PDA

View Full Version : In the blink of an eye....

test

skooldem1
02-24-2012, 10:58 AM
The Diana Ross Grammy thread is gone. I just posted a question on it, went back in and now can't find it. This computer I'm on at work, is running really slow today so I don't know if the thread is really gone or not. Does anyone else see it?

captainjames
02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
HAHA
you are right - its gone.

soulster
02-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Maybe Ralph had enough of the crap in it and zapped it.

skooldem1
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Why would he allow crap to go on in the first place? Ralph, why would you? Why not just remove the offending post or the trouble makers, instead of the thread? It was obvious who the trouble makers were and what their goal was. I pointed this out to you and yet you still allowed it to go on.

simplysupreme
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
The response is always "if you don't like it, you can leave." That's sad, considering that people DO like it here and enjoy chatting. Guess it's easier to zap an entire thread than to deal with the actual problem. It's always the same people that ruin it. Take a look at the Tyler Perry/Diana Ross thread and you can clearly see who is responsible for "going there."

RossHolloway
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
^^ Agreed, it's always the same couple of people who always poison a thread, ban those couple of people and 99% of the vitriol goes with them.

ralpht
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah gang, it was I that deleted the thread. It had gotten way out of hand. As far as banning troublemakers, I do that when I feel that person is no longer useful to the good of the forum. However, I have to admit, some of the complaints I get are simply not warranted and only makes the person issuing the "complaint" more of an irritant to me. Like I said, I do what I can.

ralpht
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
simplysupreme,
Where have I ever said "if you don't like it you can leave"? Such an unfair statement.

ralpht
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Ross,
From my perspective, the same couple of people you allude to are simply lightening rods for some here that like to muddy the waters. I'm just sayin'...

simplysupreme
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
simplysupreme,
Where have I ever said "if you don't like it you can leave"? Such an unfair statement.

When this issue has come up in the past and people criticized your moderation skills, you have said that those who are unhappy are free to go elsewhere. I apologize if I misquoted you, but I feel the tone beneath what you're saying is: "if you don't like it you can leave." I'll be sure to point it out the next time it happens.......and it will, as long as you continue to allow the same handful to ruin threads.

simplysupreme
02-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Ross,
From my perspective, the same couple of people you allude to are simply lightening rods for some here that like to muddy the waters. I'm just sayin'...

Then why not tell the lightening rods to cool it? I HAVE seen you tell others that, like Ladonna.

RossHolloway
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Ross,

Ralph T., I'm generally not one for censorship or the banning of posters, but when a posters sole purpose is to antagonize other posters or rise up almost everyday just to denigrate the legacy of a Detroit artist then what do they really bring to the spirit of this board? Those individuals bring more negativity and harm to this board then good. And while you are the ultimate decider on who stays and goes, doesn't it alarm or trouble you that they have chased other posters away from this site due to all their negativity and evilness? How is that rational?

ralpht
02-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Supreme,
If I think someone is out of line, I tell them so.

Ross,
I'm fairly certain many of those that have left this place did so under conditions that, more than likely, didn't warrant an exit. I've been here a very long time and I've seen many go and I've seen many return also. Like I say...I do what I can.

ralpht
02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
And need I further mention that if there is an individual you don't wish to have any association with, simply hit the ignore button for that person and your troubles are over. [[if you really want them to be)

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 06:25 PM
And need I further mention that if there is an individual you don't wish to have any association with, simply hit the ignore button for that person and your troubles are over. [[if you really want them to be)

May I ask why the "Wendy Williams" thread was deleted Ralph. I thought for once we could have an honest debate about Homophobia and how it results in prejudice and discrimination, creating a culture in which people who are Gay and Lesbian, live with fear of being rejected by family or friends, being physically assaulted and even causing some of our youth to take their own lives.

Sweeping this issue under the carpet isn't the solution IMHO.

Respectfully,

Roberta

ralpht
02-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Roberta,
From what I could see, the conversation deteriorated to a level I deemed not appropriate. I too was looking for a reasonable conversation on a timely topic, but that didn't happen. I hope we keep trying though.

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Roberta,
From what I could see, the conversation deteriorated to a level I deemed not appropriate. I too was looking for a reasonable conversation on a timely topic, but that didn't happen. I hope we keep trying though.

I appreciate your response Ralph.

Fondly,

Roberta

LadySingsBlues
02-24-2012, 09:21 PM
There were some nice articles & beautiful photos shared in that thread. It's a shame that it had to be entirely deleted rather than closed from new posts so the rest of it could at least be preserved.

marv2
02-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Roberta,

It deteriorated Ralph when Roberta came in and tried to force a change in the subject of the thread. We were [[prior to Roberta joining in....) discussing a recent article with a letter from the actress Janet Hubert [[who played the mom on "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air") in which she states that TV gossip host, Wendy Williams should bear some responsibility for the downfall of Whitney Houston. The majority of posters in the thread did not care for Wendy Williams nor her brand of "entertainment". They also took note of Ms. Williams exaggerated physical appearance and that's when I made comment Roberta did not like and began accusing me of being a homophobic. No one knew where that came from but Roberta persisted in trying to attach obtruse meanings to anything said earlier in the thread! If you saw the thread, you'll what I mean.

atcsm
02-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Did you call Logo the "Freak" Network?

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Yes he did call Logo the "Freak Network" and that's when I called him out for his blatant homophobia. If marv2 hadn't called a Gay network a "Freak" Network I would never have challenged him. Even after giving him the proper name "Logo" marv2 continued with his bigoted name-calling, by calling Logo the "Freak" Network another 2 or 3 times.

marv2 needs to realize that Homophobia can take many forms, from offensive using slurs like "Freak" to serious crimes like assault and murder [[think Mathew Shepard) to kids committing suicide from being bullied at school.

marv2
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM

I don't even know what that is, so go back to sleep........

atcsm
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow - I guess it was his comment that caused the thread to deteriorate and be deleted.

atcsm
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
So you are denying saying that? By the way, a Kindle is an electronic reading device. There really isn't a link to it.

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Wow - I guess it was his comment that caused the thread to deteriorate and be deleted.

That's when I called marv2 out for calling a Gay Network a Freak Network. He basically called Ru Paul and the Logo Network freaks. Now tell me that isn't homophobic!!!!

marv2
02-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes he did call Logo the "Freak Network" and that's when I called him out for his blatant homophobia. If marv2 hadn't called a Gay network a "Freak" Network I would never have challenged him. Even after giving him the proper name "Logo" marv2 continued with his bigoted name-calling, by calling Logo the "Freak" Network another 2 or 3 times.

marv2 needs to realize that Homophobia can take many forms, from offensive using slurs like "Freak" to serious crimes like assault and murder [[think Mathew Shepard) to kids committing suicide from being bullied at school.

Anyone that read that thread knows that right now you are lying. Why are you so hysterical? I said that Wendy Williams should be on the Freak Network with Rupaul. this was in response to all of us on the thread that concluded that Wendy looked like a drag queen. I don't know about any Logo until Roberta jumps up in the thread and start accusing me of calling it a Freak Network. NOW I understand that it is a network for gay programming, but I was not referring to that because I have never heard of it.

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Anyone that read that thread knows that right now you are lying. Why are you so hysterical? I said that Wendy Williams should be on the Freak Network with Rupaul. this was in response to all of us on the thread that concluded that Wendy looked like a drag queen. I don't know about any Logo until Roberta jumps up in the thread and start accusing me of calling it a Freak Network. NOW I understand that it is a network for gay programming, but I was not referring to that because I have never heard of it.

Then why did you continue to call it a "Freak" Network after I explained your comment was homophobic and bigoted and informed you the name of the Network is Logo and it's a Gay Network, although I believe you knew already knew that.

You have a history of posting anti Gay rhetoric and homophobic slurs on youtube and yahoo. Man up, admit you were wrong and stop trying to weasel out by lying and distorting the facts, Nobody is buying your doe-eyed innocent act.

atcsm
02-24-2012, 10:14 PM
So it's perfectly acceptable in your mind to call drag queens "Freaks" Just trying to understand here.

atcsm
02-24-2012, 10:28 PM
AND to call Wendy Williams a gossiping asshole. wow.

Jerry Oz
02-24-2012, 10:30 PM
This is unreal. It's a message board. State your opinions, discuss, and move on. It's clear that Roberta and Marv are on opposite ends of understanding but there's no reason to carry this out to this length. Neither will ever change the other's mind, so it's best to agree to disagree.

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
This is unreal. It's a message board. State your opinions, discuss, and move on. It's clear that Roberta and Marv are on opposite ends of understanding but there's no reason to carry this out to this length. Neither will ever change the other's mind, so it's best to agree to disagree.

If you reread the thread you'll see that I didn't start this today JerryOz. I posted something to Ralph and he sent me a satisfactory and respectful response. marv2 was the one that came in accusing me of sabotaging the thread last night which isn't true.

I have ignored marv2 for months until last night when he called the Logo Network the Freak Network. I was raised to believe that if you stay silent your are tolerating bigotry.

Best to you,

Roberta

soulster
02-24-2012, 10:40 PM

1-2...Ahhhh Freak Out!!!!!!! Le Freak, C'est Chic!...Have you heard about the new dance craze...oh wait...wrong thread!

Carry on! :)

BTW, who's Wendy Williams? I don't feel like Googling it up. They have a gay network?

Roberta75
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM
1-2...Ahhhh Freak Out!!!!!!!

LOL Soulster. I may have to give my Chic CD a play.

Fondly,

Roberta

Jerry Oz
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM
If you reread the thread you'll see that I didn't start this today JerryOz. I posted something to Ralph and he sent me a satisfactory and respectful response. marv2 was the one that came in accusing me of sabotaging the thread last night which isn't true.

I have ignored marv2 for months until last night when he called the Logo Network the Freak Network. I was raised to believe that if you stay silent your are tolerating bigotry.

Best to you,

Roberta

Roberta, I understand your point. I'm simply stating nothing that you post on this subject will change someone else's world view. Neither this debate, nor the emotions invested in waging it, will matter to anyone once we log off tonight. Calling someone out for language used here is not the same as stopping someone from having his/her head bashed in for being different.

ralpht
02-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Jerry Oz,
You are a true voice of reason. Thank you.

Jerry Oz
02-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Jerry Oz,
You are a true voice of reason. Thank you.

You're welcome. Don't read any of my other posts from last night, though. Please.