PDA

View Full Version : Martha Reeves - The unissued album

test

Stone Diamond
01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Pencilled in for release around Jan/Feb. 1972, on Gordy G-960.
Does anyone know if there was ever a track listing, for this album?

dzMusica
01-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Lol What in the world are you talking about? What was the name of it?

roger
01-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Lol What in the world are you talking about? What was the name of it?

According to the Both-Sides-Now Gordy LP discography it was to be called "Martha Reeves"!!

http://www.bsnpubs.com/motown/gordy.html

Roger

dzMusica
01-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Pencilled in for release around Jan/Feb. 1972, on Gordy G-960.
Does anyone know if there was ever a track listing, for this album?

You should have preceded your statement with 'Could one of ya'll go call Martha and ask her.... LOL

BayouMotownMan
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
I think this became the Black Magic lp which came out a little later in 1972

marv2
01-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I also believe parts of the unissued album became a part of the "Black Magic" album. The group would disband in December of 1972.

RossHolloway
01-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Well didn't Martha record several solo tracks around this time period as well?

pj1
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Two songs were slated in 1972 for a Martha Reeves solo single- "I Won't Be The Fool I've Been Again'' and "Baby [[Don't You Leave Me)" - Gordy 7127 A/B but remained unreleased until the 1993 collection 'Live Wire! The Singles 1962-1972' .
Mention has been made in the cd booklet and in other Motown books [[Martha's biography included) that some/most of the songs that appeared on the 'Black Magic' album were originally earmarked for Diana Ross- some even had Diana's name written on the tape boxes.

Stone Diamond
02-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Two songs were slated in 1972 for a Martha Reeves solo single- "I Won't Be The Fool I've Been Again'' and "Baby [[Don't You Leave Me)" - Gordy 7127 A/B but remained unreleased until the 1993 collection 'Live Wire! The Singles 1962-1972' .
Mention has been made in the cd booklet and in other Motown books [[Martha's biography included) that some/most of the songs that appeared on the 'Black Magic' album were originally earmarked for Diana Ross- some even had Diana's name written on the tape boxes.

Thank you, I was thinking of trying to make it up from tracks released on various CD's, but it now looks a no no.

RossHolloway
02-01-2012, 11:26 AM

When Martha's autobiography, Confessions of a Motown Diva, was released Martha came to Atlanta for a book signing and she signed both her book and the Live Wire cd booklet for me. We exchaged some small talk and she asked me what I thought of her solo sides and she asked me if they would have been a hit single. I of course shocked that a legend would be asking me my opinion. lol. I, of course, said YES!

loveblind
02-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Probably A solo project. Motown was going to continue with Martha as a solo artists. "No one There" was released as a solo record in the UK. "Won't Be the Fool I've Been" was to be the next release until Martha got a release from her contract.