PDA

View Full Version : An extremely interesting article regarding singer Etta James.

test

timmyfunk
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=698833&silentchk=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Wonder how her family feels about it.

alanh
01-27-2012, 05:32 AM
The same thing's happening in the UK too. 'At Last' is currently number 30 on the midweek singles sales chart. I was amazed that on last Sunday's main chart, the song entered at 39. Bearing in mind that the chart was compiled around 24 hours after the announcement of her death, the 'public' reacted mighty quickly. It's happened before of course, but it's so sad that it takes an artist to die before they get recognised and [[hopefully) appreciated by the wider public!

roger
01-27-2012, 07:04 AM
The same thing's happening in the UK too. 'At Last' is currently number 30 on the midweek singles sales chart. I was amazed that on last Sunday's main chart, the song entered at 39. Bearing in mind that the chart was compiled around 24 hours after the announcement of her death, the 'public' reacted mighty quickly. It's happened before of course, but it's so sad that it takes an artist to die before they get recognised and [[hopefully) appreciated by the wider public!

Alanh .. this isn't the first time that ETTA JAMES has graced the UK charts .. after being featured in a TV commercial for "Diet Pepsi" her "I Just Want to Make Love To You" got to #5 in 1996.

I wonder how high "At Last" will go?

Roger