PDA

View Full Version : Ron Tyson CD

test

thommg
02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Just stumbled across the Ron Tyson cd titled Recipe 4 Love on CDBaby.com. It includes a duet with Freda Payne. Anyone have this and care to comment? It's certainly cheap enough at $12.99.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rontyson3?utm_source=DiscoverMusic&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=DM020712

arrr&bee
02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Not too bad maybe otis had better watch out if it hits[hehe].

marv2
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I can hear it now. . Yo Ron........you're fired! LOL!!!!

marv2
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Interestingly, but I believe Ron Tyson has been with the Temptations longer than anyone besides Otis. He's been there for something like 29 years!

paladin
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I've heard some of the tunes.......don't really care for his first release which I believe is called Got My Swagga Back . I think that Ron and Preston Glass are behind this one if memory serves. I've seen the video and Ron is getting up there, he is having fun, but it looks like he lost his neck. Its all good he's a Tempt.

thommg
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
paladin, I believe you are correct - Preston Glass is one of the producers. And, wow, a Temptation for 29 years. That's awesome.

paladin
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I keep up with them the best I can. Take a look at a recent pic.........wait put on your sunglasses....lol.......Joe is just too cool.....and moves very well......29 years and Ron has been a great Tempt, as has Terry Weeks....Big ups to Otis for keeping it all together........

marv2
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Now those are some dangerous outfits LOL! My Mom called this evening telling me she is going to see them in concert soon with the Four Tops I believe.

arrr&bee
02-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah i got to give him his props for longevity,i remember seeing him with[the ethics]way back in the day!

TMSG
02-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Hope this album dosn't signal an end of Ron's association with the Temptations. I recently purchased their "Still Here" album and was realy impressed with the high quality of the tracks and vocals, particularly from Ron and Terry. Think this is one of the best Temptations albums of recent years and hope there is another ibn the pipeline.

jaybs
02-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Some of the tracks are good! but when artists of Ron's age try to do material that young guys in their early 20's are doing it does not come off for me, why not stick to your roots what you are good at and those who have supported you over the years if it is good will buy, but very few kids under 20 are going to go out and buy you are singing or trying to go hip music!

The Swagga Back track is rubbish! in my opinion of course.