PDA

View Full Version : Ivy jo hunter

test

MIKEW-UK
02-20-2012, 05:20 PM
I continue to hope that ACE will release Ivy Jo Hunter's album.....

Looking at the single" I Can Feel The Pain," I see it was co produced by Lawrence Payton. Did Lawrence produce any other records? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yvjqyUJJs

theboyfromxtown
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Have Ace announced that they might release Ivy Jo Hunter?

Lawrence Payton produced more than what he was credited for. I can hear his distinctive input on "It's The Same Old Song" which suggests he did a bit more than do just vocals. I think Lawrence gets a credit on "On Broadway" but it's a drop in the ocean to what he ought to have been credited with. Remember that in those days, Motown did not give out details of the back office staff and that would include producers, engineers, backing vocalists as well as the musicians.

MIKEW-UK
02-20-2012, 10:15 PM
No ACE have not made any such announcement. However given their professionalism and track record on Motown, they are my biggest hope for an Ivy release. We have already been disappointed that another source coulbdn't bring it to market

MotownSteve
02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
But Reel Music did: http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?686-Ivy-jo-Hunter-new-Reel-Music-release!!!

Several months ago I was on their website and sent an email asking about the CD but I don't recall getting a response.

copley
02-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Reel Music has folded, there will be no BLINKY, IVY JO HUNTER or THELMA HOUSTON coming any time soon! I can only hope & pray that some other company will pick up on these but I'm 99% certain that it won't be Ace :[[

lakedistrictlad1
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Such a shame Reel music has gone. I thought the Jimmy Ruffin and Chris Clark cd's were excellent. And superb sound quality too. I was looking forward to further titles. I looked for the website yesterday but it seems to have gone. I'm sure the artists Copley mentions will still get their moment in the sun though.