PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson goes Viral on You tube!

test

Jimi LaLumia
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
thanks to the SOUL TRAIN line dance that she shares with the late DON CORNELIUS...
no need to worry if people will know who Mary Wilson is now; Release the solo, "Red Hot" album on CD!!!
there are numerous editions of this footage all over You tube, The whole World's watching!

marv2
02-03-2012, 06:33 PM
thanks to the SOUL TRAIN line dance that she shares with the late DON CORNELIUS...
no need to worry if people will know who Mary Wilson is now; Release the solo, "Red Hot" album on CD!!!
there are numerous editions of this footage all over You tube, The whole World's watching!

I noticed that yesterday. IF anyone could get Don to dance, it would be Mary Wilson.

REDHOT
02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes,I'll never forget when The Supremes[[Mary,Jean,Lynda)were on Soul Train,when Supreme Mary Wilson ask to dance down the Soul Train Line,and then she ask Mr.Don Cornelius to dance with her,[[and he did)Mr.Cornelius said that,that was the first time that he ever dance down the Soul Train Line, i think it was his last,not sure,yes Jimi LaLumia,The Whole's Watching.[[smile)
p.s also Supreme Jean Terrell and Lynda Laurence also danced down The Soul Train Line, with Don Cornelius
Please stay positive

marv2
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes,I'll never forget when The Supremes[[Mary,Jean,Lynda)were on Soul Train,when Supreme Mary Wilson ask to dance down the Soul Train Line,and then she ask Mr.Don Cornelius to dance with her,[[and he did)Mr.Cornelius said that,that was the first time that he ever dance down the Soul Train Line, i think it was his last,not sure,yes Jimi LaLumia,The Whole's Watching.[[smile)
p.s also Supreme Jean Terrell and Lynda Laurence also danced down The Soul Train Line, with Don Cornelius
Please stay positive

Redhot, the same thing is happening on other video sharing sites such as Dailymotion, etc. It will probably end up being the most famous Soul Train clip.

Jimi LaLumia
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
exactly, and Motown better get on the good foot with all the Mary Wilson awareness that will stick around for quite some time..
someone who knows how to do it should also post the Soul Train performance of "I Guess I'll Miss The Man' and list it as a 'tribute to Don Cornelius"...cos now it is!
[[I would but I have no clue how to go about it)..but Don Cornelius should be in the main You Tube head line!

ejluther
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm sad for Don but happy for Mary; it's great she's being seen as such a lovely way to remember the man and his show...

marv2
02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
They are even talking about that legendary moment in the press. Check it out :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57370234/don-cornelius-took-soul-train-on-pioneering-trip/

nabob
02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
http://youtu.be/oMUvJcztjEg
Video quality is not the greatest, but that was almost 40 years ago.

marv2
02-03-2012, 10:15 PM
exactly, and Motown better get on the good foot with all the Mary Wilson awareness that will stick around for quite some time..
someone who knows how to do it should also post the Soul Train performance of "I Guess I'll Miss The Man' and list it as a 'tribute to Don Cornelius"...cos now it is!
[[I would but I have no clue how to go about it)..but Don Cornelius should be in the main You Tube head line!

Someone has done just that! My friend Bubca! Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92PpfGYvEY

dianesfan_1965
02-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Nice! Very cool video. I've seen other clips from this show with Mary, Jean and Lynda. It's a shame that SOME people still talk shit about Lynda being an offical member of The Supremes. I guess some children never grow up.

Jimi LaLumia
02-03-2012, 10:33 PM
wow...that was fast...now let Motown get behind the track as a tribute to Don, and let's get this tribute started!!!

Jimi LaLumia
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
just checked this on You tube and if you want to get 'hits'/views, the following phrase,[[Tribute To Don Cornelius) should be in the title line, which is what draws people to that particular video..otherwise, GREAT!

Jimi LaLumia
02-03-2012, 11:07 PM
VH1 is showing the SOUL TRAIN documentary right now..

franjoy56
02-04-2012, 01:39 AM
i am now watching the first soul train ep with Gladys knight & the pips, eddie kendricks,
and the fabulous Honeycone. The ep we are discussing with that now famous clip of Mary being the first artist to go down the soul train line with don, features the the Supremes in four count them appearances, in addition to I guess Ill miss the man, they did Floy Joy, Stoned Love and the fabulous Bad Weather unlipsynched that was one of the best Supremes perfornaces ever, Lynda and Mary were really in synch on stage, too bad it got not too pretty. rip don you put our music for the world to see.

jillfoster
02-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Viral is right!!! WOW!! the one with the most views has 317,000 views!!!!! I'm just waiting for Jobeterob to come in this thread and tell us how only a couple hundred people care about these older music personalities.

marv2
02-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Viral is right!!! WOW!! the one with the most views has 317,000 views!!!!! I'm just waiting for Jobeterob to come in this thread and tell us how only a couple hundred people care about these older music personalities.

As dumb as that would be, he will try it. hehehehehehehe........!

smark21
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm glad you all are finding something positive and uplifting from Don Corneilius putting a bullet through his head, thus leaving his family and loved ones behind to deal with the aftermath of a violent, self destructive act of a man who clearly needed help.

marv2
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm glad you all are finding something positive and uplifting from Don Corneilius putting a bullet through his head, thus leaving his family and loved ones behind to deal with the aftermath of a violent, self destructive act of a man who clearly needed help.

No, what we are finding is consolation and happiness in all the great, wonderful memories that he left us with. Only a jerk would ever misconstrue what we are feeling as coming from his tragic loss........ I know that is not all what you meant, right Smark?

Jimi LaLumia
02-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Miss Ross had already recorded a song called "Missing You", which became a tribute to Marvin Gaye after his father shot him...I don't recall anyone calling out Miss Ross on such an obvious move...so STFU!

atcsm
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Wow -such venom. I have to respectfully agree with Smark on this. You don't see people hawking videos of Miss Ross winning the 1995 Soul Train Heritage Award. Go ahead - blast away.

Miss Ross had already recorded a song called "Missing You", which became a tribute to Marvin Gaye after his father shot him...I don't recall anyone calling out Miss Ross on such an obvious move...so STFU!

Roberta75
02-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Where do you get off telling someone to shut the bleep up?

Couldn't you have simply stated that Lionel Ritchie wrote Missing you as a tribute to Marvin Gaye and Diana recorded and released it without the cussing and nastiness?

Shame on you Jimi LaLumia.

Roberta

marv2
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Mary Wilson looks gorgeous as usual and she can dance! I know that she is sad of Don's passing as they had been friends for many years. I saw this clip in the special they had on last night about Soul Train!

Roberta75
02-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Sorry for the intense reaction, but MISSING YOU was out, the album was done, and selling, BEFORE the death of Marvin Gaye; I remember being taken aback when it SUDDENLY became a Marvin Gaye tribute;it was NOT written as a tribute to Marvin, it was already recorded and released!

Swept Away was released in the summer of 84. Missing you was released in late 1984 or early 1985. Marvin was killed in April 1984 so your math doesn't quite add up.

marv2
02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I am noticing that people are now starting to use the clip on blogs such as this one from KISS-FM Detroit. Check it out!

http://kissdetroit.com/videos/fantaseeblu/video-throwback-don-cornelius-dances-his-way-down-the-soul-train-line-with-mary-wilson/

atcsm
02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Wow - you are just giddy with delight over this man shooting himself in the head because Miss Wilson is getting some publicity. Wow - just wow.

I am noticing that people are now starting to use the clip on blogs such as this one from KISS-FM Detroit. Check it out!

http://kissdetroit.com/videos/fantaseeblu/video-throwback-don-cornelius-dances-his-way-down-the-soul-train-line-with-mary-wilson/

Jimi LaLumia
02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
the last time I checked, this was a MOTOWN Forum, not a Don Cornelius Forum, and there was a direct relationship between Don and the 70's Supremes,which is a matter of interest in this forum...
he supported the group ,all versions, through the 70's,and he was clearly delighted by his Mary Wilson moment, as witness the prime spot selection/inclusion in the Vh1 Soul Train documentary;
this moment, dancing with Mary, Jean and Lynda obviously brought great joy to Don,and clearly you CAN"T STAND that fact...
go grind your teeth somewhere else..

atcsm
02-04-2012, 08:55 PM
such venom -calm down

the last time I checked, this was a MOTOWN Forum, not a Don Cornelius Forum, and there was a direct relationship between Don and the 70's Supremes,which is a matter of interest in this forum...
he supported the group ,all versions, through the 70's,and he was clearly delighted by his Mary Wilson moment, as witness the prime spot selection/inclusion in the Vh1 Soul Train documentary;
this moment, dancing with Mary, Jean and Lynda obviously brought great joy to Don,and clearly you CAN"T STAND that fact...
go grind your teeth somewhere else..

Jimi LaLumia
02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
venom?...YOU'RE the one accusing people of being delighted about a suicide..this thread was fine until the haters decided to hitch a ride, as usual... if anyone introduced venom into the mix, it is you..

atcsm
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Yea - man shoots himself in head - now the world knows who Mary Wilson is. Tragic, just tragic.

venom?...YOU'RE the one accusing people of being delighted about a suicide..this thread was fine until the haters decided to hitch a ride, as usual... if anyone introduced venom into the mix, it is you..

marv2
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
If you Google "Mary Wilson and Don Cornelius", page after page, after page comes up with blogs talking about this one particular episode of Soul Train. This is really amazing!

Jimi LaLumia
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
...and this is ONLY the beginning!...this will be the penultimate moment in SOUL TRAIN history!...and the haters will just HAVE to get over it!!!

atcsm
02-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Yea - man dead - Mary gets publicity!

If you Google "Mary Wilson and Don Cornelius", page after page, after page comes up with blogs talking about this one particular episode of Soul Train. This is really amazing!

marv2
02-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Just think of the 100's, maybe 1000's of guests and shows Don had, it took Mary Wilson to get him to dance for the first and the last time on his dance program. Mary is just the BOMB! LOL!

atcsm
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Yea dead man! Why wasn't this news a few days ago. Bless your heart.

Just think of the 100's, maybe 1000's of guests and shows Don had, it took Mary Wilson to get him to dance for the first and the last time on his dance program. Mary is just the BOMB! LOL!

Jimi LaLumia
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
poor,bitter little horror...lol..

marv2
02-04-2012, 09:56 PM
poor,bitter little horror...lol..

I was just about to say that atscm sounds very bitter. If he has a problem with our thread here, he should take it up with Ralph. There's no need for him to go through Super Bowl weekend all sour and bitter. hehehehehehehehehehe!

Mary Rocks! What can I say?

atcsm
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
not bitter at all - I think Mary looks beautiful her and a little bit vulnerable - I just think it is sad that it took a man's death to bring this up. I saw her recently in concert here and thanked her for the joy she has brought to my life. I'm just sad that the few of you are rejoicing in the tragic death of a great man.

I was just about to say that atscm sounds very bitter. If he has a problem with our thread here, he should take it up with Ralph. There's no need for him to go through Super Bowl weekend all sour and bitter. hehehehehehehehehehe!

Mary Rocks! What can I say?

marv2
02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
not bitter at all - I think Mary looks beautiful her and a little bit vulnerable - I just think it is sad that it took a man's death to bring this up. I saw her recently in concert here and thanked her for the joy she has brought to my life. I'm just sad that the few of you are rejoicing in the tragic death of a great man.

That's great but you are a liar. There is no one hear rejoicing in the death of Don Cornelius. I loved his work and what he did for us, the Black Community and America as a whole. So I'll leave it at that. No more wasting time on someone who is intentionally lying. All anyone has to do it read down this thread.

Thanks

marv2
02-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I will have to let Mary know about all of this. She is everywhere on the internet this week!

atcsm
02-04-2012, 10:26 PM
and she and Susaye have called you out - best Susaye quote -"Marv, you weren't there...

I will have to let Mary know about all of this. She is everywhere on the internet this week!

Roberta75
02-04-2012, 10:33 PM
and she and Susaye have called you out - best Susaye quote -"Marv, you werne't there...

LOL. Susaye is a very smart woman.

Do yourself a favor atcsm and stick marv2 on ignore. You'll get nowhere with an irrational person like that.

Roberta

jobeterob
02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
When did Susaye tell Marv he wasn't there? Refer me to the thread somebody. Help me somebody..............!

Now Susaye is in there with the Universal people and a few of the fans that were really there, oh, and Mary too.

I wonder how you go tell Mary when she doesn't know you. Perhaps one of those "I dreamed it things" and then it happens...............the kind Diane often had, got her in the Wiz and all?? One of those?

atcsm
02-04-2012, 11:13 PM
It was long ago on AOL thread - Marv was spouting his lies & Susaye said called him out - priceless.

When did Susaye tell Marv he wasn't there? Refer me to the thread somebody. Help me somebody..............!

Now Susaye is in there with the Universal people and a few of the fans that were really there, oh, and Mary too.

I wonder how you go tell Mary when she doesn't know you. Perhaps one of those "I dreamed it things" and then it happens...............the kind Diane often had, got her in the Wiz and all?? One of those?

Jimi LaLumia
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
a bunch of schoolgirls pulling each others pigtails..
and in the meantime, the combined total of views on YouTube of Mary and Don are just over a half a million, one youtube video alone is at 350,000...the combined total will be a million views in a week's time..
back to pigtails pulling,girls...

marv2
02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Mary on Soul Train

marv2
02-04-2012, 11:36 PM

Only the nose knows Jobeterob. Go back to sleep because there is no fight here. Mary knows........!

marv2
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
a bunch of schoolgirls pulling each others pigtails..
and in the meantime, the combined total of views on YouTube of Mary and Don are just over a half a million, one youtube video alone is at 350,000...the combined total will be a million views in a week's time..
back to pigtails pulling,girls...

I am happy to hear that. I do think it is sad that these few guys are so bitter and upset that many,many people, especially young people will see Mary and Don. I am sure they will want to check her out further from all of this.

I also find it a bit hilarious how far these dudes will go to try to pick a fight out of nothing! LOL!!!!

franjoy56
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Right on to both Marv2 and Jim Lammina, what is wrong with us celebrating the life and times of Don Cornelius a man who brought much joy to tv viewers in a time when we couldn't hope to see our artists on tv in the 70's, consistently when shows like American Bandstand would feature a black artist here and there, Don came along and created a monopoly that should never die. The Supremes received justice by appearing on the show at leat three or four times, and Mary was the first artist to go down the soul train line with this man, Jean and Lynda became the second such artists. Is Bet and VHI wrong for also broadcasting The Soul Train documentary featuring Don Cornelius. Its a shame Don had troubles recently with his health and other issues, but it does not take away from what he created and he needs to be remembered in a positive way inspite of the tragedy.

marv2
02-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I bet had Mary not took off for Europe after the release of "Mary Wilson" in late 1979, Don would had her all over Soul Train to perform some of the cuts from the album. Oh well......

marv2
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Right on to both Marv2 and Jim Lammina, what is wrong with us celebrating the life and times of Don Cornelius a man who brought much joy to tv viewers in a time when we couldn't hope to see our artists on tv in the 70's, consistently when shows like American Bandstand would feature a black artist here and there, Don came along and created a monopoly that should never die. The Supremes received justice by appearing on the show at leat three or four times, and Mary was the first artist to go down the soul train line with this man, Jean and Lynda became the second such artists. Is Bet and VHI wrong for also broadcasting The Soul Train documentary featuring Don Cornelius. Its a shame Don had troubles recently with his health and other issues, but it does not take away from what he created and he needs to be remembered in a positive way inspite of the tragedy.

Amen Sister! Thank you Fran. Don Cornelius was truly a pioneer and in a lot of ways went under recognized. I am sure he knew people admired and respected his accomplishments, but I highly doubt that he knew just how much! I doubt he knew how big of an impact he made on popular culture all over the World!

marv2
02-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Hey Atc, Jobeterob and Roberta.....Mary Wilson is the Queen of Soul Train [[at least this week)! Don't you just love it? Eat ya hearts out if you have one........hehehehehehehe!!!!!

Marv

atcsm
02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Hey - go for it sweet cheecks - if you can celebrate the death of a man to uplifit Miss Wilson - more power to you.

Hey Atc, Jobeterob and Roberta.....Mary Wilson is the Queen of Soul Train [[at least this week)! Don't you just love it? Eat ya hearts out if you have one........hehehehehehehe!!!!!

Marv

marv2
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey - go for it sweet cheecks - if you can celebrate the death of a man to uplifit Miss Wilson - more power to you.

And don't you forget, Mary is back to taking her acting classes right now, so you know what that means! She'll become the Queen of all media by Summer! By Fall? Complete World Domination!!!.........hehehehehehehe!

Constantin
02-05-2012, 05:31 AM
And don't you forget, Mary is back to taking her acting classes

Personally I would prefer "singing lessons" in her case. ;-)

mwmr
02-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Why come on a thread about Mary and just post something so childish as singing lessons. ?? Plenty of people happily pay to hear her sing and plenty of producers book her

Constantin
02-05-2012, 06:58 AM
FYI singers take singing lessons, even Plácido Domingo and*Anna Caterina Antonacci. Especially the good ones: knowing how to sing doesn't fall from the sky. Acting lessons are not the #1 requisite for singing. Why some people are so touchy when it comes to Wilson? Must be for some reason...*

marv2
02-05-2012, 11:21 AM
FYI singers take singing lessons, even Plácido Domingo and*Anna Caterina Antonacci. Especially the good ones: knowing how to sing doesn't fall from the sky. Acting lessons are not the #1 requisite for singing. Why some people are so touchy when it comes to Wilson? Must be for some reason...*

You said what you said to be a jerk. We are not stupid.

marv2
02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Why come on a thread about Mary and just post something so childish as singing lessons. ?? Plenty of people happily pay to hear her sing and plenty of producers book her

Thank you. If you have the time, just read down this thread from the beginning and you will get a very clear idea of not only what the problem is here in this particular thread, but you will get a perfect example of what is happening to this overall forum by a select group of people!

luke
02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
LOL Marv you said it. Do they really think we are oblivious to their behavior. It does look soooooooooo childish.

marv2
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
LOL Marv you said it. Do they really think we are oblivious to their behavior. It does look soooooooooo childish.

So childish. I'm telling you Luke they are like spoiled brats. They go around starting trouble until someone says something that they don't like, then they go running and crying.........LOL!

smark21
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Starting threads to celebrate the work of the late Don Corneilius is one thing. But this thread was started to marvel on how the suicide of Don Corneilius caused people to go to youtube, find the clip of Don and Mary Wilson dancing down the Soul Train line and thus potentially raise the name recognition value of Mary Wilson and urging Universal/Motown to release Mary's 1979 album to capitalize on this supposed heightend public awareness of Mary Wilson. That's not celebrating and honoring the work and legacy of Don Corneilius, it's a craven attempt by a few fanatical fans of Mary Wilson to celebrate what they believe to be a heightened awareness of who Mary Wilson is. IMO, it's in bad taste and it's pathetic especially given the nature of how Don Corneilius. The elephant in the room is that Don Corneilius killed himself. He put a bullet through his head. His family, friends and loved ones are now left behind having to deal with this violent, self inflicted end to his life. So far in all of the Don Corneilius related threads that I've read here there has been very little if any discussion about the circumstances of his death. I think rather than mindlessly celebrating how a lot of youtube users are viewing Mary Wilson dancing on Soul Train, a little more attention could be paid to the very serious issues of depression and suicide amongst the elderly and the reasons/causes of why the geriatric population may be underserved in terms of receiving effective mental health care. To get the ball rolling, here are a couple of links shedding light on the issue. I'll repost these in a separate thread so it can be only discussed.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/older-adults-depression-and-suicide-facts-fact-sheet/index.shtml

http://www.ec-online.net/knowledge/SB/SBdepressionoverview.html

marv2
02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Starting threads to celebrate the work of the late Don Corneilius is one thing. But this thread was started to marvel on how the suicide of Don Corneilius caused people to go to youtube, find the clip of Don and Mary Wilson dancing down the Soul Train line and thus potentially raise the name recognition value of Mary Wilson and urging Universal/Motown to release Mary's 1979 album to capitalize on this supposed heightend public awareness of Mary Wilson. That's not celebrating and honoring the work and legacy of Don Corneilius, it's a craven attempt by a few fanatical fans of Mary Wilson to celebrate what they believe to be a heightened awareness of who Mary Wilson is. IMO, it's in bad taste and it's pathetic especially given the nature of how Don Corneilius. The elephant in the room is that Don Corneilius killed himself. He put a bullet through his head. His family, friends and loved ones are now left behind having to deal with this violent, self inflicted end to his life. So far in all of the Don Corneilius related threads that I've read here there has been very little if any discussion about the circumstances of his death. I think rather than mindlessly celebrating how a lot of youtube users are viewing Mary Wilson dancing on Soul Train, a little more attention could be paid to the very serious issues of depression and suicide amongst the elderly and the reasons/causes of why the geriatric population may be underserved in terms of receiving effective mental health care. To get the ball rolling, here are a couple of links shedding light on the issue. I'll repost these in a separate thread so it can be only discussed.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/older-adults-depression-and-suicide-facts-fact-sheet/index.shtml

http://www.ec-online.net/knowledge/SB/SBdepressionoverview.html

Look you already have a thread on the main forum about death and misery. Leave this thread alone. You cannot force us to pay attention to what YOU want us to pay attention to!

Marv

marv2
02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Besides, I prefer to remember the fun, good times and Mary dancing with Don was a big one!

Jimi LaLumia
02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Someone should write to all the R&B stations, newspapers and magazines,celebrating the highlights of Don's life[[includding the 70's Supremes event) and tell THEM to give seminars on suicide;
you should also tell Tony Bennett how tacky it was to rush out his duet with Amy Whitehouse after her death; he SHOULD have gone on a lecture tour about the pitfalls of stardom;
and how Miss Ross should have donated the proceeds of "Missing You' to gun control groups;
and VH1 which rushed to rebroadcast the SOUL TRAIN special featuring Mary wilson, should have conducted an on line chat about suicide AND gun control while the documentary aired;
when you do all that get back to us, OK?....Touch!

marv2
02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
someone should write to all the r&b stations, newspapers and magazines,celebrating the highlights of don's life[[includding the 70's supremes event) and tell them to give seminars on suicide;
you should also tell tony bennett how tacky it was to rush out his duet with amy whitehouse after her death; he should have gone on a lecture tour about the pitfalls of stardom;
and how miss ross should have donated the proceeds of "missing you' to gun control groups;
and vh1 which rushed to rebroadcast the soul train special featuring mary wilson, should have conducted an on line chat about suicide and gun control while the documentary aired;
when you do all that get back to us, ok?....touch!

ouch!!! Lol!

franjoy56
02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
the reasons for don's suicide was already brought up when Jobete posted all the details many posts ago one being his health issues, and the clinging wife who he wanted a clean break with enough said. Tonight on kiss 98.7 fm in new york they are going to devote a whole hour to the life and times of Don Cornelius, these celebrations are going to be going on for the next week or two, this morning Roberta Flack, called to espress her grieve and to give accolades for all he has done for black artists, it was also followed by call ins from Stephanie Mills, and Cuba Gooding Jr., I was hoping they would get Mary but the tributes will continue whether the haters on here like it or not. I will never forget the first time I saw Soul Train on Oct. 2, 1971 i happened by it on accident, it featured Glaldys Knight and the pips who did Friendship Train, The HOnecone and Eddie Kendricks who just left the Temptations. Now they are sellingthe complete Soul Train episodes on Tv halleighuh!!!!

marv2
02-05-2012, 11:42 PM
the reasons for don's suicide was already brought up when Jobete posted all the details many posts ago one being his health issues, and the clinging wife who he wanted a clean break with enough said. Tonight on kiss 98.7 fm in new york they are going to devote a whole hour to the life and times of Don Cornelius, these celebrations are going to be going on for the next week or two, this morning Roberta Flack, called to espress her grieve and to give accolades for all he has done for black artists, it was also followed by call ins from Stephanie Mills, and Cuba Gooding Jr., I was hoping they would get Mary but the tributes will continue whether the haters on here like it or not. I will never forget the first time I saw Soul Train on Oct. 2, 1971 i happened by it on accident, it featured Glaldys Knight and the pips who did Friendship Train, The HOnecone and Eddie Kendricks who just left the Temptations. Now they are sellingthe complete Soul Train episodes on Tv halleighuh!!!!

Hey Fran, I listen to it this morning too! I heard the interview they did with Roberta Flack, Leon Huff and Cuba Gooding Jr, who became quite emotional. I thought Bo-Legged Low of Full Force really gave great insight into Don Cornelius the man. I will be listening to Open Line again tonight on KISS

marv2
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I am pretty sure Mary Wilson will get the opportunity to offer her remembrances of Don Cornelius and Soul Train soon.

atcsm
02-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I hope so - please post the links when you find them. Thank you.

I am pretty sure Mary Wilson will get the opportunity to offer her remembrances of Don Cornelius and Soul Train soon.

Constantin
02-06-2012, 02:12 PM
you should also tell Tony Bennett how tacky it was to rush out his duet with Amy Whitehouse after her death; he SHOULD have gone on a lecture tour about the pitfalls of stardom;
and how Miss Ross should have donated the proceeds of "Missing You' to gun control groups;

A tribute is not per sé tacky if the dead one was actually a friend or a major influence for the singer. Songs like "Missing you" or "Nightshift" are not really questionable, like Aretha Franklin's album with songs of Dinah Washington isn't. What is more questionable is the re-release of "Missing you" when lady Di died. For some, the Supremes album "We remember Sam Cooke" was too. But those are decisions of the records companies and the singers have little to do with it.

Glenpwood
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
That was a Sony/BMG decision to include Missing You on the Diana POW tribute album not Miss Ross'. It also had the then current tribute to Notorious B.I.G., "I'll Be Missing You," on it which I thought was strange but also a Sony/BMG title. It wasn't reworked to radio. All the money went to the Princesses Charities not the artists. Sam Cooke was out of print in 1997 stateside so not sure where you got that info from.

marv2
02-06-2012, 06:40 PM
People are still adding the video of Mary Wilson dancing with Don Cornelius to Youtube and all sorts of blogs.....Wow!

marv2
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
One guy described the clip as being 30 secs of one of television's greatest dance entertainment moments right behind Michaels' solo to "Billie Jean" on Motown 25.

marv2
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
From Eurweb:

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/02/don-cornelius-dances-on-soul-train/

captainjames
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
You guys can't be serious

loveblind
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I really forgot how well of a dancer Mary Wilson was, very soulful

marv2
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I really forgot how well of a dancer Mary Wilson was, very soulful

All yeah! If you look at any of those old clips of Mary solo or with the Supremes you will see that she was the one getting down! LOL!!!

atcsm
02-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Has she had the opportunity yet? Please post.

motown4ever
02-16-2012, 09:46 PM
That's when Mary Wilson was really pretty before she had some plastic surgeon turn her into Jay Leno's damn sister a few years back.

Roberta75
02-16-2012, 10:58 PM
That's when Mary Wilson was really pretty before she had some plastic surgeon turn her into Jay Leno's damn sister a few years back.

I think Mary Wilson's chin is one of the most beautiful chins I have ever seen.

arrr&bee
02-18-2012, 07:31 PM
that's when mary wilson was really pretty before she had some plastic surgeon turn her into jay leno's damn sister a few years back.if i keep reading these[supremes civil war]post i'll laugh myself to death!!

atcsm
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
What did she have to say? You said that she would comment on Don's death - what did she say? Did this viral video push sales of Walk the Line? What is the latest on Clarity - when will we get to buy it? What was your favorite part of Andy & George's show with John?

atcsm
02-23-2012, 12:27 AM
To quote you Marv2 - no response? Waiting - crickets...............

Marv