PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey's governor.....

test

marybrewster
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM
.....has ordered all flags in the state be lowered to half-staff in honor of Whitney Houston.

marv2
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah that has been on the news all day here in New York. But you know what Mary? No offense but this thread is in the wrong spot.

soulster
02-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I think it's wrong. Lowering the flag should be reserved for those who served the country in some way, not singers. If it has been done for any other entertainer, it was wrong too.

Kamasu_Jr
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Wrong spot for this thread.

marybrewster
02-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. Oops. I just figured since Martha Reeves knew so much about Whitney, that that was the Motown connection. Just kidding. Actually, because there's another Whitney thread here with over 1500 views, and over 100 replies, I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. But whatever. It's not like everything in the Motown thread is Motown related anyway. But if I offended anyone by posting this here, I certainly apologize.

Now excuse me, I have to go lower my flag.

jobeterob
02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Mary is long forgived and excused; we all do it.

It's a nice gesture for a home town girl............ but it smacks a bit of renaming Cape Canaveral after the assassination.

Is this Governor in a tight race coming up shortly or no?

MotownSteve
02-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Christy is not in any race. While he did the same thing for Clarence Clemmons I feel I have to agree with Soulster. I'd add that in my opinion he is cheapening the honor.

soulster
02-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Christy is not in any race. While he did the same thing for Clarence Clemmons I feel I have to agree with Soulster. I'd add that in my opinion he is cheapening the honor.

I didn't say all that! I don't think the flag should be held at half-mast for anyone but those who served our country. He was wrong to do it for Clarence Clemons, too.

MotownSteve
02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I didn't say all that! I don't think the flag should be held at half-mast for anyone but those who served our country. He was wrong to do it for Clarence Clemons, too.

I agree. I'm not sure why he did it and is doing it again.

marv2
02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
They did it for Frank Sinatra too.

arrr&bee
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
they did it for frank sinatra too.yep,but frank threatened to come back and beat him up if he didn't!!