PDA

View Full Version : The Dolls

test

blueskies
02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know anything about this group? What cute girls and they have a great, early girl group sound.

ralpht
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm not familiar with the group, but while watching the video, I couldn't help but think what a good Supremes song that would have been.

blueskies
02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
I agree, Ralph. Unfortunately, I had to take down the video as I realizes it listed my email address. If anyone is interested in the video, it's at youtube at "The Dolls". Enjoy!

splanky
03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm bumping this thread in the hope someone who knows can tell us more about this group...
I loved their sound and their spunk! Why they never blew up baffles me. Unfortunately they have not been featured in any girl group book I've read, they don't show up at all on the so-called All Music
website and when I googled them all I got were references to either The Pussycat Dolls, The New York
Dolls [[who were guys!) or the Valley Of The Dolls movie...In the comments section on youtube someone
mentioned The Reason Why was actually a b-side of That Reminds Me which I couldn't find at all...
O Well....Anyway, for those who may or may not have seen them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEw-qWTzVI0

robb_k
03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
To which "Dolls" group are you referring? There were several. I like the Texas group best [[that sang "The Reason Why") in 1965. There was a group from New York as well, another East Coast group, and some others. What songs did your group sing?

splanky
03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
The Reason Why group, that's the link I posted. I know the title is abbreviated in the link but it's the best picture quality
of all of the post of this song...