PDA

View Full Version : rare video of foxy singing gett off

test

the_classic_master
09-04-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX_FuChIY_M

marxthespot
09-04-2010, 11:50 PM
It's funny - they are lipsyncing....There were girls in the studio version but they are not part of the group so the guys have to "sing" the girls' parts!!

the_classic_master
09-05-2010, 01:08 AM
i always thought this was a black group!

chidrummer
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
This song was the jam my freshman year in college. I'm surprised by how many people didn't know the group was Latino. I'm pretty sure that's Tito Puente's oldest son, Richie playing the guitar left-handed [[instead of percussion). Ish states in one of the comments that their record company wouldn't pay for the girls [[Wildflower) to make the trip to NY for the show [[Typical:rolleyes:). That's why they're not there.

Ish also says he wrote the song just to piss off a club owner who hated the "oowah, oowah" thing that was happening in the clubs at that time. He said the first time they even tried to play the song the club owner's bouncers through the whole band out of the club; instruments and all. That's when they got the idea to record the song. About two months after being tossed out of the club, Foxy had a #1 R&B hit on its hands. Ish also said it only cost about $700 to record, Get Off. Now that's what I call a return on your investment!

marv2
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
That was one of my favorite party records in the summer of '78 and mannnn, did we party hard that summer!

arrr&bee
09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Booo what a bummer i thought that[foxxy]would be some fine black chick in a mini skirt not four nerds...booooooo!!!