PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Apologizes To Sandra Fluke For Calling Her A 'Slut'

test

abfan
03-03-2012, 08:22 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/03/rush-limbaugh-apologizes-to-sandra-fluke_n_1318718.html?ncid=webmail1

Jerry Oz
03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Watch all of his sponsors come running back to support him all over again.

marv2
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh, so NOW he's sorry? Yeah right! If he were really sorry, he'd quit his show! hehehehehehehe.... He's not sorry. He is sorry that he did not project the public's response of his disgusting rants.

jillfoster
03-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Jerry.... no need to Worry..... even after the apology, CARBONITE has just walked! One of his 3 BIGGEST sponsors! i'm peeing myself with delight over this.

Jerry Oz
03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Classic! I hope he winds up taking ads for ED drugs like Glenn Beck did before he went off the air when nobody else wanted to buy his air time.

jillfoster
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Rush Limbaugh and flaccid weenies go together like peanut butter and jelly.

jillfoster
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
The total sponsors that have left now stands at 6. Let's hope it keeps up!

soulster
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
That slime only half-apologized when he realized that his asinine remarks would threaten his show. At least a lot of his sponsors are now realizing just how toxic the guy is, and can be for their products.

Right now would be a good time to remind the public of all the disgusting things he's said over the years.

jillfoster
03-04-2012, 11:14 PM
And you know Soulster... Ron Paul of all people said the exact same thing this morning on Meet the Press. that his apology wasn't geniune, and he did it for his own personal gain.

soulster
03-05-2012, 12:17 AM
And you know Soulster... Ron Paul of all people said the exact same thing this morning on Meet the Press. that his apology wasn't geniune, and he did it for his own personal gain.

And, you don't think Ron Paul said it for his personal gain?

gary_james
03-05-2012, 12:56 AM
I don't believe there are "accidents" or unplanned "slips" when this stuff happens. It's all about ratings, and this one got people talking and paying attention.

soulster
03-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Well, the question if Limbaugh believes the garbage he spews. He claims to be a shock jock, but I think he's serious. Even if he's not, his audience hangs on his every word. Ditto heads, they used to call them. His audience is mostly White males, just as Glenn Beck attracts White females.

soulster
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Another advertiser, #7, pulls out of Limburger's show:

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/103126/seven-advertisers-bail-from-rush-limbaugh-despite-

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/advertisers-pull-funds-from-rush-limbaughs-radio-show-over-slut-comments/

Jerry Oz
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Well, the question if Limbaugh believes the garbage he spews. He claims to be a shock jock, but I think he's serious. Even if he's not, his audience hangs on his every word. Ditto heads, they used to call them. His audience is mostly White males, just as Glenn Beck attracts White females.
“Mr. Limbaugh’s recent comments went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company,” the Internet-based flower delivery company wrote in a statement on its Facebook page Sunday afternoon. “As such, ProFlowers has suspended advertising on The Rush Limbaugh radio program.”

I liked this statement. I guess his personal shots against the president, first lady, and Hillary Clinton were all in the interest of politics. This pathetic wretch of a human being has gone this far before, but it was against "fair" targets before. The first to call names is always the first one to run out of something constructive [[postitive or not) to say.

jillfoster
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Soulster... of course Ron Paul said it for personal gain, but I think Ron Paul truly BELIEVES it, too. UPDATE!!!! the sponsors leaving his show now stands at EIGHT! AOL has dumped him, CNN just reported this about 30 minutes ago. I knew more dominoes would fall once monday got here, and companies had a chance to have meetings and make decisions after the feedback gathered over the weekend.

soulster
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
“Mr. Limbaugh’s recent comments went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company,” the Internet-based flower delivery company wrote in a statement on its Facebook page Sunday afternoon. “As such, ProFlowers has suspended advertising on The Rush Limbaugh radio program.”

I liked this statement. I guess his personal shots against the president, first lady, and Hillary Clinton were all in the interest of politics. This pathetic wretch of a human being has gone this far before, but it was against "fair" targets before. The first to call names is always the first one to run out of something constructive [[postitive or not) to say.

I'm wondering about doing business with any of these companies because they ignored Limbaugh when he said nasty, personal things about the President and his wife and family.

soulster
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Soulster... of course Ron Paul said it for personal gain, but I think Ron Paul truly BELIEVES it, too. UPDATE!!!! the sponsors leaving his show now stands at EIGHT! AOL has dumped him, CNN just reported this about 30 minutes ago. I knew more dominoes would fall once monday got here, and companies had a chance to have meetings and make decisions after the feedback gathered over the weekend.

That's #8! How long before KFI sees him as a liability.

This does not mean I now support Ron Paul. I still think he's a disgusting racist bastard, and his extreme libertarian idea would destroy this country and plunge the world into chaos. Good thing he will not be the nominee.

soulster
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Now, ultra-conservative Patrica Heaton is taking the heat for her part in this.

http://www.newser.com/story/141095/patricia-heaton-attacks-sandra-fluke-deletes-twitter.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=inbox&utm_campaign=newser

http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/patricia-heaton-dittohead-slut-shamer

http://angryblacklady.tumblr.com/post/18753803252/heatoncoward

Jerry Oz
03-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Now, ultra-conservative Patrica Heaton is taking the heat for her part in this.

I guess the folks at ABC read both Twitter and angry viewer e-mails. I wonder if "The Middle" will take a ratings hit Wednesday night?

soulster
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I guess the folks at ABC read both Twitter and angry viewer e-mails. I wonder if "The Middle" will take a ratings hit Wednesday night?

Either that, or she quickly saw how damaging her remarks were to her career and she pulled her own account.

timmyfunk
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
And just why is getting all of this flak for this particular comment? This ass **** has a long history of making racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. Why did this one ignite such a shit storm?

MotownSteve
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
And just why is getting all of this flak for this particular comment? This ass **** has a long history of making racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. Why did this one ignite such a shit storm?

Maybe it is the last straw. In any event, it is about time he got thrown out on his rear.4574

soulster
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Because he chose an innocent person as his target, typical of what a bully does.

It doesn't say anything good for the republiKKKan party who have, to this very moment, refused to repudiate him. Still, not one of them will sta nd up against Limbaugh. It makes one wonder just what he has on them, or what they think he can do to them.

Even if they come out now and stand up to him now, they still look bad for allowing him to get away with all that he has said and done over the years.

Another problem the the repibliKKKans have: if they do start standing up to Limbaugh, they will alienate all his fans and will loose support.

soulster
03-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Maybe it is the last straw. In any event, it is about time he got thrown out on his rear.

I predict he will keep going with his show and no one will call for his removal. They will listen to him like they do Donald Trump. In fact, Faux news and the other conservatives are rallying around him. The gop leadership is supporting him

He is attempting to maintain his relevance by linking everything to the "left".

Meanwhile, he has lost two more sponsors today, and no, a Hawaiian radio station has dropped his show. And, this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/female-veterans-rush-limbaugh-slut_n_1321654.html

Anyway, all this is making me very happy! Obama is looking at four more years in the White House!

blueskies
03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Limbaugh=Hog Shat....with a' less than' mentality to boot!

MotownSteve
03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Soulster,
You are probably right,unfortunately. Same thing goes for the top federal judge in Montana. I heard someone say today that if the situation was reversed and a Democratic Judge said that about W's mother there would have been hell to pay.

Jerry Oz
03-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Soulster,
You are probably right,unfortunately. Same thing goes for the top federal judge in Montana. I heard someone say today that if the situation was reversed and a Democratic Judge said that about W's mother there would have been hell to pay.
Yep. That was in the news for about 20 seconds. But the media is biased to the left? Yeah, right...

soulster
03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
i just saw that another station dropped his show. And now, in the middle of all of this, Rush is trying to justify what he said on rappers. And, the republican nominees still won't say much about Limbaugh. How are they gonna stand up to Iran when they can't even stand up to Limbaugh.

soulster
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Soulster,

Oh yeah! that's a big one! How come no one on either side is speaking up about that one?

marv2
03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Didn't the top Federal Judge in Montana say something like Barak Obama's mother had sex with a dog?

MotownSteve
03-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Didn't the top Federal Judge in Montana say something like Barak Obama's mother had sex with a dog?

He forwarded an email from his work email address suggesting that. He does back to the bench tomorrow. I think he suspended himself for a few days and asked for an investigation. Personally, he should step down and forget about his pension.

Jerry Oz
03-06-2012, 12:45 AM
In 2009, I received a couple of e-mails from some guy in my company that worked in Arizona where he was taking the opportunity to trash President Obama hard. He was forwarding stuff that he received to a distribution list that he created and he typed in my last name and first initial and thought that I was someone else. I forwarded them to my boss who contacted his manager. Shortly after, I received apologies but I always got the impression he trashed me in his next e-mail.

stephanie
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I dont know why the Repubs are afraid of Rush? They act like he has the final word! As happy as I am to see these advertisers pull out I think it may be back to business as usual for him he would have to have LOTS of advertisers pull out for him to sink because of his huge audience. I never will forget when he said Michael J Fox didnt take his medicine so he could appear shaky in front of Congress so they would vote for stem cell research. Shock Jock or not he has said some things that if anyone else had said it would have been sued or yanked off of the air.

stephanie
03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Listing of advertisers who have pulled out and its more than 8!

http://www.topplebush.com/boycott_rush_removed.shtml

Roberta75
03-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Listing of advertisers who have pulled out and its more than 8!

http://www.topplebush.com/boycott_rush_removed.shtml

Two radio stations have now dropped him. I have a feeling more will follow.

Roberta

ralpht
03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I've been waiting a long time to see this jerk get taken down. I hope this is the big moment.

soulster
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Two radio stations have now dropped him. I have a feeling more will follow.

Roberta

More companies than that have pulled out. The big ones are starting to pull out.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-03-05/rush-limbaugh-apology/53375858/1

And, for your enjoyment:
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

soulster
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I've been waiting a long time to see this jerk get taken down. I hope this is the big moment.

If the Clear Channel drops him, he knows he has a home at Faux news. They are supporting him.

jillfoster
03-06-2012, 02:31 PM
The total sponsors dropping him are now up to TWENTY FOUR!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rush-limbaugh-sponsor-exodus-sandra-fluke-station-loss-297057

MotownSteve
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I was just answering trivia questions in the Soulful Detroit Forum about Sly & the Family Stone and some of the above posts make me think of their song Higher and Higher.

soulster
03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
To make it easy, here's the tally do far at this writing:

Polycom
Service Magic
AccuQuote
Hadeed Carpet
Bonobos
Geico
John Deere
St. Vincent's Medical Center
Stamps.com
Bethesda Sedation Dentistry
Cascades Dental
Philadelphia Orchestra
Goodwill Industries
Heart & Body Extract
Netflix
Downeast Energy
Capitol One
JCPenney.
AOL
Sears
LegalZoom
ProFlowers

Jerry Oz
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Don't get too excited too soon. Rush is worshipped by the Cult of Personality. Even if he gets sacked from his present gig, he will [[just like Imus did) find himself working somewhere else. There are millions of empty minds out there hoping to eat the slop this pig dishes out and when the dust settles, advertisers will be less concerned with this incident than they are with making money.

soulster
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Don't get too excited too soon. Rush is worshipped by the Cult of Personality. Even if he gets sacked from his present gig, he will [[just like Imus did) find himself working somewhere else. There are millions of empty minds out there hoping to eat the slop this pig dishes out and when the dust settles, advertisers will be less concerned with this incident than they are with making money.

Like I said, Roger Ailes at Faux news will gladly accept him into the family.

Jerry Oz
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Like I said, Roger Ailes at Faux news will gladly accept him into the family.
It would still be nice to see him put in check, though. I'm pretty sure there are many in the GOP establishment who are hoping he's sacked [[Michael Steele, for example).

soulster
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
You know it! A lot of the gop would like to see him cut down to size or even disappear. But, it's their own fault he's so powerful. They gave him the power over them. All it would take is one prominent republiKKKan to stand up to him. Once that happened, the others would feel safe enough to follow.

Jerry Oz
03-06-2012, 10:05 PM
This is true but they're gutless, like most Democrats. People will put up with indignant behavior when it happens to others to avoid the bully focusing on them. They sit on the sidelines and refuse to make eye contact while someone else is picked on like they're kids on a school yard, wondering why nobody will do something about it.

soulster
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Peer pressure.

How can we expect these guys to run a country if they can't even stand up to a bully?

MotownSteve
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
This is true but they're gutless, like most Democrats. People will put up with indignant behavior when it happens to others to avoid the bully focusing on them. They sit on the sidelines and refuse to make eye contact while someone else is picked on like they're kids on a school yard, wondering why nobody will do something about it.

That is the way a lot of things work. You never who who or when or if will make the difference. As an example: Ernesto Miranda.

jillfoster
03-08-2012, 08:15 PM
77 of the 86 commercial spots on Rush's show today were public service Ad council commercials. Ones that DON'T pay money. and this was on the flagship WABC:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/03/08/441172/rush-limbaugh-radio-silence/

marv2
03-08-2012, 08:36 PM
77 of the 86 commercial spots on Rush's show today were public service Ad council commercials. Ones that DON'T pay money. and this was on the flagship WABC:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/03/08/441172/rush-limbaugh-radio-silence/

Jill, I heard this evening that he has lost about 50 paid sponsers including Home Depot and Geico. I am sure they are going to try to keep him on the air until this all blows over. If Rush does not pick up new sponsors to replace the ones he's lost, I would not be surprissed if he gets a wealthy benefactor such as the Koch Brothers.

jobeterob
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Toxic, vengeful, venomous, rude, ignorant, and all those character traits always come back to haunt you........as we've seen again and again.

It's amazing how long it has taken in this situation.

soulster
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
140 [[and counting) companies drop Rush Limbaugh's show. Even PSA advertisers are asking to not have their spots aired on his show.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/12/442673/141-companies-advertisng-rush-limbaugh/

jillfoster
03-12-2012, 09:21 PM
I just saw that update, Soulster... this is incredible! And it's spreading to other right wing talkers as well. Companies know that it's only a matter of time before one of the others on Rush's coattails step in it, and they don't want any of it splattering on them when they do.

marv2
03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I just saw that update, Soulster... this is incredible! And it's spreading to other right wing talkers as well. Companies know that it's only a matter of time before one of the others on Rush's coattails step in it, and they don't want any of it splattering on them when they do.

Jill, I think this is great news especially in an election year. I cannot over estimate the kind of influence Rush Limbaugh has had over many people. I think people would be surprised to learn how his brand of "talk" has had even a small effect on their day to day lives. I was surprised to learn that a few people I had worked with listened to Limbaugh regularly.

I am now waiting the announcement that either his show has been cancelled or that someone like the Koch Brothers have taken over sponsorship of his show.

soulster
03-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Just in from Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC: Premier Networks, the company that syndicates Limbaugh's show, has suspended all national advertising on Rush's show for two weeks. Unless someone steps up and saves him, he's about to lose his show. Please let Michael Savage be next! He advocates killing Muslims.

MotownSteve
03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I just heard on MSNBC that Rush as lost 140 sponsors. How many more can there be? He continues to attack woman.