PDA

View Full Version : Forever, Diana - fantasy fan tracklistings!

test

Sugarchilehoneybaby
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Here's an idea: since this box set is heavily agreed upon by a majority of fans to be, shall we say lacking, let's come up with our own fantasy tracklists! [[This is for the truly obsessed and/or bored LOL)

I am one who received a faulty first pressing under the tree that year from my Papa, so I know just how shoddy the remastering was, particularly those incorrectly-mastered mono mixes, "Remember Me" being the absolute worst, with massive distortion on the song's crescendo. We don't even need to get into the typos and the infamous "Surrender" mishap!

The only rules are that you have to still include at least 4 of the 5 new songs she did, and of course each disc cannot run more than 80:00. One additional rule I placed on myself is that it should include all her Top 40 US hits [[this is for a US pressing) in their original single mixes [[with a couple notable exceptions - 'Ain't No Mountain', 'Love Hangover', and 'The Boss' [12" mix].

International pressings would substitute hits for hits [[i.e. 'All Of My Life' for 'Last Time I Saw Him'.)

But it can include whatever you want!

ejluther
02-03-2012, 06:13 PM
We don't even need to get into the typos and the infamous "Surrender" mishap!

Color me uninformed - what mishap was that?

As for a fantasy track listing, I'll have to think on that...these are just from the MOTOWN records, yes? No RCA material?

Glenpwood
02-03-2012, 11:21 PM
First pressings of the box set list Surrender but actually have I Cant Give Back The Love I Feel For You on them instead....l

Glenpwood
02-03-2012, 11:24 PM
So the rule is we have to stop at 1993since we have to include the "new" songs?