PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On is now available

test

ralpht
03-13-2012, 09:50 AM
It took a while gang, but the song is now available. Hope it was worth the wait.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/teddiemorrow6

MIKEW-UK
03-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi Ralph,

I thought you might have all lost the plot doing Marvin's "What's Going On", so was mentally prepared for a mighty let down.

Honestly, this far surpassed my expectations, it excels! Spontaneously broke into a smile listening to it.

Trying to define quite why it works so well, I first of all have to credit the rhythm section which really cooks along at a great tempo and has this wonderful melange of bass, percussion, guitar, keyboards and sax. It is the foundation on which all else sits, and it REALLY works. These things either work or are one big fail - well, you all really pulled it off. It's a magic sound. Which instruments are live? It all sounds live, and especially the percussion.

I really like Teddie's voice - he has that edge in the voice, plus a lot of flexibility and I know he can do falsetto as well - but it's the raspiness that I really go for.

Seriously this is a fine, fine record and right to my personal taste - it's a genuine soul performance to a very high standard, and it's got that appeal top go places if it can muster exposure.

As I said, the rhythm section definitely knows how to work up something very special on a song that everyone is familiar with, yet has given it a completely new feel without detracting from the original

I have high hopes for you on this one

ralpht
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you Mike for your glowing review. I have high hopes regarding the promotion of Teddie Morrow. He is an extremely talented guy and I have many songs that I plan on releasing that I'm sure will be liked by many. Stay tuned.

ms_m
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Love the arrangement and again I will say [[publicly) it's Curtis Mayfield meets Bobby Womack....and I mean that in a good way Ralph.:D

Congrats on a great interpretation of a classic.

ralpht
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Thank you, Ms.M.

ceasar
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Ralph,
That is my all time favorite.
I truly think it was very well done.
I will be introducing our new release on sd.
I'm anxious to hear what you think
It is a ballad, titled
[[ I'M) IN LOVE AGAIN.
It has been a while since we had a release.
Ceasar
The
Original
Tymes

ralpht
03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Thank you Ceasar. Looking forward to hearing your new song.

MIKEW-UK
03-19-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm curious as to whether people have had the chance to review "What's Going On" by Teddie Morrow.....any responses out here?

ralpht
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Mike,
Perhaps the snippet was a little stingy. I just sent in a request to CDBaby to give me the first two and a half minutes of the song as the snippet.

MIKEW-UK
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes Ralph, I think that's very helpful for listeners. Because the record builds as it progresses, the second verse is when Teddie really starts to get into his stride, the brass comes in and the backing vocals start to play their part. I think the essence of the record is how it gets richer and more impactful throughout. By the way, someone who gets into this will do so because of the super rhythm track; it's a thoroughly modern treatment but because it all sounds like live instruments, it loses nothing. Anyway, that's what I'm hearing... I'd love to hear some other's views.

ralpht
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Well I hope CDBaby gets on this change right away.

ralpht
03-22-2012, 07:08 PM
CDBabytells me I can only use a 29 second snippet. So I told them to go from the top. Not perfect but it will give a new perspective to what is now there.