PDA

View Full Version : They Banned The Public, Now Bobby Brown cant Attend

test

abfan
02-15-2012, 10:36 AM

I'm from Newark and was looking forward to the Public Viewing,Even though I understand why they made it private.But Now there is word they banned Bobby Brown from Attending..

soulster
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Again, it's that religious crap, and the denial that Whitney played any part in her own demise.

texassoul
02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
"Religious Crap"? That's uncalled for and disrespectful.

Cincinnati_Kid
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM

I'm from Newark and was looking forward to the Public Viewing,Even though I understand why they made it private.But Now there is word they banned Bobby Brown from Attending..

Are you sure this is absolutely true? That doesn't make sense, being he's her ex and they have a daughter.

texassoul
02-15-2012, 11:24 AM
I heard that he wasn't going to be allowed to attend. That came from 2 TV sources, but who knows what is true until the family issues a statement.

ms_m
02-15-2012, 11:42 AM
texassoul, I'll have to look for the article but the family put out a statement. They Thanked all the fans and friends for their love and support but asked for a time of privacy. They said they had shared her with the world for years and now they would like to have time alone with her now. [[I'm paraphrasing) The funeral is by invitation only.

texassoul
02-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Thank you ms_m! That is certainly the family's perogative.

abfan
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
But isn't Bobby Part of the family.I did'nt hear of any problems w him and Whitney in these last few yrs

jobeterob
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM
The Houston family did not ban the public; all they have done is say they are having a private family funeral, like most families would want.

If you look back at the Jackson spectacle, the people that really cared about Michael Jackson did not participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli. The Jacksons used that spectacle to try and nudge their skinny careers and you can bet they pushed Mrs. Jackson into that silliness.

The Houstons, Cissy especially, are to be respected and congratulated for their intelligent stand.

Jennifer Holiday was on CNN with Piers Morgan the other night saying Whitney's drug use pre-dates Bobby Brown. The guy may be a prize loser but he is the father of Whitney's only child and he and Whitney were together for years. She did say he never hit her but she hit him.

abfan
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Bobby Brown Not Shut Out of Funeral, but He’s Not Wanted there

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/02/bobby-brown-not-shut-out-of-funeral-but-hes-not-wanted-there/

marv2
02-15-2012, 12:46 PM
The Houston family did not ban the public; all they have done is say they are having a private family funeral, like most families would want.

If you look back at the Jackson spectacle, the people that really cared about Michael Jackson did not participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli. The Jacksons used that spectacle to try and nudge their skinny careers and you can bet they pushed Mrs. Jackson into that silliness.

The Houstons, Cissy especially, are to be respected and congratulated for their intelligent stand.

Jennifer Holiday was on CNN with Piers Morgan the other night saying Whitney's drug use pre-dates Bobby Brown. The guy may be a prize loser but he is the father of Whitney's only child and he and Whitney were together for years. She did say he never hit her but she hit him.

I disagree with your remarks about Michael Jackson's televised memorial. It was very well done and quite appropriate. Those that were there and those that participated REALLY knew and REALLY loved him. His mother, his father, his children and all of his siblings were there. Those other people, those old celebrities that you cited are suspect in my opinion.

No one suffered more or felt the impact of his death more than his family!

Next I highly doubt that the Houston Family released any type of statement declaring the funeral off limits to Bobby Brown. I would more readily believe that to be just one of thousands of internet rumors started by "fans". He is the father of Whitney's daughter and if she is going to be in attendance, he will be with her.

That was not Jennifer Holiday with Clive Davis on the Piers Morgan Show. That was Jennifer Hudson. Jennifer Holiday appeared alone on a seperate segment on a different day. The funeral will be public to some extent as it has been announced that the services will be shown on Jumbotron screens so that the fans and public may watch!

Roberta75
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Bobbi Kristina is 18 years old. Don't you think if she wants and insists that her father be at her mom's funeral he'll be there?

arrr&bee
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh boy,i hope this post doesn't turn into one of those[supremes type]mudslinging things...let whitney's family say goodbye however they choose.

Roberta75
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh boy,i hope this post doesn't turn into one of those[supremes type]mudslinging things...let whitney's family say goodbye however they choose.

Exactly arrr&bee. It's a private family matter.

P-Shark: The Revenge
02-15-2012, 02:52 PM
I personally think that Bobby Brown should be able to attend.
As for the the public goes I can see why. Just to many celebrity
stalkers who really aren't there to pay tribute to the deceased.
People who just want to meet/get autographs/have pictures taken with
the celebrities in attendance. And then there's the vultures who's there
picking away at the memorial programs and selling them on ebay. They were
selling Michael Jackson's programs for thousands of dollars!
And speaking of vultures:

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Whitney Houston: The Vultures Are Out, And Demanding Their Money

Whitney Houston: The Vultures Are Out, And Demanding Their Moneyhttp://www.showbiz411.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/whitney-houston1.jpg02/14/12 11:24pmRoger Friedman [[http://www.showbiz411.com/author/roger)0 [[http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/02/14/whitney-houston-the-vultures-are-out-and-demanding-their-money#comments)

Whitney Houston is dead and the money making has begun. The people close to her–just like those “close” to Michael Jackson– are selling their wares to the highest bidders. This accounts for the constant and incorrect stories appearing on TMZ, Radar Online, The National Enquirer, and the syndicated “entertainment” shows. And let’s not forget the networks, which “license” footage–another way of saying “paying for an interview.”
Anyone who knew Whitney or was related to her will try now to make some quick cash and become an “expert” on her leading up to her funeral. Kudos to Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick for smartly putting the funeral in a small church, with no big public fiesta. The Jacksons, lest we forget, staged a memorial at the Staples Center, then held a big reception. It took them six more weeks to have an actual “funeral” that was televised.
But that doesn’t mean that Whitney doesn’t have her vultures. She supported a lot of people for a long time financially. Now they will panic. The gravy train has come to its last stop. Since Saturday, the tabloid websites have run conflicting stories, claiming one thing, then claiming the opposite. My favorite lately is TMZ’s assertion that the suite where Whitney died was already being rented out at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. They also claimed to have a picture of the bathtub “minutes” after Whitney died in it. Believe not a word on these websites. All the info is coming from “insiders” for cash.
One insider told me tonight he had 248 messages from media outlets. Another is being stalked by paparazzi. I feel terrible for the people at that New Hope Baptist Church. They’re going to have a lot of trouble on their hands the day of that funeral. After all, “ET”–the grossest of all the TV shows–has already run a picture of “Whitney’s body bag.” You can only imagine what’s next on their agenda.

Categories: Celebrity [[http://www.showbiz411.com/category/celebrity)

1382hitsville
02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Roberta,

I agree. Funerals are a private matter and who are we to judge what the family decides how to say farewell to their loved ones. And who are we to pass judgement on those who choose to attend or those that are grieving in their own way.

Whitney gave us beautiful music and I'm thankful for that.

As someone else stated: I hope to believe she is in a better place now.

P-Shark: The Revenge
02-15-2012, 03:09 PM
According to this, he's not banned from attending
YVONNE DANIELShttp://www.kisswtlz.com/onair/yvonne_daniels.php
http://www.kisswtlz.com/includes/news_items/26/362/yvonnedaniels.jpg
Yvonne Daniels
Email Yvonne at: yvonne@kisswtlz.com

http://www.kisswtlz.com/includes/news_items/26/2411/whitney_houstonbobby_brown2012wide.jpg
Bobby Brown Not Shut Out of Funeral, but He’s Not Wanted there
ABC News/Good Morning America is reporting that Brown is denying claims that he was getting the cold shoulder from Houston’s family as he tried to stand by his daughter’s side.
But on the other hand, it looks to just that because one of Houston’s family members confirmed to ABC News [[http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/whitney-houstons-funeral-family-bobby-brown/story?id=15625226) Tuesday night that while many people in the family don’t want Brown to attend the funeral, they can’t stop him because of his daughter with Houston, Bobbi Kristina.
Bobbi Kristina, Brown and Houston’s only child together, was twice hospitalized for stress and anxiety after her mother was found dead in a bathtub Saturday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. Bobbi Kristina had been in L.A. with her mother to attend pre-Grammy festivities. Her father flew to California to be with his daughter Sunday.
The 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina was believed to be in New Jersey with her mother’s family, but Bobby Brown’s camp said she was still in California with her father and other siblings.
“My daughter Bobbi Kristina is doing much better,” her father said Tuesday evening in a written statement. “We continue to provide love and support to Bobbi Kristina. She is dealing with the tragedy of her mother’s death and would prefer to do it outside of the public eye. I ask again that our privacy be respected.”
Bobby Brown, who canceled his reunion tour with his group New Edition to be with Bobbi Kristina, has five other children from other relationships.
Reports of tension between Bobby Brown and his ex-wife’s family about attending Houston’s funeral, scheduled for Saturday, were inaccurate, a source close to Bobby Brown told ABC News. TMZ reported Tuesday evening that Brown was being frozen out of attending the service by some of Whitney Houston’s family members, but the source told ABC News that Brown had been contacted about going.
Calls made by ABC News to Houston’s family were not immediately returned

http://www.kisswtlz.com/includes/news_items/26/2351/viktoria_chapmandon_cornelius22012wide.jpg
Dr. Boyce: Five [[Uncomfortable) Questions People Are Asking about the Death of Don Cornelius
Most of us remember doing Soul Train lines at parties, and recall our first booty-shaking exercise, which likely took place with Don’s television show playing in the background. As the shock from brother Don’s untimely death starts to wear off, there are some questions that people are asking about how he died. Some of the questions are not necessarily politically correct, but since when did that stop anyone from speaking their minds?
Here are some things that most of us are thinking, but some are afraid to ask out loud:
1) Who is that woman anyway? Shortly after Don Cornelius’ death, pictures began to emerge of his ex-wife [[Viktoria Chapman Cornelius), who didn’t exactly look like your standard Soul Train dancer. She also looks like she was a baby when Soul Train was in its prime. There were also reports that his wife, who Cornelius allegedly despised, is going to get a monster payday from his life insurance policy. While most of us thought that policies don’t pay out in the event of suicide, this is apparently not the case in California when your policy is at least two years old.
2) How was his health? Don Cornelius was in poor health at the time he died. The pain was reportedly unbearable, and he likely felt that it was time to ride the Soul Train to heaven on his own terms. Can we really blame him for his decision? Don lived a long and fruitful life, achieved many of his goals, and impacted the world. Why not go out in his own way?
3) What in the world would make him shoot himself in the head? There are quite a few ways to kill yourself without forcing your relatives to have to clean your insides off the floor. Some folks are wondering why Don chose to use a gun to kill himself rather than something less gruesome. Also, God forbid he’d survived the incident, for this would have obviously made his pain much worse.
4) How did he do it?….Soul Train I mean: We will always marvel at how Don Cornelius almost single-handedly built an entertainment powerhouse. He had a vision and he saw it through. Every black entrepreneur in America should read about the life of Don Cornelius in order to learn how to rise to the top while strengthening your soul instead of selling it. In many ways, Don Cornelius was the anti-Bob Johnson of his generation.
5) What are we going to do now? There is never going to be another Soul Train, we can accept that. But when I watch shows like BET’s 106& Park, which has become a how-to session for uneducated thugs, I wonder why we still don’t believe that we can be wealthy, conscientious and intelligent, all at the same time. Black entertainment must be redefined, and it’s going to take a Don Cornelius- like effort in order to get there.
Don Cornelius and Soul Train are like sturdy stone structures built 500 years ago, they will last forever. He elevated us, edu-tained us, and gave us something to look forward to after being bored to tears by shows like American Bandstand. But Don Cornelius was also human, and in spite of the immortality of his legacy, his body and mind were not meant to last forever. May Don rest in peace and may we carry a piece of him with us for all eternity.

soulster
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
This also shows how petty and vindictive the family is. I guess if I came from that kind of family i'd be a drug addict, too. seriously. It has been shown time and time again that many children of highly religious homes come out bad.

soulster
02-15-2012, 03:37 PM

No, it's not, not when you consider that some religious people are highly intolerant, overbearing, and almost militaristic in their homes.

soulster
02-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Thank you! And, he;s not a loser if he had a successful career and had a child. Was Whitney a loser?

candykamaine
02-15-2012, 03:41 PM
texassoul, I'll have to look for the article but the family put out a statement. They Thanked all the fans and friends for their love and support but asked for a time of privacy. They said they had shared her with the world for years and now they would like to have time alone with her now. [[I'm paraphrasing) The funeral is by invitation only.

i agree with this very much and understand it. when it comes to things like this I can understand a celeb fam wanting to say goodbye just for family only.

marv2
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Whitney sang at Bobby's mom's funeral in Boston just last year by the way.

1382hitsville
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Marv, thanks for pointing this out. It was a very emotional gospel. As we all know her voice changed but this song [[it's on youtube, filmed with a phone and actually I feel uncomfertable watching it....as it's not an official film and is obviously filmed without permission) touched my heart.

marv2
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Marv, thanks for pointing this out. It was a very emotional gospel. As we all know her voice changed but this song [[it's on youtube, filmed with a phone and actually I feel uncomfertable watching it....as it's not an official film and is obviously filmed without permission) touched my heart.

You are welcome. I just wanted to point out that these people did not hate one another. Which why I offer my condolences to Bobby Brown and his family as well. Bobby LOVED that woman!

Kamasu_Jr
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
i agree with this very much and understand it. when it comes to things like this I can understand a celeb fam wanting to say goodbye just for family only.I agree with it too. Why are some fans upset when most of them couldn't attend the funeral anyway? They don't live in Newark didn't know the Houston family etc. Funerals are private. If fans want to show support or love... the family has requested they make donations to the school in New Jersey that bears Whitney Houston's name. And the latest reports say Whitney was not found completely in the tub. Reportedly she might not have been in the bathtub and fell in halfway which might be an indication that she might have suffered a sudden stroke or a heart attack.

stephanie
02-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree with Marv! I thought the Michael Jackson funeral was done in good taste and it didnt look like an attention grabbing event to me. Knowing MJ he would have wanted it this way!

[[If you look back at the Jackson spectacle, the people that really cared about Michael Jackson did not participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli. The Jacksons used that spectacle to try and nudge their skinny careers and you can bet they pushed Mrs. Jackson into that silliness)....Jobeterob quote.

Jobeterob - I think that Liz Taylor was too sick and frail to be there, Quincy seemed upset during interviews about MJ for some reason [[look back at some things he said about him tampering with his face) I have never seen Q look that upset about MJ. I think Diana didnt want to look like she was trying to gain any attention and wanted to grieve in private. Now Liza Minnelli is another story unless she had a prior commitment I am shocked she wasnt there! Wasnt she there or not? I hate to say this but I think some people think it was cool to say they are friends with Michael Jackson although the above mentioned dont fall in that category as far as I know. Bobby Brown should be allowed to attend the funeral maybe he is not close to Whitneys family anymore but I am sure they will be civil towards each other considering the circumstances. You will see the true color of people when books and interviews come out and see who can talk about Whitney the most. On the upside most of the public knows about her troubles so there may not be such a demand about her in the form of the written word I could be wrong.

marv2
02-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Where is CeCe Winans? Anyone?

abfan
02-15-2012, 06:13 PM
It was mentioned Marvin Winans will be A speaker @ the service but your right where is CECE4403

abfan
02-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Bobbi Kristina Godmother CeCe Winans Hopes to Be "Very Involved" in Her Life, Says Source

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/bobbi_kristina_godmother_cece_winans/294571#ixzz1lJSKky2z

http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/bobbi_kristina_godmother_cece_winans/294571

jobeterob
02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Funerals should be a private time for families and should be a time of coming together. I hope Mrs. Houston lets Bobby be part of it.

Wow, though......he has 5 other kids? Vasectomy time for him.

Good posts P Shark. Not all these reports are reliable.

I do hope the Houstons don't have any Joe Jacksons and Jermaine Jacksons amongst them. Generally, those two were pegged for what they are - an outcast and a media hog. I bet you Jermaine was picking up money for all those chats.

timmyfunk
02-15-2012, 06:37 PM

Not necessarily. If they're banning him [[which they're not) on the basis of personal habits that Whitney herself engaged in, then it is religious crap.

marv2
02-15-2012, 07:02 PM
It was mentioned Marvin Winans will be A speaker @ the service but your right where is CECE4403

Cissy requested that he does the eulogy. This is going to be a tough moment for all of them. Aretha is scheduled to sing.

thaperson
02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Bobby should be there, point blank. He's the father of Whitney's only child, and good or bad, he played an important role in her life. If Cissy and the others don't like it, tough. They are in denial. Dionne, too. She wrote about Whitney's troubles in her autobiography, and it was nothing but "blame Bobby".

You can't blame him for her doing drugs. An addict can't control having the addiction, but they and only they can control how they deal with it. It's up to that person to truly maintain sobriety. It's a terrible thing that happened to Whitney, but Bobby was not the only enabler in her life.

By Whitney's own account, she was not a shrinking violet. She stated in that Sawyer interview that she could give as good as she got. I don't believe for a second that anyone could make her do anything that she really didn't want to do.

soulster
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Not necessarily. If they're banning him [[which they're not) on the basis of personal habits that Whitney herself engaged in, then it is religious crap.

Thank you! I explained what I meant in post #19, but if people still want to be outraged, I can't do anything about it.

smark21
02-15-2012, 09:37 PM
CNN has reported the funeral will be shown on jumbo screens outside the church and will be broadcast on TV.

BTW, the picture at the start of the thread is so kitschy.

soulster
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
BTW, the picture at the start of the thread is so kitschy.

But, it's was to show a lot of people think of her.

marv2
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Information about how they are planning the service is starting to come in and they are going to go deluxe! I mean they are going to go real deep! This funeral is going to be conducted in the "WAY", true to the African American tradition. Now I really understand why they wanted it private.

I was assuming they would go out of State and get someone like a Jesse Jackson to conduct the services [[Jesse is great, but is on the elderly side now) and they did! They got Rev. Marvin Winans of Detroit to officiate on Saturday. Anderson Cooper interviewed him tonight on his program. He questioned Rev. Winans on what was he going to say in his eulogy for Whitney Houston. He even asked Bro. Winans what has he written down so far for the eulogy which told me right then that Anderson didn't have a clue as to what is going to happen at that church on Saturday. LOL! Marvin Winans corrected him and explained to Anderson that he was not a "Eulogist", but a Homilist and that the spirit will be delivering the message through him. Oh this is going to be classic! I should have known with them giving Aretha all of these days to prepare.

Something like this couldn't be open to general admission as they are going to get sanctified and anyone not accustomed to this kind of service should not want to be anywhere near there come Saturday!

soulster
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Information about how they are planning the service is starting to come in and they are going to go deluxe! I mean they are going to go real deep! This funeral is going to be conducted in the "WAY", true to the African American tradition. Now I really understand why they wanted it private.

If you don't mind my asking, what is the "African-American" tradition?

He even asked Bro. Winans what has he written down so far for the eulogy which told me right then that Anderson didn't have a clue as to what is going to happen at that church on Saturday. LOL!

I have no idea...

Marvin Winans corrected him and explained to Anderson that he was not a "Eulogist", but a Homilist and that the spirit will be delivering the message through him. Oh this is going to be classic! I should have known with them giving Aretha all of these days to prepare.

OK, I had to look up the word "homilist". My sister hired one of those for my mother's funeral without knowing what she was getting. We were mighty angry when the woman turned my mother's funeral into a prosletysing event without even mentioning my mother.

Something like this couldn't be open to general admission as they are going to get sanctified and anyone not accustomed to this kind of service should not want to be anywhere near there come Saturday!

This just tells more of what kind of family life Whitney had.

marv2
02-15-2012, 11:44 PM
If you don't mind my asking, what is the "African-American" tradition?

I have no idea...

OK, I had to look up the word "homilist". My sister hired one of those for my mother's funeral without knowing what she was getting. We were mighty angry when the woman turned my mother's funeral into a prosletysing event without even mentioning my mother.

This just tells more of what kind of family life Whitney had.

Soulster, I now you are serious and seem to be sincerely curious about all of this, but is just too much for me to try to type and explain. To get a feel for what the African American tradition is or is like as it relates to spiritual matters , I don't know, maybe check the video clip of Aretha performing "Precious Memories" from the Diva's 2001 show on Youtube. It's not uncommon that you may not have any idea what it is like if you are from a different background, culture or even region of the country. There is someone here that knows what I am talking about. If I come across some other things that can help explain, I will share them with you.

Marv

soulster
02-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Soulster, I now you are serious and seem to be sincerely curious about all of this, but is just too much for me to try to type and explain. To get a feel for what the African American tradition is or is like as it relates to spiritual matters , I don't know, maybe check the video clip of Aretha performing "Precious Memories" from the Diva's 2001 show on Youtube. It's not uncommon that you may not have any idea what it is like if you are from a different background, culture or even region of the country. There is someone here that knows what I am talking about. If I come across some other things that can help explain, I will share them with you.

Marv

OK, I am a Black person and part American Indian and possibly Spanish roots, but the side of my family that I derived my culture from is solidly midwestern. My mother's family was Episcopalian. Neither side of my family is very religious, although my grandfather on my father's side of the family was from the deep south and was a preacher. I never knew him, as he died before I was born. So, when you say "African-American" tradition, that does not include me. I seriously have no idea what that means. I have only ever been to one predominately Black church only once in my life.

abfan
02-16-2012, 12:16 AM
soulster So your somewhat black..Only on certain threads..

abfan
02-16-2012, 12:19 AM
is this a better version smark21

marv2
02-16-2012, 01:03 AM
OK, I am a Black person and part American Indian and possibly Spanish roots, but the side of my family that I derived my culture from is solidly midwestern. My mother's family was Episcopalian. Neither side of my family is very religious, although my grandfather on my father's side of the family was from the deep south and was a preacher. I never knew him, as he died before I was born. So, when you say "African-American" tradition, that does not include me. I seriously have no idea what that means. I have only ever been to one predominately Black church only once in my life.

Do you travel? If you visit NYC sometime ,we'll take you to church and you can get a better idea of what I mean.

marv2
02-16-2012, 01:04 AM
I am hearing now that they may stream the service Worldwide over the internet!!!

jaybs
02-16-2012, 05:03 AM
I find it more sad the way people react! and far too many times before they have all the facts, find me one family that does not have so small problem, but it is up to Family how they cope with it and the same with how the first mourn the passing of someone dear and then celebrate their life. It is not up to anyone of us to Judge!

The funeral service is going to be on internet worldwide and that is a correct way of doing it allowing the whole Family who loved her to take part and share with the Close Family. May they All find Peace! at this sad time.

soulster
02-16-2012, 08:31 AM
soulster So your somewhat black..Only on certain threads..

No. I'm letting you know that Black people in this country are not culturally monolothic. We are as a diverse group as anyone. To say that something is an African-American tradition is not accurate. Either that, or i'm a true oreo. I've felt discrimination from my own people just as much as from anybody else.

BTW, you posted a much nicer pic.

glencro
02-16-2012, 09:05 AM
No. I'm letting you know that Black people in this country are not culturally monolothic. We are as a diverse group as anyone. To say that something is an African-American tradition is not accurate. Either that, or i'm a true oreo. I've felt discrimination from my own people just as much as from anybody else.

BTW, you posted a much nicer pic.

Soulster, I'm beginning to think that you just like to ask questions. Whitney grew up in the "black church" and whether you have been to one or not I'm sure than anyone [[including you) who has seen a movie with a black church scene would know what that experience is like. Not all , but usually in the Baptist and Pentecostal the services are more emotional, filled with good singing and it's nothing to see someone jump or shout. I'm sure I can ask any Caucasian to describe it and they could, so I'm not understanding why you are acting oblivious to it especially with a name like soulster. In my opinion, the black church is one of the most soulful experiences that one can have and the origin of where soul music was invented. Whether you partake in it or not it is considered an African American tradition.
Also, because someone is educated in their culture does not mean that is all that they know. I'm sure more than half the people on here has American Indian in their blood [[including me). I know my African American heritage but I can also hold a conversation with you on politics, the arts, culture, sports, world travel and life in general. By the way, I believe that monolithic was the word that you were trying to use.

soulster
02-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Soulster, I'm beginning to think that you just like to ask questions. Whitney grew up in the "black church" and whether you have been to one or not I'm sure than anyone [[including you) who has seen a movie with a black church scene would know what that experience is like. Not all , but usually in the Baptist and Pentecostal the services are more emotional, filled with good singing and it's nothing to see someone jump or shout. I'm sure I can ask any Caucasian to describe it and they could, so I'm not understanding why you are acting oblivious to it especially with a name like soulster. In my opinion, the black church is one of the most soulful experiences that one can have and the origin of where soul music was invented. Whether you partake in it or not it is considered an African American tradition.
Also, because someone is educated in their culture does not mean that is all that they know. I'm sure more than half the people on here has American Indian in their blood [[including me). I know my African American heritage but I can also hold a conversation with you on politics, the arts, culture, sports, world travel and life in general. By the way, I believe that monolithic was the word that you were trying to use.

I do like to ask questions because I like to learn things. Maybe you guys think i'm kidding, but i'm not. I really do not know about the "Black church". I've always heard about it, may have seen a bit of it on TV, but I live in a world where it does not really exist. Most of my experience with church is a Southern Baptist [[white), where you sing a couple of boring hymns to an organ and the pastor spends half the hour-long Sunday service rambling on about Brother Williams' weekend fishing trip. Open your bible to some obscure passages, sing another hymn, pray, and go home. My other experience was at Calvery was met with fundamentalism and a bit of racism. I went to one where my childhood friend was a pastor, but it wasn't for me.

I have never been to a church where anyone jumped out, in the aisle or shouted. If I see it on TV, I can only chalk it up to it being "Hollywood", having never experienced it.

You can think i'm pretending, but again, my main point is that the Black experience is not all the same. That is the one thing that annoys me about the people on this forum: they tend to assume that everyone thinks the same or has had the same experiences.

abfan
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Marvin Winans was The Pastor @ Her Wedding now he will be delivering her eulogy some 20 years later.. Earryyyyy

glencro
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I do like to ask questions because I like to learn things. Maybe you guys think i'm kidding, but i'm not. I really do not know about the "Black church". I've always heard about it, may have seen a bit of it on TV, but I live in a world where it does not really exist. Most of my experience with church is a Southern Baptist [[white), where you sing a couple of boring hymns to an organ and the pastor spends half the hour-long Sunday service rambling on about Brother Williams' weekend fishing trip. Open your bible to some obscure passages, sing another hymn, pray, and go home. My other experience was at Calvery was met with fundamentalism and a bit of racism. I went to one where my childhood friend was a pastor, but it wasn't for me.

I have never been to a church where anyone jumped out, in the aisle or shouted. If I see it on TV, I can only chalk it up to it being "Hollywood", having never experienced it.

You can think i'm pretending, but again, my main point is that the Black experience is not all the same. That is the one thing that annoys me about the people on this forum: they tend to assume that everyone thinks the same or has had the same experiences.

Ok soulster, I can respect that. If we don't ask we won't know. If someone was to tell me that she was going to have a Roman Catholic or funeral I would instantly know what that would consist of whether I experienced it or not. I'm not saying that every black person has had the same experience but I would hope that every black person[[or at least most) would educate themselves on their heritage and whether you have attended or not, negro spirituality is a part of it.I personally don't want to live in a world where everyone thinks the same [[how boring is that?). I'm always excited when I learn something new and always open to hearing other opinions.

glencro
02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Marvin Winans was The Pastor @ Her Wedding now he will be delivering her eulogy some 20 years later.. Earryyyyy

I don't see it as eery at all. Actually it makes sense. She was very close to the Winans family and even visited the church while she was here in Detroit filming "Sparkle". During his radio show last Sunday he said that he felt as if he lost a sister.

marv2
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't see it as eery at all. Actually it makes sense. She was very close to the Winans family and even visited the church while she was here in Detroit filming "Sparkle". During his radio show last Sunday he said that he felt as if he lost a sister.

They all were as close as relatives.

marv2
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20569493_20569492,00.html

Bobby Brown 'Beside Himself' with Grief: Relative
By Steve Helling

Saturday February 11, 2012 09:30 PM EST

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown

Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
Thanks for liking PEOPLE's "Bobby Brown 'Beside Himself' with Grief: Relative". Like PEOPLE on Facebook for breaking news, celebrity pictures, exclusive deals and more!

Facebook Tweet Upon hearing of Whitney Houston's death on Saturday, her ex-husband, Bobby Brown, immediately began calling friends and family.

"He wanted to tell everyone about it before it hit the news," one of his relatives tells PEOPLE. "He didn't want any of us to hear about it on television."

As Brown spoke to family members, the shock of Houston's sudden death turned to grief. "He could hardly get the words out when he called me," says the relative. "He was sobbing, and by the end of the call, I was sobbing too. He's beside himself right now."

Brown has had no official comment on the death of Houston. A source tells PEOPLE that Brown learned the news about his ex-wife while in Memphis, where he is currently located for a New Edition concert. He is "shattered and beyond devastated," says the source.

PHOTOS: Whitney Houston: Her Life in Pictures

Houston's passing was confirmed by her publicist, and Beverly Hills Police Lieut. Mark Rosen told PEOPLE on Saturday that the 48-year-old singer "was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. this afternoon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel," following a 3:43 p.m. call from hotel security.

The best-selling pop artist wed soul crooner Bobby Brown in 1992 in a marriage that surprised many, given Brown's bad-boy reputation. The following year, the couple welcomed a daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

After a tumultuous relationship that included a charge of domestic abuse against Brown in 1993, the two divorced in 2007.

Despite their breakup, the couple remained friendly, the relative tells PEOPLE. "They had Bobbi Kristina in common, and were determined to be co-parents to her. They didn't hate each other. In fact, there was a lot of respect. So this has hit Bobby really hard. He is devastated. He loved her very much. This is a very sad time for him."

• Additional reporting by MARISA LAUDADIO. KEN LEE and STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN

PHOTOS: Whitney Houston's PEOPLE Covers

soulster
02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Ok soulster, I can respect that. If we don't ask we won't know. If someone was to tell me that she was going to have a Roman Catholic or funeral I would instantly know what that would consist of whether I experienced it or not. I'm not saying that every black person has had the same experience but I would hope that every black person[[or at least most) would educate themselves on their heritage and whether you have attended or not, negro spirituality is a part of it.I personally don't want to live in a world where everyone thinks the same [[how boring is that?). I'm always excited when I learn something new and always open to hearing other opinions.

That's what I am saying: it is really our heritage, as we are such a diverse group?

marv2
02-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Bobby attended ,but they could not or would not accommodated his entourage of approximately 4-5 people . He was asked to move 3 seperate times and eventually left the services after less than 15 mins. The security also tried to prevent him from seeing his own daughter.

arrr&bee
02-18-2012, 06:42 PM
It is reported that bobby did attend,but was asked to leave which he did to avoid a scene.

marv2
02-18-2012, 06:45 PM
It is reported that bobby did attend,but was asked to leave which he did to avoid a scene.

Exactly, but he is still in the New York /NJ area. I saw when he first arrived outside the church.

jillfoster
02-18-2012, 07:48 PM

Soulster, I can sum it up for ya. Marv i saying it's gonna be a "Holy Roller" service. Picture a Pentecostal service minus the speaking in tongues. But you can bet there will be uniformed nurses.

Cincinnati_Kid
02-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Bobby attended ,but they could not or would not accommodated his entourage of approximately 4-5 people . He was asked to move 3 seperate times and eventually left the services after less than 15 mins. The security also tried to prevent him from seeing his own daughter.

They said he brought 9 people with him on the news, and the family turned them away. Still, the family should have let them attend, and have Bobby sit with his daughter. It's about Whitney, not them.

jillfoster
02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's my question... who the fuck was in his "entourage"? Was it security people? Was Bobby ascared that someone was gonna try and pop him at the funeral? And why didn't the entourage just wait outside and leave him in there? I bet not one reporter will ask this.

blueskies
02-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I did not enjoy Alicia Keyes screaming. What was that all about? It would have been a lot better had she toned that down a bit. Maybe she got caught up in the moment....? It was beyond 'over-singing'.

Cincinnati_Kid
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Here's my question... who the fuck was in his "entourage"? Was it security people? Was Bobby ascared that someone was gonna try and pop him at the funeral? And why didn't the entourage just wait outside and leave him in there? I bet not one reporter will ask this.

They said some of them were his kids from other relationships, who also knew Whitney and wanted to mourn her loss.

soulster
02-18-2012, 08:22 PM

That's disgusting! The man didn't mess her up, yet he's been demonized, and it's all because of horrible myths that too many people believe just because they want to cling to their fantasy image of a saintly, virginal Whitney.

SupremeBoy
02-18-2012, 08:29 PM
That's disgusting! The man didn't mess her up, yet he's been demonized, and it's all because of horrible myths that too many people believe just because they want to cling to their fantasy image of a saintly, virginal Whitney.

The reasons behind what happened may or may never be known to the general public. I think this goes a lot deeper than drugs. Everything is not so pat and black & white as all that and some things are just not everyone's damned business.

jillfoster
02-18-2012, 08:29 PM
They said some of them were his kids from other relationships, who also knew Whitney and wanted to mourn her loss.

You mean to tell me, they wasn't gonna allow Whitney's stepchildren in the church? WTF?

marv2
02-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Soulster, I can sum it up for ya. Marv i saying it's gonna be a "Holy Roller" service. Picture a Pentecostal service minus the speaking in tongues. But you can bet there will be uniformed nurses.

Exactly Jillfoster! Rev. Winans actually warned the attendees that he may begin to speak in tongues, but never did. Rev. Donnie McKlurkin came close to it a few times, but did not go there. Yes there were uniform nurses up and down and mostly over near the front by Cissy Houston and Bobbi.

marv2
02-18-2012, 08:38 PM
They said he brought 9 people with him on the news, and the family turned them away. Still, the family should have let them attend, and have Bobby sit with his daughter. It's about Whitney, not them.

I didn't see 9 people. I saw Bobby, a young teenage girl and 3 or 4 youngs get out of an SUV and were standing on the sidewalkl in front of the church. They were not turned away, they entered the church. They went and sat in a front pew that was reserved for the family and were asked to move. They were a bit late because I was looking at the clock on the cable box and it was already 10-15 mins after 12 noon. Bobby and his group were asked to move 3 times in total.

marv2
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM

No one asked, but "entourage" is the word they used to describe Bobby and his group. Rev. Sharpton and Bishop T.D. Jakes did speak to Bobby by cell phone after he had left the church and Bobby said all he wanted to do was to see his daughter and show love and respect to Whitney and her family. He decided to leave after being asked to find another seat 3 times, rather than make a scene. I say he did the right thing. He was not treated right.

marv2
02-18-2012, 08:42 PM
You mean to tell me, they wasn't gonna allow Whitney's stepchildren in the church? WTF?

They pretended that there was no room for them to sit.

jillfoster
02-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Exactly Jillfoster! Rev. Winans actually warned the attendees that he may begin to speak in tongues, but never did. Rev. Donnie McKlurkin came close to it a few times, but did not go there. Yes there were uniform nurses up and down and mostly over near the front by Cissy Houston and Bobbi.

See... I'm Baptist, and we don't believe in that stuff. I thought only Pentecostals did that?

marv2
02-18-2012, 08:56 PM
I did not enjoy Alicia Keyes screaming. What was that all about? It would have been a lot better had she toned that down a bit. Maybe she got caught up in the moment....? It was beyond 'over-singing'.

She had gotten caught up. Noticed how she would scream the word "angel" throughout the song. I understood, she was not her usual self, but it was very understandable. I was disappointed that Aretha had to cancel.

jillfoster
02-18-2012, 08:57 PM
They pretended that there was no room for them to sit.

No room my ass. I bet they wasn't gonna ask Tyler Perry to find another chair. What's this about people keeping him away from his daughter? Someone try that with me, i'd bring out the can of whoopass, house of the Lord or NOT.

marv2
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
See... I'm Baptist, and we don't believe in that stuff. I thought only Pentecostals did that?

I know. I know. McClukin and maybe the Winans grew up in the Holiness Church, "Sanctified" aka Pentecostal Church. One thing I noticed immediately that was not done and that is they did not repose Whitney. I believe that may have been because of the television camera in the church. What do you think?

marv2
02-18-2012, 09:21 PM
No room my ass. I bet they wasn't gonna ask Tyler Perry to find another chair. What's this about people keeping him away from his daughter? Someone try that with me, i'd bring out the can of whoopass, house of the Lord or NOT.

That was pretty sad what they did with Bobby. I mean he too had to travel to get there. I don't believe Cissy and Bobbi even knew what was going on as they were on the other side of the church up front. If it were true [[and it was not because see all type of space in pews towards the back) they could have gotten out folding chairs which all churches have.

jillfoster
02-18-2012, 09:26 PM
I know. I know. McClukin and maybe the Winans grew up in the Holiness Church, "Sanctified" aka Pentecostal Church. One thing I noticed immediately that was not done and that is they did not repose Whitney. I believe that may have been because of the television camera in the church. What do you think?

I don't know. I know we always have an open casket... Maybe the TV cameras, but who knows?

marv2
02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't know. I know we always have an open casket... Maybe the TV cameras, but who knows?

That was it! I know just about everyone in that church were wondering why the casket was not open. Whitney's sister-in-law kind of addressed that issue by saying "for those of you that did not get to view the body, just picture how she looked in that video for "The Greatest Love of All". They had Whitney dressed in all white. It had to have been because of the TV cameras that they did not have the casket open at all.

soulster
02-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I didn't see 9 people. I saw Bobby, a young teenage girl and 3 or 4 youngs get out of an SUV and were standing on the sidewalkl in front of the church. They were not turned away, they entered the church. They went and sat in a front pew that was reserved for the family and were asked to move. They were a bit late because I was looking at the clock on the cable box and it was already 10-15 mins after 12 noon. Bobby and his group were asked to move 3 times in total.

Thanks! I did not see the services, and only went by what I have read here and on the internet so far. The news article I saw had photos of Bobby talking with the family.

soulster
02-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Actually, people do that stuff in non-denominational churches, where it doesn't matter what faith you adhere to. I honestly can't say if it's real or not.

abfan
02-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Bobby! He got angry cause they couldn't accommodate him and his entourage [[9 others) in the first row with the family!!! WTF, did this man forget that he's the "EX-HUSBAND"??? Now that is the real story...not that BS he whined to the media about!!!

soulster
02-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Bobby! He got angry cause they couldn't accommodate him and his entourage [[9 others) in the first row with the family!!! WTF, did this man forget that he's the "EX-HUSBAND"??? Now that is the real story...not that BS he whined to the media about!!!

Nuh-uh!! he was the ex-husband and father of her child! I don't know about the entourage, but he had every right to be there!

But, you know what? I'll bet if Diana Ross had shown up at someone's funeral with an entourage, no one here would have a problem with it.....oh shit! I just opened up this thread to the hijackers! Oh well! It was gonna happen sooner or later! I just hastened the inevitable! :)

marv2
02-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Nuh-uh!! he was the ex-husband and father of her child! I don't know about the entourage, but he had every right to be there!

But, you know what? I'll bet if Diana Ross had shown up at someone's funeral with an entourage, no one here would have a problem with it.....oh shit! I just opened up this thread to the hijackers! Oh well! It was gonna happen sooner or later! I just hastened the inevitable! :)

Oh no, I was about to say you are forbidden to mention Diana Ross because you have not been annointed and have not professed your undying loyalty to Miss Ross. Now be prepared to be slurred, slandered, lied on and stalked ! LOL!!!!

luke
02-18-2012, 11:35 PM
The funeral stressed love. It's sad Bobby Brown couldnt/wouldnt be there with his daughter.

marv2
02-18-2012, 11:45 PM
The funeral stressed love. It's sad Bobby Brown couldnt/wouldnt be there with his daughter.

That was very wrong that he was not allowed to console his daughter. He and Whitney were married for 15 years! She sang at his mother's funeral last year in Boston. She was not treated with any disrespect during those services. It is my understanding that it was security that gave him and his guests a hard time.

soulster
02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm sure the family understood. It's despicable how they did Bobby, though. The family's handlers no doubt gave security those orders.

You know what a friend said to me today at work? He said that Bobby Brown "pimped" Whitney. I told him that he had herd a bunch of shit from stupid people.

Kamasu_Jr
02-19-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm sure the family understood. It's despicable how they did Bobby, though. The family's handlers no doubt gave security those orders.

You know what a friend said to me today at work? He said that Bobby Brown "pimped" Whitney. I told him that he had herd a bunch of shit from stupid people.

I did see video footage of Bobby Brown comforting/consoling one of his sons outside of the church. The young man is Bobbi Kris' step brother and he probably looked at Whitney Houston as his stepmother. His dad and she were married for more than a dozen years and I recognized the young man from that reality show. Bobby and some of his children should have been at the funeral. They could have worked out something as minor as a seating dispute in my opinion. On the other hand, I felt much empathy for Cissy Houston who wailed and sobbed when her daughter's casket was lifted and carried out of the church.

jillfoster
02-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I've been reading that his entourage was not 9 people... and why do they call it an "entourage" anyway... they make it sound like he had a bunch of hangers-on with him... i've been reading that it was FOUR people... 3 of Whitney's step-kids, and Bobby's brother... so if anybody thinks that Whitney's Brother in law and step kids don't belong at the service, they got a problem! there were onlt four in the church.. it makes me wonder if Bobby didn't show up with NINE... and 5 were security, and he left the security outside the church, and only came in with the family.

abfan
02-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Read This Other Celebrities were asked to move aswell

Newark, New Jersey [[CNN) -- Singer Bobby Brown made a brief and dramatic appearance at ex-wife Whitney Houston's memorial service Saturday, leaving abruptly after being told that his entourage couldn't sit together, police sources told CNN.
Brown accused security of treating his family badly and barring him from visiting with his daughter, an account that Houston's family vehemently denied, according to a family friend.
Brown was seen arriving with several people and had sat down in the front row of a section marked off for family, before being asked to move. Brown had entered the church with other mourners, separate from Houston's family. He appeared emotionally distraught, with red eyes and head hanging as he walked up the aisle of the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. He approached Houston's casket, passed it and went back down the aisle. Ultimately, he left the church.
Security workers appeared to ask others, including celebrities and government officials, to also change seats to make room for everyone.
"My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston," Brown later said in a statement. "We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continued to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina.
"In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. ... I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how," the statement said.
Brown was expected to attend with two guests but showed up with 10 people, a close friend of the Houston family told CNN on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
"The family approached Bobby and told him that he could stay in the area reserved for family, but that his guests would need to move to a different section to make room for Cissy [[Houston) and the rest of the family," the family friend said. "Bobby said no."

marv2
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I've been reading that his entourage was not 9 people... and why do they call it an "entourage" anyway... they make it sound like he had a bunch of hangers-on with him... i've been reading that it was FOUR people... 3 of Whitney's step-kids, and Bobby's brother... so if anybody thinks that Whitney's Brother in law and step kids don't belong at the service, they got a problem! there were onlt four in the church.. it makes me wonder if Bobby didn't show up with NINE... and 5 were security, and he left the security outside the church, and only came in with the family.

The bottomline is Bobby Brown acted appropriately. The staff at the church did not. If Bobby had elected not to show up at all, it would have been another negatively slanted story about him in the news. Bobby knew just about everyone that Whitney knew. He was closer to her than 85-90% of the mourners inside the church and 100% of the mourners around the World. It is impossible for me to understand why he and his children could not simply sit there at the service and mourn. He did not murder Whitney Houston!

skooldem1
02-19-2012, 12:57 PM
His guest were Whitney's step children.

jillfoster
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
If I were Bobby... and some security person was trying to keep my from my daughter, I would ahve told them, "I'm going to see my daughter and give her a hug and comfort her. If you want to stop me, then your'e gonna have to shoot me, or tackle me on live TV... and I don't think you want that." That funeal director didn't plan properly if she had to keep asking people to move. first of all, you PLAN AHEAD. Like when I deliver flowers to a funeral service or a wedding, I always bring extras with me, because shit happens. You can be carrying the casket spray into the church, and accidentally break a couple flowers off getting it in the door, etc. It's called being PREPARED. So the church held 1,500. that means that 1,450 invitations should have been sent out so you have some wiggle room for someone who might have been forgotten, that has a right to be there... like Whitney's stepchildren. I also didn't like how that funeral director kept STANDING there in the middle of everything, she was being far too obtrusive, and she was wearing GOLD, she was trying to get her time in the spotlight. I have known alot of funeral directors in my time, and her method is NOT typical, nor considered proper.

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 02:53 PM

That was a very childish argument you bring up and adding Diana Ross to the mix? WTF is up with that. I am an admirer of Miss Ross and personally speaking I would have a problem if she did what Bobby did at Whitney's funeral. It boils down to respect for the deceased and the family. Period.

Yes he had every right to be there and all he had to do was just comply with their wishes that he move to another pew. They didn't kick him out. They asked him to move. Big difference. He chose to leave.

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
If I were Bobby... and some security person was trying to keep my from my daughter, I would ahve told them, "I'm going to see my daughter and give her a hug and comfort her. If you want to stop me, then your'e gonna have to shoot me, or tackle me on live TV... and I don't think you want that." That funeal director didn't plan properly if she had to keep asking people to move. first of all, you PLAN AHEAD. Like when I deliver flowers to a funeral service or a wedding, I always bring extras with me, because shit happens. You can be carrying the casket spray into the church, and accidentally break a couple flowers off getting it in the door, etc. It's called being PREPARED. So the church held 1,500. that means that 1,450 invitations should have been sent out so you have some wiggle room for someone who might have been forgotten, that has a right to be there... like Whitney's stepchildren. I also didn't like how that funeral director kept STANDING there in the middle of everything, she was being far too obtrusive, and she was wearing GOLD, she was trying to get her time in the spotlight. I have known alot of funeral directors in my time, and her method is NOT typical, nor considered proper.

They had been interviewing her all week. The gold was to match the casket and the hearse. I can tell that she is a pretty tough lady.

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:12 PM
That was a very childish argument you bring up and adding Diana Ross to the mix? WTF is up with that. I am an admirer of Miss Ross and personally speaking I would have a problem if she did what Bobby did at Whitney's funeral. It boils down to respect for the deceased and the family. Period.

Yes he had every right to be there and all he had to do was just comply with their wishes that he move to another pew. They didn't kick him out. They asked him to move. Big difference. He chose to leave.

Bullshit! What did Bobby do? Comply with their wishes? Further bullshit. He came to the funeral. He and his children went to be seated. They were told to move again and again and again! I think he finally got the message that he was not wanted there so he left without causing a commotion or any type of scene. Diana Ross? Don't even get me started after how she made an ass out of herself at Florence Ballard's funeral now that is what everyone calls inappropriate!

jillfoster
02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
They had been interviewing her all week. The gold was to match the casket and the hearse. I can tell that she is a pretty tough lady.

May be... but in our neck of the woods, a funeral director is supposed to remain VERY low key. But maybe it's a midwest thing. I also wonder why they had Whitney's casket just sitting on that naked gurney. Around here, it's considered tacky lookin to see the wheels and hardware underneath. We always have a skirt around the gurney. Considering the amount of people who would want or need to come to that service, I also think that the choir was too big, they took up too much space from everyone else.

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Bullshit! What did Bobby do? Comply with their wishes? Further bullshit. He came to the funeral. He and his children went to be seated. They were told to move again and again and again! I think he finally got the message that he was not wanted there so he left without causing a commotion or any type of scene. Diana Ross, don't even get me started after how she made ass of herself at Florence Ballard's funeral now that is what everyone calls inappropriate!

We're all going by what is being written in the press along with Bobby's statement regarding the situation. I personally was not there, but guess what Marv? NEITHER WERE YOU.

So with that said it is very unfortunate for everyone involved that this even happened as I feel he had every right to be there. He was when everything is said and done her ex-husband, someone she loved and the father of her daughter Bobbi Kristina.

I am not emotionally invested in this as you are Marv. As far as "getting you started" about Diana Ross it is apparent it doesn't take much to accomplish that. The mere mention or sight of her name in black and white staring back at you from your computer screen sends you into a fit of rage it seems.

That you resort to using the word "ass" to describe her is quite unfortunate. Class truly evades you brother.

smark21
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Maybe some of the mess would have been avoided if Bobby and his kids hadn't arrived late for the funeral?

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
May be... but in our neck of the woods, a funeral director is supposed to remain VERY low key. But maybe it's a midwest thing. I also wonder why they had Whitney's casket just sitting on that naked gurney. Around here, it's considered tacky lookin to see the wheels and hardware underneath. We always have a skirt around the gurney. Considering the amount of people who would want or need to come to that service, I also think that the choir was too big, they took up too much space from everyone else.

Jill you are bringing up some very good points. About the gurney. Although, I've seen it used and displayed exactly like that many times, but for this near "State Funeral", I would have thought that they would have covered it or draped something over it. The choir would have been used more effectively during the actual processional and recessional. They should have sung something everyone would know in my opinion.

marv2
02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
We're all going by what is being written in the press along with Bobby's statement regarding the situation. I personally was not there, but guess what Marv? NEITHER WERE YOU.

So with that said it is very unfortunate for everyone involved that this even happened as I feel he had every right to be there. He was when everything is said and done her ex-husband, someone she loved and the father of her daughter Bobbi Kristina.

I am not emotionally invested in this as you are Marv. As far as "getting you started" about Diana Ross it is apparent it doesn't take much to accomplish that. The mere mention or sight of her name in black and white staring back at you from your computer screen sends you into a fit of rage it seems.

That you resort to using the word "ass" to describe her is quite unfortunate. Class truly evades you brother.

Fit of rage? What is that? Anyway, I wasn't there true. We watched it from home, but the Reverend Jesse Jackson, Bishop T.D. Jakes and the Reverend Al Sharpton all were there and gave the account of what happened as I posted. I believe them. Oh and leave Diana Ross where she belongs, in the Motown Forum. She made a complete ass of herself at Florence's funeral there is no arguing that. Brutha!

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Fit of rage as a matter of how you come off on this forum when you post about her. You call her an ass, you morbidly bring up the fact that she is 68 years old the same age that her mother passed away which is tantamount to absolutley nothing and I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross, you were so maybe you should take your own advice and leave her where you say she "belongs": The Motown Forum. Better yet, why don't you refrain from ever bringing her up again since you have such utter disdain for her and focus on artists you truly love?

marv2
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Fit of rage as a matter of how you come off on this forum when you post about her. You call her an ass, you morbidly bring up the fact that she is 68 years old the same age that her mother passed away which is tantamount to absolutley nothing and I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross, you were so maybe you should take your own advice and leave her where you say she "belongs": The Motown Forum. Better yet, why don't you refrain from ever bringing her up again since you have such utter disdain for her and focus on artists you truly love?

But we didn't discuss her farting at the Grammys in front of a nationally televised audience......LOL!

marv2
02-19-2012, 04:01 PM
For the record, I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross in this thread. That was Soulster. Go read it again.

jillfoster
02-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Actually, it was Soulster who brought her up, so get your facts straight. And sorry, but I consider someone who is NOT family coming up and sitting in the family pew as ass. tough. Now move on and give Whitney the respect to stay on topic and leave miss big hair where she belong, in ANOTHER thread.

marv2
02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Bobby Brown with his kids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjCEp7p7K8

luke
02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
I think BK neded her Dad to be there more than the others who came with him did. Is all this chaos and drama worth it?

marv2
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I think BK neded her Dad to be there more than the others who came with him did. Is all this chaos and drama worth it?

No it was not worth it. It is called "getting back at someone". If Bobby Brown had caused a big scene, it would have been seen all over the World. Can you imagine what that would have done not only to his reputation, but to the way Americans are viewed?

luke
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I mean if he just sat down and his people waited elsewhere.

marv2
02-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I mean if he just sat down and his people waited elsewhere.

Luke from all reports it was just Bobby and his children that entered the church and were basically refused seating. You see if it were true that he was not allowed to sit in the front and asked to move, why didn't the security/ushers or whatever help him and his kids find seats? Why did they ask them to move 3 times?

soulster
02-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Read This Other Celebrities were asked to move aswell

Newark, New Jersey [[CNN) -- Singer Bobby Brown made a brief and dramatic appearance at ex-wife Whitney Houston's memorial service Saturday, leaving abruptly after being told that his entourage couldn't sit together, police sources told CNN.
Brown accused security of treating his family badly and barring him from visiting with his daughter, an account that Houston's family vehemently denied, according to a family friend.
Brown was seen arriving with several people and had sat down in the front row of a section marked off for family, before being asked to move. Brown had entered the church with other mourners, separate from Houston's family. He appeared emotionally distraught, with red eyes and head hanging as he walked up the aisle of the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey. He approached Houston's casket, passed it and went back down the aisle. Ultimately, he left the church.
Security workers appeared to ask others, including celebrities and government officials, to also change seats to make room for everyone.
"My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston," Brown later said in a statement. "We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continued to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina.
"In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. ... I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how," the statement said.
Brown was expected to attend with two guests but showed up with 10 people, a close friend of the Houston family told CNN on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
"The family approached Bobby and told him that he could stay in the area reserved for family, but that his guests would need to move to a different section to make room for Cissy [[Houston) and the rest of the family," the family friend said. "Bobby said no."

It sounds like I was right. It was indeed security's handling of it, and, of course, they take orders from the family's handlers. And, one security person may not have even know it was Bobby Brown.

Thanks for the article, abfan. It's good to know that the Houston family didn't snub Brown.

soulster
02-19-2012, 08:19 PM
That was a very childish argument you bring up and adding Diana Ross to the mix? WTF is up with that. I am an admirer of Miss Ross and personally speaking I would have a problem if she did what Bobby did at Whitney's funeral.

Dude, don't call me childish! I meant what I said! I'm not taking it back, either! And, i'm allowed to bring a bit of comic relief in here if I want. Chill!

Diana Ross? Don't even get me started after how she made an ass out of herself at Florence Ballard's funeral now that is what everyone calls inappropriate!

Amen!

soulster
02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
For the record, I wasn't the one to bring up Diana Ross in this thread. That was Soulster. Go read it again.

Yeah, that was me! I guess some people around here can't take a joke. :)

soulster
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Actually, it was Soulster who brought her up, so get your facts straight. And sorry, but I consider someone who is NOT family coming up and sitting in the family pew as ass. tough. Now move on and give Whitney the respect to stay on topic and leave miss big hair where she belong, in ANOTHER thread.

Alright! I was responsible for bringing in "big hair". I was being funny, but...oh well...back to the Bobby Brown show!

Jesse Jackson looked bored didn't he?

marv2
02-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Alright! I was responsible for bringing in "big hair". I was being funny, but...oh well...back to the Bobby Brown show!

Yeah kinda, but mostly he just looked real sad. He really is a good man [[though not perfect) and it just seemed that his significance there at the service was very downplayed. He spent a lot of time with the media folk from CNN and MSNBC.

jillfoster
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM

That's allright... your'e ok with me! :) And YES... Jesse Jackson looked like he was thinkin about what he was gonna have for dinner or somethin!

soulster
02-19-2012, 09:17 PM
And, I was surprised R.Kelly was there. He sounded like he was going to break down, as he is an emotionally fragile person, anyway. Stevie Wonder pretty much did, but both held it together!

SupremeBoy
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM

Perfect example of the ignorant. You guys [[jillfoster and marv2) think you're cute... got news for you both: you're not. Stay in your lanes 'cause you both sure enough will get run over. I'm not as emotionally invested in all this as the two of you seem to be because unlike the both of you: I HAVE A LIFE. You both keep poppin mess behind a computer screen. PATHETIC. LOSERS.

marv2
02-19-2012, 11:47 PM

Soulster would you please stop talking about " Miss big hair"! LOL!!!

marv2
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
And, I was surprised R.Kelly was there. He sounded like he was going to break down, as he is an emotionally fragile person, anyway. Stevie Wonder pretty much did, but both held it together!

R.Kelly was a surprise. I think that was because many that would have been there were in LA for the NAACP Image Awards the night before. I thought he did a great job although it was very short. Stevie is a true pro, he is very experience in these types of situations.

jillfoster
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
R.Kelly was a surprise. I think that was because many that would have been there were in LA for the NAACP Image Awards the night before. I thought he did a great job although it was very short. Stevie is a true pro, he is very experience in these types of situations.

Some are saying that Stevie is becoming like Wanda from Good Times.... just sayin. But R. Kelly.... where is the criticizm of his vibrato and people saying he can't sing anymore?

marv2
02-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Some are saying that Stevie is becoming like Wanda from Good Times.... just sayin. But R. Kelly.... where is the criticizm of his vibrato and people saying he can't sing anymore?

Wanda from Good Times? Oooooooow, now you know that ain't right! LOL!
R. Kelly can sing his butt off! Every Winan on Earth can sing! If they were secular artists, they would have been the most successful family act of all times!

soulster
02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Soulster would you please stop talking about " Miss big hair"! LOL!!!

You got it!

glencro
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm just glad that soulster watched the ceremony. Now he can say that he knows what the black church is about

skooldem1
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
LoL. I know white people are amazed and feel enlightened now, but that is NOT what the black church is all about. Not all black people attend churches like that. Not all black people are into the "show" that goes on in some of those churches.

abfan
02-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Like I stated in my other thread. Why is it so important Other group understand how we do church...Some of you sound awful trying to explain our lifestyle to other's..What's next Show em why I need a perm

marv2
02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm just glad that soulster watched the ceremony. Now he can say that he knows what the black church is about

They covered all the bases pretty much. The one thing I noticed that they did not do was repose Whitney at anytime during the service. I believe that had something to do with the television camera being present.

marv2
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
LoL. I know white people are amazed and feel enlightened now, but that is NOT what the black church is all about. Not all black people attend churches like that. Not all black people are into the "show" that goes on in some of those churches.

I never really heard worship service characterized as "the show" before.

marv2
02-20-2012, 03:11 PM
What's next Show em why I need a perm

You know you need to quit! LOL! oh LOL!!!!!!

soulster
02-20-2012, 03:22 PM

Exactly my point. I was just never exposed to it!

glencro
02-21-2012, 02:48 AM

Before the homegoing service took place it was stated that it would be a "traditional Baptist funeral". Anyone who knows of the "traditional" black funeral and church will already expect lots of singing, speaking and possibly some spiritual dancing. No, not all black people attend them or conduct their service that way but hearing what type of service it would be it was exactly what I expected. Had they said it would be a traditional Roman Catholic or Jewish service, I would have imagined it to be conducted in the tradition of those faiths.
Not all black family reunions consist of an outdoor bar-be-cue with music, dancing, horse shoes, basketball and spades but if someone mentioned a "black family reunion" that's the picture that would instantly pop in my head.

soulster
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
There are many factions of the Baptist church. As I once mentioned before, I am used to a white Southern Baptist church, and it was very low-key and disciplined. Not even all Baptists are the same.

jillfoster
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
There are many factions of the Baptist church. As I once mentioned before, I am used to a white Southern Baptist church, and it was very low-key and disciplined. Not even all Baptists are the same.

You are correct, and we are very disciplined. In the deep south, some baptists don't even DANCE.

soulster
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
You are correct, and we are very disciplined. In the deep south, some baptists don't even DANCE.

Well, No one dances in the one I grew up going to. I didn't even know people danced in churches until I was an adult and then I only saw it on TV.

nosey
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I had my friends dying on my take of how Jesse looked especially when Tyler Perry was speaking. To me he was looking as if he was wondering how can I get in them pockets. LOL! [[I'm already ducking for cover for the team Jesse folk.)

soulster
02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
I had my friends dying on my take of how Jesse looked especially when Tyler Perry was speaking. To me he was looking as if he was wondering how can I get in them pockets. LOL! [[I'm already ducking for cover for the team Jesse folk.)

It makes me wonder what the hell he was even there for!

jillfoster
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Well, No one dances in the one I grew up going to. I didn't even know people danced in churches until I was an adult and then I only saw it on TV.

Well.. we never danced in church... I meant many baptists from the deep south don't dance PERIOD. We're not like that here, though.

marv2
02-21-2012, 09:06 PM

OOOhh no you dit ent! Nosey! You don't go talking about no Jesse Jackson like that! Jesse is just short of Saint in my opinion. He can be friends with Tyler Perry if he won'ts to and if Tyler decides to make a nice donation it will not kill him, hehehehehehehehe........!

marv2
02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
It makes me wonder what the hell he was even there for!

He is the most reverend Jesse Jackson. He is a long time friend of Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick. I was hoping so much that he was going to speak and that Aretha would sing. Those two together pack a huge ONE-TWO punch! Did you see his eulogy for Rosa Parks. He had Aretha up there behind him singing "I'll Fly Away" while he concluded his message...........they shut it down! LOL!!!!

marv2
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Well.. we never danced in church... I meant many baptists from the deep south don't dance PERIOD. We're not like that here, though.

Jill it really does depend on the church. Some they do much more shouting and falling out, whereas others can get worked up into doing the holy dance.

nosey
02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
LOL @ Marv.

Soulster what I didn't get was why was T.D. Jakes's wife and daughters on the pulpit. Jakes' wife had on the hat. Their all grandstanders in my opinion. [[Again ducking for cover.)

soulster
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
OOOhh no you dit ent! Nosey! You don't go talking about no Jesse Jackson like that! Jesse is just short of Saint in my opinion. He can be friends with Tyler Perry if he won'ts to and if Tyler decides to make a nice donation it will not kill him, hehehehehehehehe........!

Jackson is nothing but a mortal human being like the rest of us. He's made lots of poor choices in his life like any of us.

marv2
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Jackson is nothing but a mortal human being like the rest of us. He's made lots of poor choices in his life like any of us.

He's also has done a lot of good for people. He once helped one of my cousins from Chicago get of jail on a bogus marijuana possession charge years ago. He was a friend of one of my aunts.

soulster
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
He's also has done a lot of good for people. He once helped one of my cousins from Chicago get of jail on a bogus marijuana possession charge years ago. He was a friend of one of my aunts.

I know. I was just addressing the idea that he's a saint. I guess to you he is for that reason.

Most people have a good and a sinister side.

marv2
02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I know. I was just addressing the idea that he's a saint. I guess to you he is for that reason.

Most people have a good and a sinister side.

"Near Saint". I am very aware of some of Rev. Jackson's indesgressions trust me. I just admire him for doing things to help others and speaking up at times when no one else would or had the courage.