PDA

View Full Version : New UK Spectrum titles

test

theboyfromxtown
02-28-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure if these have been mentioned anywhere. My apologies if they have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tears-Clown-Smokey-Robinson-Miracles/dp/B006BTF2C0/ref=pd_bxgy_m_h__img_b

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aint-Mountain-High-Enough-Collection/dp/B006MIDPTM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330419333&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Love-Collection-Supremes/dp/B006GSRG1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330419079&sr=8-1

There are some Amazon reviews too.

copley
02-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Good price but nothing new of course!

Kamasu_Jr
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Great covers but no new music!

theboyfromxtown
02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
That is until someone buys them and makes sure!

Kamasu_Jr
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM

We got the Supremes' Baby Love in at the Stax Music shop. There was nothing different about the tracks except Sunset was featured in Stereo.

Sotosound
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM

I've bought the Supremes and Marvin Gaye CDs.

The Supremes CD is an odd mixture of stereo and mono tracks and Í wonder exactly where these tracks were sourced.

For instance, there are two tracks from the "Reflections" LP [["Bah Bah Bah" and "Misery Makes Its Heart My Home") but the first is in mono while the second is in stereo.

"Stoned Love" is the rare long mono single mix from TCMS, with the long orchestral intro and the single edit of the main song tacked together. This is a cheap way for people to get hold of that particular track.

Finally, the version of "I'm Living In Shame" is the version from the DRATS Ultimate Collection. It's in mono but it's not the single mix. [[In this mix, Diana Ross sounds like she's at the far end of a long corridor while the cellists sound as though they were sat around the only microphone in the studio.) The real single mix can be found on TCMS.

Strange brew!

As for the Marvin CD, it's another mixture of mono and stereo tracks. Oddly, the instrumental version of "After The Dance" is included [[now who'd really want that in preference to the vocal version?). I also think that the two tracks from "Here My Dear" are remixes from the Deluxe Edition.

Again, a strange brew!

In terms of being an enjoyable listen, I prefer the Supremes CD as it includes the odd Frank Wilson produced track from the early Jean Terrell era and it includes those two tracks from "Reflections". "Bah Bah Bah" is a really weird track but I love it for some reason, and "Misery Makes My Heart Its Home" is just a great Smokey Robinson pop-soul song. My original Tamla Motown mono LP of "Reflections" is in danger of getting worn out, so this CD saves a little wear and tear there.

For less than £10 the pair they are good value Motown lucky dip bags.

ejluther
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the post, Sotosound - I just got my copy of The Supremes CD in the mail and you helped me make sense of the versions, etc...and any CD that has "It's Time to Break Down" gets a thumbs up from me!