PDA

View Full Version : Too late to turn back now-the chi-lites

test

arrr&bee
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
A nice little funk groove take on the classic from our friends from the windy city,with a caribbean beat this time around shoulda been a single!

roger
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
A nice little funk groove take on the classic from our friends from the windy city,with a caribbean beat this time around shoulda been a single!

Agreed!! Especially in Britain where the CORNELIUS BROTHERS & SISTER ROSE version was a complete flop at the time [[due I would say to very poor promotion by United Artists), but THE CHI-LITES were very well known..

I've found it on You-Tube ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rji2Td82azU

Roger

splanky
03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
When was this released? I've never heard it before. Also, who is that on lead, it's not Eugene Record I'm sure. It is
nice though I still like the Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose version better. Even if Britain couldn't get it:)...

arrr&bee
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
when was this released? I've never heard it before. Also, who is that on lead, it's not eugene record i'm sure. It is
nice though i still like the cornelius brothers & sister rose version better. Even if britain couldn't get it:)...it's from the[1973]album[a letter to myself]and i think it marshall thompson on lead!

splanky
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Dang, Jai, I wish I had bought that album! I had some singles but in 73 I was deeply invested money-wise in Marvin Gaye.
Why I didn't think of Marshall is another matter. Thanks, bro.....