PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Robinson will induct Miracles into RRHOF

test

stingbeelee
03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Smokey Robinson will induct the Miracles, including Marv Tarplin, into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120306/ENT04/203060444/

Kamasu_Jr
03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
It's appropriate, I guess.

reese
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
So I gather this means that Smokey won't be inducted as a Miracle himself ?

He's already inducted in the RRHOF, so it isn't a big deal to me. It just seems a bit strange considering that there are artists who have been inducted both as group members and as solo artists [[Michael Jackson, John Lennon).

Zantellor
03-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Hopefully Smokey will use his influance to get both The Marvelettes and Mary Wells inducted.His writing and productions are a major part of both acts sucess . The Matrvelettes and Mary Wells have contributed much more to rock and roll than many acts already inducted. Hopefully Smokey will help.As it would be another kudo for him

motony
03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
yes, Smokey SHOULD help correct the wrong that neither Mary Wells or the Marvelettes are not in the RRHOF BECAUSE Mary Wells was the most influential female modern soul singer & the Marvelettes were the most influential female soul group, period.

thisoldheart
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
granted, both mary wells and the marvelettes more than deserve to be in the rock & roll hall of fame, but i am not convinced "influential" is the correct word here. think that smokey and h/d/h writing are examples of people who have influenced the course of music history, much the way phil spector and even ronnie's voice have had a huge effect on production and singing styles today. how many records have used h/d/h's signature beat? and bruce springsteen is still copping the philles sound and try his best to sing like ronnie!