PDA

View Full Version : Did "Motown" miss the bus with "LMFAO"?

test

marybrewster
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
While I am not familiar with their whole story, I'm curious to know why the extremely talented and popular electro-hop group "LMFAO" was never signed with Motown Records/Universal. With ties to Berry Gordy and Motown, you'd think they would have been a natural fit. Their platinum/gold album and #1 singles could have been just the boost "Motown" needed to bring them back to the top.....thoughts?

carlo
03-13-2012, 11:33 AM
They probably went with whatever record company gave them the better deal. I doubt Berry really has any feelings for the current Motown label of today. In reality, the "new" Motown no longer exists. It's just a corporate subsidiary with the name "Motown" on paper.

marybrewster
03-15-2012, 09:04 AM
That's too bad, because whomever did sign them is LTFAO all the way to the bank. Cha-ching!

soulster
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Berry just doesn't have that kind of influence on today's record industry anymore.

nomis
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I agree Gordy's long retired..Im not too hot on that group..Ive only heard that big hit and I play at my gigs but I would never listen to it at home...and Berry made a heck of alot of money anyway so I doubt he would be worried..