PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Robinson Stripped Mixes

test

pj1
09-05-2010, 07:34 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-stripped-mixes/id388463335

drlorne
09-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the link pj1. I bought it and really like it. The harmonies are really pronounced. I particularly like Being With You.
I hope they can do this with the 60's and 70 Supremes---It would be great to hear Mary/Flo/Cindy/Linda's backgrounds brought to the front.
Lorne

booty
09-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Can't find them on I-Tunes here in the UK - must be US only availability. So much for an open internet! Can anyone suggest a [[legitimate) way to obtain these?

fatmaninthethirdrow
09-06-2010, 05:57 AM
When I tried it, my itunes told me "not available in the UK store. Would you like to change to US Store"

When I said yes, it offered them to me and I could hear the previews

1382hitsville
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Also not for sale in the Dutch iTunes store...

nabob
09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Try US Amazon or even UK/FR/DE Amazons. Here is the link to US Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=smokey+robinson+stripped

I've never been a fan of DD media, but I will give this a try and actually spend money on the format. Anybody know the bit rate on downloads?

This is reminiscent of Yor're My Everything on the Funk Brothers' Standing in the Shadows Naked Mixes. Baby, Baby Don't Cry with The Miracles and Jamerson on the base nearly had me shouting here at work. I'll do that when I get home. Are these planned on any other artists?

booty
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Nope! Amazon US won't allow it either. I get the following message,

We are sorry...
We could not process your order. The sale of MP3 Downloads is currently available only to US customers located in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I just think this situation is ridiculous and encourages illegal downloading!

I encountered the same problem with the William Goldstein set last year ... Still trying to find an avenue to purchase this too.