PDA

View Full Version : Marvin and his girls solo versions

test

honest man
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Hello gang especially Harry and colleagues [take note] been playing Marvin and Tammi complete duets also Tammi anthology brilliant cds but as much as i love TT solos of the songs, Marvin added vocals to the songs complete them,i know Marvin's output of vaulted material is almost completed .i would love to hear his solo versions of his songs before Tammi's vocals were added,also his solo versions of songs he added to Diana Ross sessions,what a fantastic project this would be,please......................and thank you ,hope you can make possible someday soon, cheers.

theboyfromxtown
02-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Am I understanding this correctly. Are you wanting to hear just Marvin's vocal only which would potentially include unsung verses. Or are you assuming that Marvin recorded the entire song?

honest man
02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello John HAPPY NEW YEAR,Glad you ok i have tried contact but i know you are busy lately,yes mate i thought Marvin recorded solo versions of whole song and mixed in with Tammi, Diana would that be correct assumption, good to hear from you fella,cheers.

theboyfromxtown
02-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Andy.

Thank you for your kind words.

It might be possible but only if it was selective because Marvin didn't record the whole song in every case. In many cases, Marvin was dubbed onto an unsung verse. We all know that happens.

Years ago, Kim Weston told me of her sadness that she was unable to prove that she and Marvin recorded together in the studio. The fans were insisting that Kim dubbed her parts on at a separate session to Marvin and there was doubt over whether Kim and Marvin EVER recorded together. However, that famous picture of her with Marvin and The Andantes was found and Kim was highly delighted. However, she freely admits that there were times when they recorded their "parts" [[and not the whole song) separately.

honest man
02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
oh what a shame, if only ,would love his version of memory chest ,two can have a party etc with Tammi,pledging my love ,don;t knock my love etc with Diana his vocals are knockout ,love him and his girls,, off to bed ,goodnight John,cheers.