PDA

View Full Version : Now Here Is One Classy Lady - Mary Wilson

test

jobeterob
02-19-2012, 12:07 AM
From Miss Wilson's Website & Blog:

Congratulations Diana Ross

Congratulations to my sister in song, Diana Ross, on receiving a well deserved ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award. I am so very proud of Diane, I know this meant an awful lot to her. My heart is full of love for her. At this stage in one’s life, you can accept your achievements with grace and understanding that helps you to continue to grow and let go of old fears. As a mom and grandmom, I also understand that feeling of love in having a wonderful family.

Touch,

Mary Wilson

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 18th, 2012 at 9:08 PM and is filed under Mary's Journal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Jimi LaLumia
02-19-2012, 12:43 AM
lovely...brava..

atcsm
02-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks Rob - that's great to read. Agreed Jim - brava LaWilson - one grandmother speaking to another. Love it.

franjoy56
02-19-2012, 03:18 AM
Its nice to know that Mary has and always appreciated Diana's efforts as star in her own right, and i am sure in her heart she was equally proud at what Diana has done for the Supremes as a lead singer and her sense to glamorize the Supremes with her sense of fashion and glitz and later with her own solo career.

jobeterob
02-19-2012, 04:34 AM
And again, we need to remember Mary's words to Marv and everyone like him: "leave Diane and I out of it".

Roberta75
02-19-2012, 09:21 AM
From Miss Wilson's Website & Blog:

Congratulations Diana Ross

Congratulations to my sister in song, Diana Ross, on receiving a well deserved ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award. I am so very proud of Diane, I know this meant an awful lot to her. My heart is full of love for her. At this stage in one’s life, you can accept your achievements with grace and understanding that helps you to continue to grow and let go of old fears. As a mom and grandmom, I also understand that feeling of love in having a wonderful family.

Touch,

Mary Wilson

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 18th, 2012 at 9:08 PM and is filed under Mary's Journal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

A lovely statement from a lovely lady.

Roberta

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
And again, we need to remember Mary's words to Marv and everyone like him: "leave Diane and I out of it".

Did Mary Wilson actually have words with Marv on this board?

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Did Mary Wilson actually have words with Marv on this board?

He is lying. You can believe it if you want to.

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 03:07 PM
He is lying. You can believe it if you want to.

I was just asking. It's all good.

jobeterob
02-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Here's Mary's words from her website, posted to all her fans:

05-26-2011, 05:54 PM #1 Roberta75
View Profile
View Forum Posts
Private Message
View Articles
Add as Contact
Senior Member Join Date Feb 2011
Posts 955 A message from Mary Wilson to all her fans
A message to all fans
Posted in Mary's Journal on May 26th, 2011 by MaryWilson

God does not like ugly and neither do I. Please leave Diane and I out of any petty talk.

- Mary Wilson

http://marywilson.com/

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 03:11 PM
In all fairness it seems she was speaking to anyone posting anything negative regarding her, Diana Ross and the Supremes.

jobeterob
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Yes, she absolutely was just doing what you say.........it was a blanket request.

As Marv and many of us here know, he fits the bill.

But no, they don't talk directly nor has she been on SD. She might lurk though! Which is another reason most of will not be rude to her ~ that and plain common decency and respect.

marv2
02-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Yes, she absolutely was just doing what you say.........it was a blanket request.

As Marv and many of us here know, he fits the bill.

But no, they don't talk directly nor has she been on SD. She might lurk though! Which is another reason most of will not be rude to her ~ that and plain common decency and respect.

I find it mighty strange that you can sit on your butt up there and over there in Vancouver, BC Canada and tell me who I talk to directly down here on Long Island, NY. That is a neat trick as they say. Just leave me AND Mary out of your petty talk..........

arrr&bee
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i'm gonna need two shots for this one...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa!!!

marv2
02-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i'm gonna need two shots for this one...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa!!!

I know JAI, but he is tripping! He doesn't even know me.......hehehehehehe!

detmotownguy
02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I messed up the post, so please ignore. For the record I do like what Mary posted, but forgot to past the quote that I thought had no reason to be posted on this thread.

Sorry for the confusion....

There was no reason to post Mary's commet on this thread; just an attempt to ruin an otherwise nice thread.

milven
02-20-2012, 11:46 AM
There was no reason to post Mary's comment on this thread; just an attempt to ruin an otherwise nice thread.

I disagree. Posting it here reinforces the title of the thread that she is a classy lady. She was classy to congratulate Diana on her site, and she was classy to tell her Mary fanatics to leave Diana and her out of any
petty talk. Of course there are some fans that will turn any topic into hate Diana. And even predict her early death. But remember it is the fanatics that hate Diana or Mary. Not the fans. Let's not put the blame on Diana or Mary for what the fanatics say and do.

robbert
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Jobeterob started this thread. I cheer him for doing so.
Marv called Jobeterob a lyer.
Jobeterob put the facts straight.
I love facts.
Period.

marv2
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I disagree. Posting it here reinforces the title of the thread that she is a classy lady. She was classy to congratulate Diana on her site, and she was classy to tell her Mary fanatics to leave Diana and her out of any
petty talk. Of course there are some fans that will turn any topic into hate Diana. And even predict her early death. But remember it is the fanatics that hate Diana or Mary. Not the fans. Let's not put the blame on Diana or Mary for what the fanatics say and do.

You are clearly trying to pick a fight. I hope that is not the case, I really do.......

LadySingsBlues
02-20-2012, 01:26 PM
So wonderful & classy.

milven
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
You are clearly trying to pick a fight. I hope that is not the case, I really do.......

Not trying to pick a fight , just clarifying that Mary and Diana get blamed for what we, the fans, say and do. I thought that Jobeterob was right to post Mary's comment here and disagreed with Demotownguy. It shows that Mary is a classy lady. As for picking a figiht with you, there are enough people here doing that. All I ask of you is to clarify something when you post it. But then you ignore my questions. [[ex: What is Kaaaren's connection to Diana? I really did not know there was one.

marv2
02-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Not trying to pick a fight , just clarifying that Mary and Diana get blamed for what we, the fans, say and do. I thought that Jobeterob was right to post Mary's comment here and disagreed with Demotownguy. It shows that Mary is a classy lady. As for picking a figiht with you, there are enough people here doing that. All I ask of you is to clarify something when you post it. But then you ignore my questions. [[ex: What is Kaaaren's connection to Diana? I really did not know there was one.

Really that is none of your business. You don't need to know everything.

milven
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Karen knows Diana? Are you kidding? That's just another of her delusions.

No it isn't.........

What is Kaaaren's connection to Diana? I really did not know there was one.

Okay !! I guess you put me in my place. And now this uninformed , uneducated, gullible guy has learned how a message board works. For those of you who still don't get the gist of it, it goes like this: Someone puts up a statement, another asks for further info about that statement, and the originator of the statement replies with "None of your business!"

I Got it! Yes, I was ignorant on how a message board works , but I learn quickly.

jobeterob
02-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Milven, you are a voice of intelligent, rational reasoning. Your opinion is as important as mine, Marv's, Kaaren Raglands, Robberts etc. And you explain it.

What more can we ask of anyone.

Mary Wilson has my respect and that of many of us for her support.

BobC
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I agree. What's the problem? I thought it was a nice sentiment

144man
02-20-2012, 09:23 PM

??????????

Roberta75
02-20-2012, 10:12 PM
??????????

It simply means he just pulled the "none of your business line out of his you know what as he hasn't had time to make up a "tall tale" about how Diana and Kaaren are connected. Which of course, we all know there is no connection.

Roberta

Roberta75
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Okay !! I guess you put me in my place. And now this uninformed , uneducated, gullible guy has learned how a message board works. For those of you who still don't get the gist of it, it goes like this: Someone puts up a statement, another asks for further info about that statement, and the originator of the statement replies with "None of your business!"

I Got it! Yes, I was ignorant on how a message board works , but I learn quickly.

LOL Milven. You certainly got it.

Best to you,

Roberta

atcsm
02-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Classic Marv2 - stir the pot & then run with his tail between his legs knowing he has immunity.

LOL Milven. You certainly got it.

Best to you,

Roberta

jobeterob
02-21-2012, 12:12 AM
What is even better here is Mary gives her two DianA's before returning to the young friend name she was known by.

All class & respect...............a lesson.

marv2
02-21-2012, 12:56 AM
It simply means he just pulled the "none of your business line out of his you know what as he hasn't had time to make up a "tall tale" about how Diana and Kaaren are connected. Which of course, we all know there is no connection.

Roberta

You know nothing. You are just ridiculous.

marv2
02-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Classic Marv2 - stir the pot & then run with his tail between his legs knowing he has immunity.

I am a man, I don't run. This is ridiculous. Leave these women alone sometime. Give it a rest. Go get a date or something.

marv2
02-21-2012, 12:59 AM
What is even better here is Mary gives her two DianA's before returning to the young friend name she was known by.

All class & respect...............a lesson.

I only know Mary to call her what we all called her.....Diane! What is your problem? Have you even met Diane?

atcsm
02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
It's none of your business.

ejluther
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Got it! Yes, I was ignorant on how a message board works , but I learn quickly.
For what it's worth, Milven, I had a similar experience; I came here, asked a question about The Supremes and got blindsided by nasty responses from one specific person. Luckily, other posters came forward and encouraged me to just ignore it and stick around for the good stuff. So, as difficult as it can be at times, just don't feed the trolls...

detmotownguy
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I messed up the post, so please ignore. For the record I do like what Mary posted, but forgot to past the quote that I thought had no reason to be posted on this thread.

Sorry for the confusion....

marv2
02-21-2012, 08:59 PM

Look, if all it takes is for Mary to say something nice about Diane before you recognize that she is a classy lady and has been since step foot out of Northeastern High School in Detroit, then you have a deep problem. If she said something not so nice, you'd be calling her foul names.

Constantin
02-22-2012, 04:09 AM
I only know Mary to call her what we all called her.....Diane! What is your problem? Have you even met Diane?

People who call Ross "Diane" [[outside of the Motown acts of the early 60's) do always that with a mean intention. Especially in 2012: few people who have called her "Diane" 50 years ago are still among us.

jobeterob
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
As Andy has said..........To Berry, Smokey, her Motown friends, Mary etc..........it's Diane. And even they use Diana professionally. To everyone else, it's Diana Ross.

To out of control Supreme fanatics, it elevates their day to use Diane.

It's nothing; it's so clear to everyone who those few are. They are irrelevant.