PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston-Accolades Only Thread: Queen of the Night and Step by Step

test

franjoy56
02-19-2012, 02:44 AM
After sitting at different times today to grace the funeral, with tears flowing I have come to realize how much she was loved by all those in that newark church and that Whitney HOuston was a huge artist who brought joy to many music lovers all over the world. She will be remembered for her fabulous voice hitting the pop charts out of the box. For those who don't know and many of us should she had 11 # 1 record singles one of them at the top for 14 [[and 7 of them at # 1 consecutively no other female artist can ever match at this time The supremes & mariah at 5 in a row) I am going to list her 11 #1 singles:

Saving all my love for you
How will i know

Greatest Love of all

I wanna Dance with somebody
Didn't we almost have it all
So Emotional

Where do broken hearts go

I'm you baby tonite
All the man that I need

I will always love you 14 wks at #1

Shoop Shoop [[Exhale)

In addition 7 studio albums all of them hitting the
Billboard Album Charts with Whitney and I Look to you debutting at #1.

5 Movies including the August release "Sparkle" with the "Bodyguard" being one of the biggest soundtrack album of all time.

and endless awards including record grammys and emmy awards.

So it seems all of her accomplishments outweight the negativity that transpired in her life, and beleive me we all have skeletons, but Whitney will always be remembered for the love she had for people, and the good she bought to us in her sparkling body of music. The negative issues she experienced will never outweigh all the good she achieved.

God has called another angel and ended her pain.

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Whitney had the longest running Number 1 smash hit of all time with "I Will Always Love You" it was announced today.

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Here's a great one that she won an American Music Award for: "All At Once"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Y5Ln9PzVw

franjoy56
02-19-2012, 03:49 AM
marv. you always seem to amaze us with your videos keep em coming.

jillfoster
02-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I always loved "All At Once", is that another one of Michael Masser's tunes?

marv2
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
marv. you always seem to amaze us with your videos keep em coming.

You are most welcome Fran and I shall!

marv2
02-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I always loved "All At Once", is that another one of Michael Masser's tunes?

Jill, yes. It was written by Michael Masser and Jeffrey Osborne.

marv2
02-19-2012, 12:38 PM
It has been reported this week that Whitney Houston has won more awards than any other female artist in history! I did not know that. I knew she won 6 Grammys. I am going to look for more information on Whitney's accomplishments.

abfan
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I clearly think she's top 3 voices of all time.She was the total package

marv2
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I clearly think she's top 3 voices of all time.She was the total package

Whitney pretty much shut it down when she came on the scene! People began to hold her up as "the Gold Standard" and if a singer was going to be considered good, they would have to measure up in some way to Whitney Houston. She was beyond being a mere diva.

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Here's one that's has much better audio & video quality.

What I love about this clip is that aside from the fact that it is my all time favorite Whitney Houston recording is that she is totally singing it live over the pre-recorded backing tracks that were used on the album and she effortlessly adds some very interesting embellishments [[phrasing, vocal runs) not evident in the original recording. TOTAL LOVE FOR HER. SHE WAS ONE OF A KIND. PEERLESS. UNTOUCHABLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqVWm2XTjY

franjoy56
02-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Essence magazine will do a feature on Whitney in the March issue,the feature was done prior to her death. They want to make sure her image is not tainted by dirt and that her lasting legacy will shine beyond all that trashy media.

This morning Valerie Simpson extrodonaire songwriter and singer weighed in on
Whitney with nothing but positve accolades.

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Essence magazine will do a feature on Whitney in the March issue,the feature was done prior to her death. They want to make sure her image is not tainted by dirt and that her lasting legacy will shine beyond all that trashy media.

This morning Valerie Simpson extrodonaire songwriter and singer weighed in on
Whitney with nothing but positve accolades.

Her legacy is going to blind some people! Everytime they hear one of Whitney's classic recordings, they are going to remember and have to admit to themselves that she was the greatest and a true gift from God.

arrr&bee
02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
If i may,here is how i rate whitney as a singer...mahalia jackson...ella fitzgerald...dinah washington...aretha...patti labelle...whitney houston[this is just my opinion but you see that whitney is on a short list of the greatest of all time,again just my opinion].