PDA

View Full Version : miracles & andantes?

test

thisoldheart
01-26-2012, 04:06 AM
was listening to "doggone right" and did not quite hear the usually obvious claudette. is it possible she does not always sing the female voice on all of the miracle songs. not trying to start another battle, but am wondering how pervasive the andantes are on other group recordings?

uptight
01-26-2012, 04:23 AM
That is totally Miss Claudette on "Doggone Right" singing background with Ronnie, Pete and her brother Bobby. Are you sure meant "Doggone Right?" Off-hand I can't think of any Miracles tracks with the Andantes.

thisoldheart
01-26-2012, 04:29 AM
the mix i'm listening to is so mushy it sounds like several high voices. but, seems claudette woulda been in detriot most of the time, and available for sessions. but, you never know with motown!

motony
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Bobby Rogers is Claudettes' cousin.I've never heard Andantes on Miracles records.

arrr&bee
01-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree i also have never heard the adantes on any miracles songs,perhaps smokey didn't really need them as his songs were structured to fit the miracles backing vocals and if you listen smokey was right,the adantes aren't needed on any miracles songs.

midnight johnny
01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Just to verify from Claudette from my interview with her...she sang on ALL Miracles tracks until 1972...except for "Abraham, Martin & John". She also mentioned that during recording, the would have her stand further back than the guys because her voice was more powerful, and that when they used separate mikes...they turned her recording volume down.

thisoldheart
01-26-2012, 02:52 PM
very interesting. thanks for setting the record straight. love claudette's voice, and when i didn't hear it i began to wonder. now i know why. thx, midnight johnny!

midnight johnny
01-26-2012, 11:42 PM
very interesting. thanks for setting the record straight. love claudette's voice, and when i didn't hear it i began to wonder. now i know why. thx, midnight johnny!

You're welcome, thisoldheart!

huntergettingcaptured
01-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree i also have never heard the adantes on any miracles songs,perhaps smokey didn't really need them as his songs were structured to fit the miracles backing vocals and if you listen smokey was right,the adantes aren't needed on any miracles songs.

Interestingly, there is one Miracles song I believe has the Andantes, but they're VERY low in the mix- "It's A Good Feeling" from the "Make It Happen" album. The Miracles [[with Claudette) are in the mix but you can hear a font of heavenly-high voice, ever so slightly. Also, though I won't say for certain, I believe "Come 'Round Here" has the Andantes blended in very low in the mix behind the Miracles as well. BUT these two songs were written and produced by H-D-H, so I'm sure that was just more of the Andantes being part of the H-D-H signature sound.

bradsupremes
01-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Interestingly, there is one Miracles song I believe has the Andantes, but they're VERY low in the mix- "It's A Good Feeling" from the "Make It Happen" album. The Miracles [[with Claudette) are in the mix but you can hear a font of heavenly-high voice, ever so slightly. Also, though I won't say for certain, I believe "Come 'Round Here" has the Andantes blended in very low in the mix behind the Miracles as well. BUT these two songs were written and produced by H-D-H, so I'm sure that was just more of the Andantes being part of the H-D-H signature sound.

It's funny you mention that because I always thought the Andantes were on "It's A Good Feeling" too! It was originally assigned to the Supremes, so it's possible that the Andantes may have laid down their vocals and then when the Miracles did the song they just added their vocals to the track. Who knows.

uptight
01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Bobby Rogers is Claudettes' cousin.I've never heard Andantes on Miracles records.

Cousin. That's right, Motony. That's what I get for posting late at night.

huntergettingcaptured
01-29-2012, 05:44 PM
It's funny you mention that because I always thought the Andantes were on "It's A Good Feeling" too! It was originally assigned to the Supremes, so it's possible that the Andantes may have laid down their vocals and then when the Miracles did the song they just added their vocals to the track. Who knows.

Well now that's something new! I didn't know it was originally for the Supremes! It's a fantastic track. A station here in Chicago was playing it often as if it were a single.