets older, sometimes this develops and some people have it from the get go. Opera singer Beverly Sills developed a wide vibrato from probably doing roles she took on later in her career that did some vocal damage [[too heavy of a role). Martha seems to go into a wide vibrato when she gets into the upper range. I image some vocal training could help? I'm not a singer but live with a former opera singer so have heard about 'vibrato' forever. Her vibrato sounded less in the new music and always enjoy Martha. At 70 I'm just glad Martha is with us and still performing. Go Martha!

luke
03-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Of course-me too! I listened to some vocal coaches on tv after Whitney's death who said there is no reason for a singer to lose their voice or have it diminish, if they practice and take care of it.

copley
03-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I've loved Martha for 50 yrs! She looks great for 70, but someone needs to tell her to wear clothes that fit! Her voice has long since gone AWOL. She sounds much better on the studio recording as her voice has been 'corrected'. I still love her though and like this song.