PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston is dead

test

BobC
02-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Omigod, Whitney Houston is dead

daddyacey
02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
No details as of cause yet @ 8:34 pm EST.

Damn this year has started off terribly.

My condolences to her family and her daughter. May God bless her soul . R.I.P.

BobC
02-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah I'm very saddened by this but not surprised. As I posted a few weeks ago on this forum, many people, including Cissy Houston, tried to intervene many times. It is not officially known what the cause of death was, but I don't think it's a mystery. What a voice, what a talent--when I heard that note she hit in I Will Always Love You I was floored.

franjoy56
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Whiteny Houston the greatest voice in contemporary music will not be erased from
the public for some time. I cannot believe it the three cycle of death is complete Etta James, Don Corenlius and Whiteny. The cause of her death has not been announced as of 8:30 est her body
was still in the hotel room under investigation. The movie "Sparkle" which she stars will be a huge hit.

Glenpwood
02-11-2012, 10:41 PM
There are no words.... A voice like that will be appreciated long after we're all gone from this earth. My prayers go out to her mother and family....

carlo
02-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I am still in shock. I have no words. Please pray for her daughter.

dianesfan_1965
02-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Omigod, Whitney Houston is dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecA3w33Muk4

She's home now.

jobeterob
02-11-2012, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WH1Ma50QUk&ob=av2e

jobeterob
02-11-2012, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8SguJTgHA

franjoy56
02-12-2012, 01:28 AM
i wonder if Whitney will receive a huge tribute for the Grammy Ceremony on the very night Diana is to receive her honor intersting to say the least. thanks for posting these video on Whitney Jobetrob.

SupremeBoy
02-12-2012, 01:35 AM
i wonder if Whitney will receive a huge tribute for the Grammy Ceremony on the very night Diana is to receive her honor intersting to say the least. thanks for posting these video on Whitney Jobetrob.

Diana already received her lifetime achievement award last night. It won't be part of tonight's telecast. A mention will be made for sure but that will be the extent of it.

daviddesper
02-12-2012, 01:41 AM
I would think the prudent thing to do at the Grammy's would be to develop the best and most inspirational tribute to Whitney that they can manage under such a short time frame, but still have everything else they were planning to do also, and just say to hell with rules, regulations, time frame, sponsorship, etc. If the show goes an hour overboard, who cares? As much as she will deserve whatever is done or said in her honor, the other honorees who may have waited a lifetime for their big moment would certainly not deserve to have their time in the spotlight cut short or eliminated.

captainjames
02-12-2012, 02:46 AM
R.I.P. Whitney

BobC
02-12-2012, 11:24 AM
It's looking like she drowned in her own bathtub and was taking "prescription drugs"

LadySingsBlues
02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
CNN interviewed Diana & Gladys briefly about Whitney at the pre-Grammy gala

Starts at 7:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPgD7kWQw34&t=7m10s

texassoul
02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Has Bobby Brown issued a statement? Not that I care about him.

BobC
02-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't think so--not yet. Does anyone even know where he is? Not that I care, either

marv2
02-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Whitney Houston was the greatest female vocalist of my lifetime. I thank God he loaned her to us....the World!

Bobby Brown was scheduled to appear with New Edition last night in either Memphis or Mississippi. Reports are that he is devasted and in crying fits. He broke down on stage last night telling the audience that he loved them and "I love you Whitney". It has also been reported that he spoke with his daughter Bobbi Chris who is in LA and she is understandably unconsoliable at this time. My sincere condolences go out to her mother, Cissy Houston, Sonny [[Gary) her brother, Bobbi Chris, Dionne Warwick and to Bobby Brown.

jobeterob
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Search Go Whitney Houston 'could have drowned'

ShareThisSunday, 12 February 2012

Whitney Houston

enlarge

Related Articles
Whitney Houston dead
Bobby Brown 'devastated' by Whitney Houston's death
Whitney Houston dies aged 48
Cowell leads tributes to Houston
Whitney Houston's death could have been the result of drowning in the bathtub, reports have revealed.

The legendary singer was pronounced dead in a fourth-floor hotel room on Saturday afternoon, with no immediate apparent cause of death. Beverly Hills Police Department's Lt Mark Rosen revealed that there were "no obvious signs of criminal intent" at a press conference shortly afterwards.

US website TMZ are now reporting that prescription drugs were found in the star's room, with "various pill bottles" spotted.

An insider also told the publication that when Emergency Medical Technicians arrived at the scene "Whitney's body was already removed from the bathtub so it will take an autopsy to determine if she OD'd, drowned or died from some other cause".

There is no evidence to suggest Whitney was drinking alcohol in the room.

The 48-year-old musical icon was removed from the hotel room on a gurney and will now be taken to the morgue for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Whitney had a celebrated career in the 80s and 90s but later hit headlines for her tumultuous marriage to Bobby Brown and her battle with drugs.

She had one child, daughter Bobbi Kristina, 18, from her union with the singer.

TMZ have also reported that Bobbi got into an "angry shouting match" with police officers outside the hotel room where her mother was found. Law enforcement sources say the teen "showed up on the 4th floor of the Beverly Hilton several hours after Whitney's death."

When officers denied access to Whitney's body, Bobbi reportedly "screamed, cursed and demanded to see her mother."

According to reports, she was ultimately not allowed in the room. Whitney's cousin Dionne Warwick showed up later on and was also "turned away" by enforcement officers.

Meanwhile, it has been reported that Jennifer Hudson will lead a tribute to the star at tonight's Grammy Awards.

Whitney was a six-time Grammy winner, and insiders say the show's producers are keen to present a fitting tribute at the ceremony later today.

According to Ken Ehrlich, the show's executive producer, the plan is to honour Whitney's life with a "respectful musical tribute," says e! Online.

"It's too fresh in everyone's memory to do more at this time, but we would be remiss if we didn't recognise Whitney's remarkable contribution to music fans in general, and in particular her close ties with the Grammy telecast and her Grammy wins and nominations over the years," he added.

Many stars have taken to their Twitter pages to express their grief at the loss of such an iconic and influential musician.

"I feel sick.... Life is precious, we are fragile souls. Let's love each other! I miss you beautiful Whitney, the whole world misses you!! [[sic)" Alicia Keys exclaimed.

Singers Jennifer Lopez and Pink also voiced their sadness over Whitney's untimely death.

"Such a loss. One of the greatest voices of our time. Sending out prayers to her family... #R.I.P.Whitney," Jennifer wrote, with Pink adding: "Whitney was the reason many of us do what we do. "a few stolen moments is all that we share" RIP [[sic)."

© Cover Media

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/whitney-houston-could-have-drowned-16116621.html#ixzz1mCC5hLSS

smark21
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Here's a report on events concerning what turned out to be Whitney's last days:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/blood-sweat-dishevelment-whitney-houston-tumultuous-final-days-144148765.html

BobC
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Apparently Whitney didn't have enough water in her lungs to be officially declared a drowning--so it's looking like drugs/alcohol are probably the culprit. Sad.

Roberta75
02-13-2012, 05:36 PM
There are no words.... A voice like that will be appreciated long after we're all gone from this earth. My prayers go out to her mother and family....

I just read that Tyler Perry is supplying his jet to take Whitney's remains back to New Jersey.

May she be with the Lord and her beloved daddy John.

Our hearts are broken Sister Whitney.

Roberta

soulster
02-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Has Bobby Brown issued a statement? Not that I care about him.

Oh yes he has! He got the news while doing a New Edition concert Saturday in Mississippi, and he broke down crying.

Geez! Why do people hate the man so much? They both did the drugs.

Y'all liked his "Don't Be Cruel" album. Y'all liked New Edition...

soulster
02-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I just read that Tyler Perry is supplying his jet to take Whitney's remains back to New Jersey.

May she be with the Lord and her beloved daddy John.

Our hearts are broken Sister Whitney.

Roberta

Where did you read that? According to CNN, the family is taking her to Atlanta.

Roberta75
02-13-2012, 06:06 PM

TMZ is reporting that her body is going back east for Burial in New Jersey.

BobC
02-13-2012, 06:09 PM
What statement did he put out? I still haven't heard one.

I hated Bobby Brown and New Edition. They started that whole whiny, sniveling singing style that I find highly irritating. He brags about going to prison, he brags about doing drugs, he get DWI's--why would I like him?

marv2
02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Oh yes he has! He got the news while doing a New Edition concert Saturday in Mississippi, and he broke down crying.

I don't hate Bobby Brown. He is one of my favorites. Still is. Whitney didn't hate him either. Yes, "Don't Be Cruel" is now a classic JAM! Bobby had many more that I still enjoy listening to. My sincerest condolences go out to him and the rest of the family.

marv2
02-13-2012, 07:25 PM

I hated Bobby Brown and New Edition. They started that whole whiny, sniveling singing style that I find highly irritating. He brags about going to prison, he brags about doing drugs, he get DWI's--why would I like him?

That's what I say about Diana Ross!

marv2
02-13-2012, 07:26 PM

This morning, here in New York, the Rev Jesse Jackson confirmed that she will be flown back to Jersey with a service to be held either Fri. or Sat. this week.

marv2
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM

They hate him because they don't understand and they don't know. He is an easy target and he knows that much!

I use to live in Boston where Bobby and them grew up and if you saw first hand where they came from, you would really appreciate what they accomplished with just their natural talents. By "you" I don't mean you personally, but everyone that "thinks" they are suppose to hate on Bobby Brown!

SupremeBoy
02-13-2012, 07:31 PM
That's what I say about Diana Ross!

Oh so YOU'RE the one everyone is telling me to IGNORE. #dulynoted #suchanonfactor

marv2
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh so YOU'RE the one everyone is telling me to IGNORE. #dulynoted #suchanonfactor

If the Diana Ross Fan Club Society said for you to do that, you'd better not argue or they will start to gang up on you. You'd better listen to them.

captainjames
02-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Actually it is the Mary Wilson Fan Club that is now saying to ignore you.

If the Diana Ross Fan Club Society said for you to do that, you'd better not argue or they will start to gang up on you. You'd better listen to them.

Roberta75
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM

Po po marv2. At least there's a home here for marv2.

soulster
02-13-2012, 08:07 PM

I've never heard him brag about any of that. Where did you hear him do that?

marv2
02-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Well then do that and find peace in it.

marv2
02-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I've never heard him brag about any of that. Where did you hear him do that?

I've never heard that either. I remember living in Boston during the time Bobby's future brother-in-law was brutually gunned down while Bobby was in the car with him outside this popular bar everyone use to go to. He was devasted, but luckily not seriously hurt. I've never heard him bragging about it or any of those things Bob mentioned.

marv2
02-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Po po marv2. At least there's a home here for marv2.

Yeah thanks. Sorry about your "girl".

soulster
02-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I've never heard that either. I remember living in Boston during the time Bobby's future brother-in-law was brutually gunned down while Bobby was in the car with him outside this popular bar everyone use to go to. He was devasted, but luckily not seriously hurt. I've never heard him bragging about it or any of those things Bob mentioned.

I wish people would back up their claims with links to reliable sources. For all I know, the allegations of Bobby bragging about prison could have been made up.

marv2
02-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I wish people would back up their claims with links to reliable sources. For all I know, the allegations of Bobby bragging about prison could have been made up.

They are definitely made up! You see people don't realize that they are generalizing when they say these untrue things. Bobby is a young black man that came up hard, made it big, can be considered a hip-hop, rap artist.....add those elements together and it is easy for some to accept that he must be a braggart!

Jobeterob said in another thread that it is basically a well known concept that minorities [[READ:black people) have a habit of tearing down and trashing their own people once they have made it and have become famous.

I disagreed. That's not what I am seeing this week in all of the great mourning of Whitney Houston.

smark21
02-13-2012, 09:58 PM

I liked Every Little Step and My Perogative. I think Bobby gets a lot of hate from people who were emotionally invested in Whitney's perfect pop princess image of the late 80's Hooking up with Brown may have destroyed that image, but from what I've read, Whitny was not that image and she was already drugging it up and acting trashy before Bobby came along. Ultimately Whitney brought herself down, not Bobby Brown, but some of her fans can't admit it.

soulster
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
I liked Every Little Step and My Perogative. I think Bobby gets a lot of hate from people who were emotionally invested in Whitney's perfect pop princess image of the late 80's Hooking up with Brown may have destroyed that image, but from what I've read, Whitny was not that image and she was already drugging it up and acting trashy before Bobby came along. Ultimately Whitney brought herself down, not Bobby Brown, but some of her fans can't admit it.

Exactly! But you will never be able to convince the Bobby haters.

I may get heat for this, but I think the reason people hate Bobby Brown so much is because he's a Black guy from the wrong side of the tracks. How dare a Black kid soil the pure, almost White-like Whitney? Whitney's image was not sexual, was as pure as a little kitten, and appealed to White audiences in droves. Bobby was a bad-boy who got sexual, and your teenage daughter did the grind to his songs, which, BTW, was very close to hip-hop. Yeah! That's the psychology of it.

I am not playing any "race card". If you examine it, there is real truth in there.

franjoy56
02-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Whitney Houston was black and sounded like a black princess. Why do people have to stereotype people who cross over as lily sounding white just like they did to the supremes, and I am sure both they and Whitney resented it. These artists had the ability to cross over without regard to who they were. Could that be the reason whitney rebeled against her early label as the princess of pop, she was singing gospel long before they put that label on her. may she rest in peace there will never be anyone like her .....

floyjoy678
02-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Why is this black and white shit still going on after all these years? I'm Irish and Puerto Rican, my mother is from Ireland and my father is from Puerto Rico and they both had hard upbringings [[my mother's father the Irishman was sold into slavery by his own family) but I'm not sitting here bitching about it. Whenever it came to music, if I liked them well I liked them I didn't give a shit what nationality they were. Whitney was a great singer whether she was black or white or purple.

marv2
02-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Whitney Houston was black and sounded like a black princess. Why do people have to stereotype people who cross over as lily sounding white just like they did to the supremes, and I am sure both they and Whitney resented it. These artists had the ability to cross over without regard to who they were. Could that be the reason whitney rebeled against her early label as the princess of pop, she was singing gospel long before they put that label on her. may she rest in peace there will never be anyone like her .....

Exactly! You never or rarely ever heard anyone complaining about Teena Marie "crossing over". What the hell does that mean anyway? Whitney Houston completely wiped that term out of existence with her exquisite talents. I for one grew listening to music from a wide variety of artists thanks to the North American powerhouse radio station that was just right up the road from me called CKLW the Big 8 out of Windsor, Ontario. To us, good music was good music regardless of who was performing it!

thisoldheart
02-14-2012, 05:37 AM
i am sincerely sorry miss houston died, but for me she began the demise of the popular ballad by singing every song into the ground with needless histrionics and insufferable warbling. since whitney most songs are over sung messes. up to whitney's reign singers knew when and how to accentuate a song, and when to cool it down. just listen to motown's roster of singers, or her cousin dionne warwick if you want to see how a song might better be sung. whitney created that horrible over selling of a song that is what is all over the radio and american idol. i waited the obligatory three days of mourning to post my honest feeling about miss houston's negligible addition to the history of pop/r&b music. as for her death, well that is quite tragic, but unfortunately she will not be the last. not everybody is built to take the great pressures of life. my heart goes out to her family.

soulster
02-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Why is this black and white shit still going on after all these years? I'm Irish and Puerto Rican, my mother is from Ireland and my father is from Puerto Rico and they both had hard upbringings [[my mother's father the Irishman was sold into slavery by his own family) but I'm not sitting here bitching about it. Whenever it came to music, if I liked them well I liked them I didn't give a shit what nationality they were. Whitney was a great singer whether she was black or white or purple.

It's goes on because racism still exists. I'm simply telling you how these bigots think.

dickiemint
02-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Back to topic, RIP Ms Huston, thank you for so many memorable songs from my teenage years to the present day, I remember buying the 1st album, with the amazing white swimsuit shot on the back cover, stunning. Such a waste of life, sympathy to all who loved and tried to help, her mum Cissy and her Mentor Clive Davis, they must be brokenhearted.

BobC
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Soulster I don't make anything up. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0isvS19AGs

BobC
02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
People don't like Bobby Brown because of his behavior, in the same way that white people don't like Newt Gingrich, Bill Clinton, Casey Anthony, Patsy Ramsey, Leona Helmsley, Rosie O'Donell and others--for their behavior.

Stop assigning racism to white people whom you don't know.

Constantin
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM

"Something in common" was an embarrassment for both. If I remember correctly it wasn't even released as a single in the US.

BobC
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Now that my memory has been refreshed, Bobby Brown has been arrested for battery on Whitney Houston while spewing "epithets," was arrested several times for drugs and DWI, arrested again for parole violation, and failed to pay child support. This is why I don't like him. I really hate it when people demonize white people as "bigots" while failing to notice that nobody dislikes, say, Oprah Winfrey or other black entertainers who are not criminals.

I love my people and am really tired of this racist crap. I loved Patti Labelle for thirty years until her thugs beat a white kid bloody--now I wouldn't cross the street to see her. I guess it's because she's black and I'm an evil white racist.

soulster
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
People don't like Bobby Brown because of his behavior, in the same way that white people don't like Newt Gingrich, Bill Clinton, Casey Anthony, Patsy Ramsey, Leona Helmsley, Rosie O'Donell and others--for their behavior.

Stop assigning racism to white people whom you don't know.

I know an awful lot of them! It's not like i'm accusing YOU of anything.

kenneth
02-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Exactly! You never or rarely ever heard anyone complaining about Teena Marie "crossing over". What the hell does that mean anyway? Whitney Houston completely wiped that term out of existence with her exquisite talents. I for one grew listening to music from a wide variety of artists thanks to the North American powerhouse radio station that was just right up the road from me called CKLW the Big 8 out of Windsor, Ontario. To us, good music was good music regardless of who was performing it!

There are so many examples of criticism from both sides of the crossover debate. Dusty Springfield never sounded "black" to me, but she was often criticized as ripping off black singers in her heyday and clearly early in her career she was the first to admit how much Motown influenced her even though her roots were in folk music. I think Hall and Oates even got some such criticism back in the 80s. With the white singers, the accusation is usually that they're ripping off someone else's sound. I think this idea originated from the early days of rock and roll when Pat Boone and others "whitewashed" Little Richard's and others' music to make it more "palatable" for the white audience, though I don't think anyone ever accused Boone of sounding black!

From the other side, it seems the criticism is usually that of a "sell out" or that the black artists are not "true to their roots." This was often the type of criticism leveled at artists like the 5th Dimension, the Supremes to a degree and sometimes even artists like Nancy Wilson!

So I think both camps have suffered from these sorts of unfair criticisms. I remember one article about this from the New York Times where they posited that based on these kinds of conjectures, Leontyne Price should have been singing Motown songs!

soulster
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Now that my memory has been refreshed, Bobby Brown has been arrested for battery on Whitney Houston while spewing "epithets," was arrested several times for drugs and DWI, arrested again for parole violation, and failed to pay child support. This is why I don't like him. I really hate it when people demonize white people as "bigots" while failing to notice that nobody dislikes, say, Oprah Winfrey or other black entertainers who are not criminals.

I love my people and am really tired of this racist crap. I loved Patti Labelle for thirty years until her thugs beat a white kid bloody--now I wouldn't cross the street to see her. I guess it's because she's black and I'm an evil white racist.

And, those assault charges were dropped. They both did drugs and have been arrested. It's not like Whitney was any angel. That's my point. People have this idea that Bobby "ruined" Whitney, and i'm simply telling you why some people don't like him. You can whine about me being racist or whatever bullshit you want, but I stand by my words. I have no use for Patti Labelle, either.

Constantin
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Whitney Houston was black and sounded like a black princess.

People doesn't "sound black". That is plain racism. Nobody would have said that Leontyne Price, Grace Bumbry or Shirley Verrett "sounded black"!! Where is the colour line that divides voices? That idea that skin and voice can have "the same colour" is absurd. What about Mariah Carey, France Joli or Diana Ross? And Diana Ross's children: do they sound white or black? And I don't even talk about white jazz singers... Well, one, maybe: Anita O'Day who had to face racism almost all her life because she was white [[especially: booed for that reason one half hour long during a concert in Paris in 1970).

kenneth
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
And, those assault charges were dropped. They both did drugs and have been arrested. It's not like Whitney was any angel. That's my point. People have this idea that Bobby "ruined" Whitney, and i'm simply telling you why some people don't like him. You can whine about me being racist or whatever bullshit you want, but I stand by my words. I have no use for Patti Labelle, either.

I think it's fair to say this was clearly a "toxic" relationship. Neither one is blameless. She was an adult with the luxury of a strong support system and finances to make other choices, had she wanted to. Many others in her situation would not have had the ability to leave, walk out, or whatever, because they would lack her resources. The fact that she stayed married to him for so long was sadly telling about her own lack of initiative in this regard, in my opinion.

kenneth
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
People doesn't "sound black". That is plain racism. Nobody would have said that Leontyne Price, Grace Bumbry or Shirley Verrett "sounded black"!! Where is the colour line that divides voices? That idea that skin and voice can have "the same colour" is absurd. What about Mariah Carey, France Joli or Diana Ross? And Diana Ross's children: do they sound white or black? And I don't even talk about white jazz singers... Well, one, maybe: Anita O'Day who had to face racism almost all her life because she was white [[especially: booed for that reason one half hour long during a concert in Paris in 1970).

Funny you mentioned Price! Check out my post above.

Constantin
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
So I think both camps have suffered from these sorts of unfair criticisms. I remember one article about this from the New York Times where they posited that based on these kinds of conjectures, Leontyne Price should have been singing Motown songs!

We were writing our posts at the same moment basically :-)
Of course, I agree with you: you are 100% right!
I love the sentence "based on these kinds of conjectures, Leontyne Price should have been singing Motown songs": that is so unreal!

As a footnote, Grace Bumbry sang a non-operatic song in 1995, a duet with Dionne Warwick: "Just Like A Woman".

kenneth
02-14-2012, 01:49 PM
We were writing our posts at the same moment basically :-)
Of course, I agree with you: you are 100% right!
I love the sentence "based on these kinds of conjectures, Leontyne Price should have been singing Motown songs": that is so unreal!

As a footnote, Grace Bumbry sang a non-operatic song in 1995, a duet with Dionne Warwick: "Just Like A Woman".

I never knew that. Is it the Bob Dylan song?

BobC
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
So what if the charges were dropped? That doesn't mean the assault didn't happen! It did happen and Whitney dropped the charges because they were both high when the incident occurred. In fact Whitney remarked that Bobby's favorite drug was weed laced with cocaine.

I know you weren't accusing me, directly, but you should not project racism onto any white person just because they don't like Bobby Brown. And even if someone doesn't like BB because he's black, too bad. That is their prerogative. I just read that Samuel Jackson voted for Obama because "he's black" and didn't "give a damn about his policies." No one said a thing about it. I don't like the double standard that whites are always under the microscope of racism but people like Jackson are not. We will never get along until this double standard is gone.

Roberta75
02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/14/newark-mayor-whitney-houston-public-memorial/#.TzrKlq7QSDM

jobeterob
02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
The makes me feel a great deal of respect for the Houston Family.

Hopefully, no garish repeat of remembrances by people that really weren't close to them. No more Jackson repeat.

Newark Mayor Whitney's Family Asked City to Cancel Public Memorial Plans
There will be NO public memorial service for Whitney Houston at the 18,000-seat Prudential Center in Newark, NJ ... because Whitney's family didn't want one -- this according to the City Mayor Cory Booker.

A rep for the Mayor's office tells TMZ, "The Houston family has no plans to set up a public viewing at the Prudential Center this Friday" -- despite several reports claiming there was going to be a massive public ceremony ... in addition to previously-scheduled private funeral arrangements.

The rep claims the family specifically asked the city NOT to plan a memorial event -- adding, "In compliance with the family’s wishes the city is not moving forward with any public ceremony."

The funeral is still set to take place this Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church.

soulster
02-14-2012, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE]So what if the charges were dropped? That doesn't mean the assault didn't happen! It did happen and Whitney dropped the charges because they were both high when the incident occurred. In fact Whitney remarked that Bobby's favorite drug was weed laced with cocaine.

So, if the charges were dropped, we will never know for sure if the assault did happen. Also, whenever both parties are under the influence, it muddies any legal charge. She did the same drugs as Bobby did. Again, neither one of them were innocent. All you are doing is taking sides, and you weren't even there to verify anything.

I know you weren't accusing me, directly, but you should not project racism onto any white person just because they don't like Bobby Brown.

A lot of Black people blame him too for the exact same reasons I outlined. It's proof to just how insidious racism is.

And even if someone doesn't like BB because he's black, too bad. That is their prerogative. I just read that Samuel Jackson voted for Obama because "he's black" and didn't "give a damn about his policies." No one said a thing about it.

And, I say it was a stupid reason...if he was being sincere. He could have said it just to annoy White people. However, if Alan Keys had made the republiKKKan nomination ad had run against, say, Hilary Clinton, would he have still voted Black?

I don't like the double standard that whites are always under the microscope of racism but people like Jackson are not. We will never get along until this double standard is gone.

I don't like that Black people are always under the microscope for everything. And, if you think that Jesse Jackson hasn't been heavily criticized for racism, I would ask you what rock you have been living under all these decades.

jobeterob
02-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Whitney's death: Sad, but no shock
By LZ Granderson, CNN Contributor
February 13, 2012 -- Updated 1737 GMT [[0137 HKT)

Los Angeles [[CNN) -- I had just pulled up in front of my hotel in Los Angeles when I heard Whitney Houston had died at the Beverly Hilton, just a few blocks from where I was staying. I sat motionless in the car for a brief moment, not in shock, but temporarily paralyzed by a profound sense of sadness.

She was only 48.

Later that night, a large crowd of people hovered outside the site of her passing, some holding lit candles, others holding one another. It may be weeks before we officially know what happened. The autopsy is complete, but the toxicology report is still pending.

But many of us have already drawn our own conclusions based upon Whitney's well-documented -- and sometimes mocked -- struggle with drug addiction. I hope she can at last have the peace that seemed to avoid her over the last 15 years of her life: the marriage to Bobby Brown, the reality show, the erratic interviews and appearances, and the heartbreaking live performances that served only to remind us that her voice, The Voice, was gone, and Whitney was lost.

LZ GrandersonWe all could see she needed help -- but only she could seek it.

That's why if you didn't get goosebumps during Jennifer Hudson's Grammy tribute on Sunday, you may not be fully human. Hudson sang "I Will Always Love You," in a lower key than Whitney's signature version, but with a delivery that served a much higher purpose. We need to say our goodbyes and Hudson's performance was part of this process.

LZ: 'There is always room for Whitney' Buying Whitney's music is another, as evidenced by the presence of all of her classic singles currently occupying the iTunes chart.

My favorite?

"The Greatest Love of All," mostly for the line,"Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all." So prophetic, so empowering. I can't help but think if she had lived by those words she might never have lost her magnificent voice. She might still be with us today.

All weekend long, we've seen clips of her Diane Sawyer interview from 2002, in which she talked about her struggles. Many of us were not very kind afterward, joking about her "crack is wack" line, and wondered how someone so beautiful and talented, rich and famous, could struggle. From the outside looking in, it looked as if she had it all. If there's ever been an example of money not buying happiness, the Whitney Houston tragedy would be it.

There was a moment when no other singer on the planet possessed her range, power and vocal clarity. True, she didn't always record the most groundbreaking material. In fact, an argument can be made that the arrangement of some of her most successful singles epitomized the radio-friendly manufacturing that choked a lot of creativity out of late '80s music. And certainly the rise of grunge and hip-hop in the '90s served as a rebellion against the numbing sound of that predictability.

But there was always room for Whitney because her voice made room. Two of her biggest hits -- "The Greatest Love of All" and "I Will Always Love You" -- were originally recorded by George Benson and Dolly Parton, two very successful artists.

But once Whitney got hold of those songs they became hers. So, with all due respect to Adele and Hudson and all the other powerhouse vocalists today, it's doubtful anyone can take a Whitney Houston song and make us forget it is a Whitney Houston song.

In fact, the kiss of death for any contestant competing on "American Idol" or any of its copycats is to try to sing Whitney. I don't know why they even try. The competition is tough enough without the added, self-imposed pressure of trying to reach a bar so high that many use the word "angelic" to describe it.

If I remember correctly, there was a time in which the angels themselves would gather round to hear Whitney sing.

smark21
02-14-2012, 09:27 PM
The makes me feel a great deal of respect for the Houston Family.

Hopefully, no garish repeat of remembrances by people that really weren't close to them. No more Jackson repeat.

Newark Mayor Whitney's Family Asked City to Cancel Public Memorial Plans
There will be NO public memorial service for Whitney Houston at the 18,000-seat Prudential Center in Newark, NJ ... because Whitney's family didn't want one -- this according to the City Mayor Cory Booker.

A rep for the Mayor's office tells TMZ, "The Houston family has no plans to set up a public viewing at the Prudential Center this Friday" -- despite several reports claiming there was going to be a massive public ceremony ... in addition to previously-scheduled private funeral arrangements.

The rep claims the family specifically asked the city NOT to plan a memorial event -- adding, "In compliance with the family’s wishes the city is not moving forward with any public ceremony."

The funeral is still set to take place this Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church.

Although some of her most fanatical fans are very upset the funeral isn't open to the public. Perhaps instead they should make a pilgrimage to the Apollo in Harlem? An impromptu memorial has been set up outside the theater. That would seem to be a fitting place for Houston fans to gather to remember and mourn and play her music on the same day of the funeral which would allow her family and friends to grieve in private.

Jimi LaLumia
02-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Whitney Houston's downfall was her 'marriage' to Bobby Brown;
that was the result of quelling the rumours about Whitney and her
very close friend/assistant Robyn, with her mom Cissy warning her
about the damage to her career;
Brown was down on his luck at the time, in need of $$$$ and Whitney
was in need of a husband, pronto,and they married, pronto..
in my opinion, ultimately, Whitney Houston's death was initially induced
by homophobia, especially coming from the 'church/spiritual' background
she came from...if this is true, it's more tragic than anyone can know

marv2
02-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Although some of her most fanatical fans are very upset the funeral isn't open to the public. Perhaps instead they should make a pilgrimage to the Apollo in Harlem? An impromptu memorial has been set up outside the theater. That would seem to be a fitting place for Houston fans to gather to remember and mourn and play her music on the same day of the funeral which would allow her family and friends to grieve in private.

That sounds like the sensible thing to do..........but you can forgetaboutit! The streets of Newark are going to have people all over place starting Saturday morning!

soulster
02-14-2012, 10:54 PM

It is NOT true. How do people come up with this stuff? The two got married in 1992 when Bobby was doing fine with his third album "Bobby" with the hit single "Humping Around". As been stated in the legit press repeatedly, they were very compatible. And, one more time: Bobby did not drag her down. On another thread, BobC got pissed at me for saying what causes some people to hate Bobby so much. I stated one of the reasons. It's not the only one, but one of them. It is clearly ignorant fanatics who start this crap.

franjoy56
02-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Everybody cannot be pleased, oversinging, and being claimed as a lily white sounding
artist are both ridiculous observations. Whitney was an artist raised on gospel
was discovered by Clive Davis who dressed her music up in beautiful orchestration and whitney put her brand of over reaching on those songs. Something Berry did not think was good for his crossover artists, but by the 80's we were in a new type of getting songs over the top and Whitney came along and brought this brand of singing overreaching, and it caught on like wildfire. Mariah Carey,[[pop) Mary J [[soul) followed suit and the rest is history, whether you like it or not this is the story, and Whitney HOuston sold her craft whether it was pop ballads, or rocking pop uptempo she made them songs anthems and thats all folks. she was not a lily sounding artists she was an artist who happened to be black and worked her magic guided by Clive who knew how to sell her.

marv2
02-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Everybody cannot be pleased, oversinging, and being claimed as a lily white sounding
artist are both ridiculous observations. Whitney was an artist raised on gospel
was discovered by Clive Davis who dressed her music up in beautiful orchestration and whitney put her brand of over reaching on those songs. Something Berry did not think was good for his crossover artists, but by the 80's we were in a new type of getting songs over the top and Whitney came along and brought this brand of singing overreaching, and it caught on like wildfire. Mariah Carey,[[pop) Mary J [[soul) followed suit and the rest is history, whether you like it or not this is the story, and Whitney HOuston sold her craft whether it was pop ballads, or rocking pop uptempo she made them songs anthems and thats all folks. she was not a lily sounding artists she was an artist who happened to be black and worked her magic guided by Clive who knew how to sell her.

Very well said Fran and right on the money!

jobeterob
02-15-2012, 02:46 AM
In the future, someone like Clive Davis can put on a concert to honour Whitney and he'll be able to get everyone out.

The spectacle funerals ~ where they drag out Al Sharpton and all the quasi celebs that didnt really know the person plus all the relatives that want to use the funeral to give their career a boost ~ are an embarrassment. As we know with Michael Jackson, those that really knew and loved him didn't participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth, Liza, Quincy and Diana. The majority of his family weren't seeing him day to day anyway.

Sugarchilehoneybaby
02-15-2012, 03:13 AM
... ultimately, Whitney Houston's death was initially induced

Thank you for being the first to offer this perspective. There was somehow, some issue there that I believe ripped at Whitney. Now, ain't nobody calling nobody a "lebisian", but imagine if you will for one second that Whitney felt she had to betray Robyn's love to save her career? That's broken heart territory right there. Just a thought, no one care say for sure....but still...

Sugarchilehoneybaby
02-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Very well said Fran and right on the money!

I second that emotion! If Berry had had Diana's vocal takes edited to include some of her more soulful moments [[like what Ashford & Simpson brought out in her), instead of editing to get the perfectly-enunciated MOR comp vocal, it may have worked. Or perhaps the public wasn't ready yet until Whitney.

Constantin
02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
I never knew that. Is it the Bob Dylan song?

This song "Just Like A Woman" was written by*Andrew White & Harry Reitinger.
On the same cd single Bumbry sings the classics "My way" and "When I fall in love". Very nice.

Constantin
02-15-2012, 08:18 AM

She married Brown because of homophobic pressures??? OMG, can you really be serious about what you wrote?? Can't believe such nonsense.
[[Of course, I withdraw everything if you were in her bed.)

soulster
02-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Thank you for being the first to offer this perspective. There was somehow, some issue there that I believe ripped at Whitney. Now, ain't nobody calling nobody a "lebisian", but imagine if you will for one second that Whitney felt she had to betray Robyn's love to save her career? That's broken heart territory right there. Just a thought, no one care say for sure....but still...

Where in the hell did the homophobia angle come from?

skooldem1
02-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't want to get to deep in this discussion out of respect, because Whitney hasn't even been buried yet. But, I will say that this is not totally out of left field. I have heard about this story before. Cissy is very religious, and they say she put pressure on Whitney to live "the right way". I've read where she even slapped Whitney over her friendship with Robin.

soulster
02-15-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't want to get to deep in this discussion out of respect, because Whitney hasn't even been buried yet. But, I will say that this is not totally out of left field. I have heard about this story before. Cissy is very religious, and they say she put pressure on Whitney to live "the right way". I've read where she even slapped Whitney over her friendship with Robin.

Just another reason I reject religion.

blueskies
02-15-2012, 10:15 AM

I know I'm old and out of the loop.....but, who is Robin?

marv2
02-15-2012, 12:17 PM
In the future, someone like Clive Davis can put on a concert to honour Whitney and he'll be able to get everyone out.

The spectacle funerals ~ where they drag out Al Sharpton and all the quasi celebs that didnt really know the person plus all the relatives that want to use the funeral to give their career a boost ~ are an embarrassment. As we know with Michael Jackson, those that really knew and loved him didn't participate in the public spectacle ~ Elizabeth, Liza, Quincy and Diana. The majority of his family weren't seeing him day to day anyway.

I disagree with your remarks about Michael Jackson's televised memorial. It was very well done and quite appropriate. Those that were there and those that participated REALLY knew and REALLY loved him. His mother, his father, his children and all of his siblings were there. Those other people, those old celebrities that you cited are suspect in my opinion.

No one suffered more or felt the impact of his death more than his family!

marv2
02-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Where in the hell did the homophobia angle come from?

I wished I knew where they come up with this crazy crap.

kenneth
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I disagree with your remarks about Michael Jackson's televised memorial. It was very well done and quite appropriate. Those that were there and those that participated REALLY knew and REALLY loved him. His mother, his father, his children and all of his siblings were there. Those other people, those old celebrities that you cited are suspect in my opinion.

No one suffered more or felt the impact of his death more than his family!

I agree that it was done tastefully and with restraint. My only problem with it [[albeit a big one) was that the tax payers had to pay for it, including all the security, etc., when the Jackson family is so wealthy. I mean, he was a pop star, not a head of state, after all!

Jimi LaLumia
02-15-2012, 05:50 PM
why did MJ marry Elvis' daughter?..oh yes, they were in LOVE!!!!!....lol...get a grip on reality kids...Robyn was Whitney's quit significant 'other'...everyone who was around knew that...including her mother..

smark21
02-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Does anyone think that Cissy Houston could be a classic stage mother monster in the vein of Mama Rose or Judy Garland's mother, whom Judy described as the "real wicked witch of the west"?

Jimi LaLumia
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
she clearly was; there's a distinct sea change/difference in Whitney during Robyn and after Robyn/during Bobby Brown..even someone who's blind can see that..

captainjames
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Hats off to he Houston Family and especially to Cissy for the private funeral. A true class act.

soulster
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
why did MJ marry Elvis' daughter?..oh yes, they were in LOVE!!!!!....lol...get a grip on reality kids...Robyn was Whitney's quit significant 'other'...everyone who was around knew that...including her mother..

I don't know if MJ was in love with Lisa Marie Presley, but she was in love with him.

Jimi LaLumia
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
and you're basing that on what? AN INTERVIEW?..DID SHE CONFIDE IN YOU?
she also loved her German Shepard... Lisa was looking to show her spirit of rebellion to her mom at the time, and the MJ hookup did the trick..the two of them had pajama parties, like Stockard Channing and Olivia Newton John in "Grease"..

Sugarchilehoneybaby
02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
she clearly was; there's a distinct sea change/difference in Whitney during Robyn and after Robyn/during Bobby Brown..even someone who's blind can see that..

Very true.

soulster
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
and you're basing that on what? AN INTERVIEW?..DID SHE CONFIDE IN YOU?

And I suppose you have proof to the contrary...

If someone in the situation says something repeatedly, and sounds sincere, i'll have to take their word for it. Even after MJ's death, she still says the same things, and I don't think she has any reason to lie. And, she did mention his obsessions with kids and using drugs.

But, if a few crazed fans come up to me and say that Whitney's drug addiction was all Bobby's fault with nothing to back it up with, I will not believe it unless you produce proof. All I keep seeing and hearing is stuff that contradicts the assertion.

marv2
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Does anyone think that Cissy Houston could be a classic stage mother monster in the vein of Mama Rose or Judy Garland's mother, whom Judy described as the "real wicked witch of the west"?

Man, you'd better never go out into the streets of New York or Jersey especially and say something like that. You'd get your ass kicked in a hurry. Cissy Houston or I should say Sis. Houston is viewed just short of being a saint. A really good woman.

atcsm
02-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Yup - he's the one that thinks it is okay for one diva to be a drunk, but not another who tackled the problem. He also thinks it's cool for men to beat up women, or violence in general [[see Patti's thugs)

soulster
02-16-2012, 12:20 AM

Who's everyone? Why do I feel like I am about to step into something I really don't want to be in?

atcsm
02-16-2012, 12:26 AM
then don't

Who's everyone? Why do I feel like I am about to step into something I really don't want to be in?

marv2
02-16-2012, 12:48 AM

Soulster, don't even sweat it. It's just another bitter Diana Ross fan trying to bait someone. "Everyone" = "his other Diana Ross buddies". LOL!

atcsm
02-16-2012, 12:52 AM
right - don't sweat it just come on board that its ok to beat women and ok diva drunks antics & we're good. [[according to Marv2)

Soulster, don't even sweat it. It's just another bitter Diana Ross trying to bait someone. "Everyone" = "his other Diana Ross buddies". LOL!

soulster
02-16-2012, 08:37 AM
right - don't sweat it just come on board that its ok to beat women and ok diva drunks antics & we're good. [[according to Marv2)

You're right. I don't wanna be in this, and I think the thread is probably dead now.

Constantin
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM

Are you in their bed taking pictures?

jobeterob
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_mid#/video/bestoftv/2012/02/16/erin-shelly-ross-whitney-houston.cnn

skooldem1
02-16-2012, 01:28 PM

I don't think anyone thinks of Cissy- outside of when she would appear with Whitney at certain functions and award shows. I have never heard anyone refer to her as a saint. If anything I've heard more stories of her not being so nice. This is an intersting topic. I will add my 2 cents. Yes I think she was a "stage mother". I have this feeling that both Cissy and Dionne- and perhaps Darlene Love, wanted for Whitney what they never achieved in their own careers- to be the top diva. I won't get all into why, it is just a feeling. I wonder if Whitney tried to portray this in her "Greatest love of all" video where her mother was standing there waiting in the wings. Another off topic observation I have thought about is this- Many try to make it seem as if the damage done to Whitney's voice was totally the result of drugs. I don't think that to be the case. All threee of them, Dionne, Cissy and Whitney's voices all got deeper and raspy sounding as they got older. I think its a family trait. Regardless if Cissy was a monster stage mother, she is in pain now and should be allowed to grieve the loss of her daughter.

kenneth
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
What is Darlene Love's connection to Whitney Houston? I never heard that she was part of that talented family.

Dionne Warwick, like others such as Aretha and even Neil Diamond, was a heavy smoker for years which undoubtedly led to the deterioration of her voice. I can't even listen to any of her "recent" [[10 years at least) recordings because the voice is just barely suggestive of what it once was. Apparently, Houston smoked as well.

I also think that Houston was still too young for time to really affect her voice. I've seen the vids where she was booed on stage, but have not heard samples from her '09 album, so would be interested how her voice fared in the studio during that time.

skooldem1
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
What is Darlene Love's connection to Whitney Houston? I never heard that she was part of that talented family.

Dionne Warwick, like others such as Aretha and even Neil Diamond, was a heavy smoker for years which undoubtedly led to the deterioration of her voice. I can't even listen to any of her "recent" [[10 years at least) recordings because the voice is just barely suggestive of what it once was. Apparently, Houston smoked as well.

I also think that Houston was still too young for time to really affect her voice. I've seen the vids where she was booed on stage, but have not heard samples from her '09 album, so would be interested how her voice fared in the studio during that time.

I added Darlene because I saw her on TV speaking on Cissy and Whitney. She says Whitney was like a daughter to her. She also wrote alot about Whitney in her book.

Regarding Whitney's vocals on her last album. To me they sounded almost fake. Like it was put together word by word. At the time when her album was out and she didn't get any grammy nominations for it, most fans couldn't understand why she was shut out. I figured it was because people in the business knew the deal with her "real" vocals and all the production that went into making that album. Her vocals appeared to be "altered" at times.

kenneth
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Skooldem1, Thanks for the additional info...K

skooldem1
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Speaking of her last CD, her song "I look to you" is the song that has stuck with me since she passed for some reason. I think its because of the lyrics. Its almost biographical. Its about a person who is surrendering their life to Jesus. Out of all the songs in her catalog this one really moves me now. It damn near makes me want to cry knowing what we all know now.

As I lay me down
Heaven hear me now
I’m lost without a cause
After giving it my all

Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun
After all that I’ve been through
Who on earth can I turn to?

Chorus:
I look to you,
I look to you
After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong
I look to you,
I look to you
And when melodies are gone In you I hear a song
I look to you

'bout to lose my breath
There's no more fighting left
Sinking to rise no more
Searching for that open door

And every road that I've taken
Led to my regret
And I don't know if I'm go'n make it
Nothing to do but lift my head

Chorus:

My levees are broken
My walls are coming down on me
My rain is falling
Defeat is calling
I need you to set me free
Take me far away from the battle
I need you
Shine on me!

Chorus:

marybrewster
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Along with Aretha, Miss Darlene is Whitney's Godmother.

smark21
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Speaking of her last CD, her song "I look to you" is the song that has stuck with me since she passed for some reason. I think its because of the lyrics. Its almost biographical. Its about a person who is surrendering their life to Jesus. Out of all the songs in her catalog this one really moves me now. It damn near makes me want to cry knowing what we all know now.

As I lay me down
Heaven hear me now
I’m lost without a cause
After giving it my all

Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun
After all that I’ve been through
Who on earth can I turn to?

Chorus:
I look to you,
I look to you
After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong
I look to you,
I look to you
And when melodies are gone In you I hear a song
I look to you

'bout to lose my breath
There's no more fighting left
Sinking to rise no more
Searching for that open door

And every road that I've taken
Led to my regret
And I don't know if I'm go'n make it
Nothing to do but lift my head

Chorus:

My levees are broken
My walls are coming down on me
My rain is falling
Defeat is calling
I need you to set me free
Take me far away from the battle
I need you
Shine on me!

Chorus:

Who wrote this song?

Roberta75
02-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Who wrote this song?

Diane Warren.

franjoy56
02-17-2012, 12:57 AM
i love every song but one on that last cd "I look to you" it debut at #1 it was well done considering how her voice had changed. unf. none of her singles hit the top twenty.

simplysupreme
02-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Diane Warren.

Actually, R. Kelly wrote it, Roberta.

smark21
02-17-2012, 09:02 AM
i love every song but one on that last cd "I look to you" it debut at #1 it was well done considering how her voice had changed. unf. none of her singles hit the top twenty.

But it fell of the charts fairly quickly. It got #1 due to fanbase and a major promotional push. But it didn't become a sustained, word of mouth success like The Bodyguard soundtrack or Adele's 21. So while it wasn't a failed comeback, it wasn't a big comeback either. I heard she'll be singing a few songs on the Sparkle soundtrack. Does anyone know about what she recorded?

skooldem1
02-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I keep hearing about "His eye is on the Sparrow".

Constantin
02-17-2012, 11:37 AM

I thought exactly the same and "I look to you" was the video of hers I choose to look when I knew she was dead. The woman and her voice in this particular song touched me and moved me deeply.

Roberta75
02-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Actually, R. Kelly wrote it, Roberta.

Thank you simplysupreme.

Roberta

simplysupreme
02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Thank you simplysupreme.

Roberta

I think R. Kelly is producing the "Sparkle" soundtrack also.

Roberta75
02-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Robyn Crawford remembers Whitney.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/music/whitney-houston-6654718?src=soc_fcbks