PDA

View Full Version : High Inergy "Turnin' On" ....

test

johnny_raven
02-02-2012, 10:35 PM
... On CD via BBR Records later this year! It's about d*** time!

soulster
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Please, oh please let it not be compressed to death! Pleeeeeaaaazzzzzeeeee!!!!

carlo
02-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Very much looking forward to it :)

whitesoxx
02-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree! Shame on Universal for never having reissued any of their albums on cd, not even a Best Of!!! I hope BBR will work their way through the entire catalog, although not all of their albums are strong.

thommg
02-03-2012, 04:45 PM
BBR is also releasing the Stephanie Mills Motown lp, For The First Time, later this year. They seem to be releasing quite a bit and I love their choices.

BobC
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
What do you mean by compressed? I thought that usually CD re-issues had bonus tracks, not less tracks?

I had that HI album when it first came out--loved it. Especially Love is All You Need, Save it For a Rainy Day, and Could this be Love. That note Vernessa hits at the end of Could this be Love is absolutely astonishing.

You know, Bayoumotownman said those tracks were originally meant for Diana Ross--and I believe him--but for the life of me I can't imagine her singing those songs, especially Love is All You Need. Chaka Khan, yes, but Diana Ross, no. Just doesn't seem at all her vocal style.

Anyhow this album holds really great memories for me.

candykamaine
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
If I can recall correctly, they broke up after being on Motown 25. I should start listening to them, the Turning me on song is my favorate from them.

BobC
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah they broke up right after that show. One of the girls who performed wasn't even in High Inergy.

soulster
02-03-2012, 08:51 PM
What do you mean by compressed? I thought that usually CD re-issues had bonus tracks, not less tracks?

Not even close! Check this out:
http://youtu.be/7UjQc0dM4H4

whitesoxx
02-04-2012, 05:20 AM
There's also a Best Of coming out soon!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lovin-Fever-Best-High-Inergy/dp/B0074JJT48/

1. Lovin' Fever
2. Heaven's Just A Step Away
3. First Impressions
4. I'm A Believer
5. Love Of My Life
6. Going Thru The Motions
7. Save It For A Rainy Day
8. Could This Be Love
9. Devotion
10. Now That There's You
11. Midnight Music Man
12. Main Ingredient
13. Just A Touch Away
14. You Can't Turn Me Off [[In The Middle Of Turning Me On)
15. Somebody Somewhere
16. Hold On To My Love
17. Didn't Wanna Tell You
18. All Of You
19. Journey To Love
20. He's A Pretender
Product Description
CD Description
In 1977 Motown were morning the fact that their legendary female group, The Supremes, had disbanded. In the wings were four young ladies from Pasadena, California waiting to fill the boots vacated by their idols. Motown swiftly moved to fashion a replacement in the image of The Supremes, so much so that this new vocal quartet were promptly named after their final album for the label High Energy. The e in energy was changed to an I and Motown s newest female group, High Inergy, were born... High Inergy, which comprised of sisters Barbara & Vernessa Mitchell along with Linda Howard and Michelle Rumph, won their recording contract via the very influential Gwen Gordy. They were part of a new crop of young talent coming to Motown at that time along with Switch and the DeBarge family. The writing partnership of Pam Sawyer & Marylin McLeod penned their first hit entitled You Can't Turn Me Off [[In The Middle Of Turning Me On) which reached #2 on the Billboard Black Singles chart, and #12 on the Pop Singles. The group s eight albums between 1977 and 1983 have never been released on CD and this 20 track collection highlights their absolute best from their time at Motown. Guests include Smokey Robinson, Switch and Debarge with productions by Ashford & Simpson, Rick James, Benjamin Wright and Smokey himself too Also includes the hit He s A Pretender performed live by the group on the prestigious Motown 25 TV special release a staggering total of eight albums between 1977 and 1983.

BobC
02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Gotcha. I do hear a difference. Wierdsville. Why do they remaster something if it sounds worse?

brother_love
02-04-2012, 12:23 PM
That best of cover looks cheesey.

soulster
02-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Gotcha. I do hear a difference. Wierdsville. Why do they remaster something if it sounds worse?

Just to make it LOUDER. Customers think louder is better. It's not.