PDA

View Full Version : RONNIE MCNEIR sings a TRIBUTE TO ELVIS PRESLEY

test

ms_m
01-25-2012, 01:18 PM

AVAILABLE FOR DIGITAL DOWNLAOD @
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ronniemcneir5

Introduction to Nobody Did It Like The King Video

Why did Ronnie McNeir write and record a song about Elvis Presley?

Watch the intro video to find out....then sit back and check out Ronnie's latest single and video,
Nobody Did It Like The King of Rock and Roll

Available now for digital download @ CDBbaby.com

http://youtu.be/qr9sCz-v7yw

Nobody Did It Like The King of Rock and Roll Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGhQd5a58_U&feature=g-upl&context=G21c5daeAUAAAAAAABAA

***A special Note:

I realize there are some that do not like digital downloads and I understand but it’s simply not cost effective for us to release a hard copy of a single track at this time.

For quality control reasons, Sunset Island Inc./Ronnie McNeir will only press professionally done hard copy CDs. [[no CD-R) The amount of money we would need to charge to recoup our cost on a single track is not something we are willing to inflict on Ronnie’s fans and all other music consumers.

In the future we may change our policy but for now, digital download is the only method available.

For those that simply cannot break your rule of downloading a .99 cent digital track, don’t sweat it, we appreciate your taking the time to listen and if you like what you’ve heard, please share.

Thanks,
M

ralpht
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
I love this song. Best of luck with it. Great production. Go Ronnie Mac...

ms_m
01-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks Ralph, glad you like it and I really appreciate all your help....you too Abe:)

smooth
01-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Ms M...

Please check both of your Private Email addresses.

Abraham Smooth Wilson

ms_m
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
I got it, thanks.....

MadLad
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Now that is the stuff!! Go Ronnie Mac!! Got to pick this one up:cool:

Colton

ms_m
01-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Glad you like it Colton and thank you for your support!

tsull1
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Fun tune, really nice. Love the horns and of course the singing. Excellent.

ms_m
01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks Tsull, I'll pass it on.:)

ms_m
02-03-2012, 12:27 AM
www.soulinterviews.com

Coming Interviews:

• Ronnie McNeir / Feb 5th

FYI…Swede has interviewed some of the most prolific artists of soul and rarely if ever interviews the same artist twice. He has made an exception for Ronnie Mac.
Check Swede and Ronnie Mac out for their 2nd interview on Sunday, Feb. 5th.

...and follow Ronnie Mac on Facebook. He often does video conversations exclusively for his Facebook friends and fans. The latest are showing now. Don't forget to share.

http://www.facebook.com/rmcneir
More Interviews:
• Leon Huff / Feb 12th [[Producer special)
• David Frank / Feb 19th [[Producer special)
• Open / Feb 26th [[Producer special)
• Nick Martinelli / Mar 4th [[Producer special) [[From 2010)
• David Nathan / Mar 11th [[Music journalist)
• L.J. Reynolds / Mar 18th
• Crystal Johnson / Mar 25th
• Glenn Jones / Apr 1st

Recent interviews:

George Duke
James D-Train William
Leon Ware

All past and present interviews are archived on the soulinterviews site
www.soulinterviews.com

paladin
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
I belong to this site and the interviews are top notch. I'll be sure to check for RMac.......

Kdub

ms_m
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Swede is "da man" Kdub, thanks for your support and don't forget to chk out Ronnie's FB video....it's a lot of fun....Ronnie Mac, being Ronnie Mac as only Ronnie Mac can....LOL

ms_m
02-05-2012, 08:08 PM

http://www.soulinterviews.com/

ms_m
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Ronnie Mac on working with great singers:

"I hear it better than I do it"

Rance Allen:

"one of the greatest singers I've ever worked with...."

Theo Peoples:

" great at his worse and magnificent at his best"

heikki
02-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Hi!

I'm glad that Ronnie is these days presented on many forums. He really deserves it.
There's only one minor thing that left me confused. For me Ronnie told that he was born in 1949 [[not in 1951) at
http://www.soulexpress.net/deep3_2011.htm#ronniemcneir
and in his Facebook video, part 1, he says that last December he had a birthday party, when he turned 62.

Best regards
Heikki

ms_m
02-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi Heikki,
Ronnie was born in 1949. [[Dec 14) I need to go back to the video to be sure but I think he may have said, " this past Dec I turned 62" [[referring to Dec 2011)....at least that's what he meant....LOL

I'll check it out to be sure.

ms_m
02-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Yep, he's referring to the birthday and CD release party this past Dec. [[2011)

I need to check with him about something else though. On the video he said he's been a Top 10 years. In the interview with Swede I think he said he became a Top officially in 2000.

Ronnie subbed as a Top for at least one show that I can remember and maybe a few more between Jun and Dec of 2000 but didn't officially become a Top until 2001.

If I'm not mistaken, Levi's last performance was at a WH dinner for President Clinton In Dec 2000. For historical accuracy I'll check it out. :)

P.S.
Just thought of something. I don't know the date of that WH dinner but it is possible Ronnie may have started "officially" performing as a 4Top at a New year's eve gig on Dec 31, 2000. It's a minor quibble but I know soul historians like to be accurate so I will check with him about it. Either way, the 10 year comment [[from the video) was a mistake.

heikki
02-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi!

For the same artcle above he told me that he's "been a full member of the Four Tops since January 2011", but he became "the fourth man" on the stage already in 2000 in South Carolina, when they were opening up for the Beach Boys and Levi got sick.

Best regards
Heikki

ms_m
02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Heikki, the direct quote from your article says the following,

“In 2000 one day in South Carolina we were opening up for the Beach Boys and Levi got sick and couldn’t do the show. I became the fourth man on stage. They moved Theo Peoples up to the lead singer, because he’s got that strong voice like Levi. I’m like a Marvin Gaye type of singer. So Theo and I, we did three nights. After that the group saw that if anything happened I could step in. Levi retired that year in December, and I’ve been a full member of the Four Tops since January 2001.”

This is correct.... and also confirms what I said above.

juicefree20
02-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Damn...to paraphrase Big Red..."What is it Ronnie Mac don't do?"

ms_m
02-13-2012, 02:28 AM
After all these years of listening to his music I said the same thing Juice....LOL....the next CD will be very jazz oriented...he's on a roll.:)

juicefree20
02-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Was just speaking about Theo yesterday following a concert & the consensus was that Theo has it all...looks, charisma & one hell of a voice. In a fair world, Theo would be a household name!

As for Dr. Rance Allen, I knew nothing about him until about 1988 when I heard his spectacular Tour De' Force on the amazing ballad "I Belong To You". It was only afterward that I learned of his earlier music on Stax, via the Stax box sets. A tremendously underrated voice if ever there were one.

juicefree20
02-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Ms.M:

I wonder if some of them will be the tracks that he played for me at Westbury? If so, they were damned good!

ms_m
02-13-2012, 02:34 AM
WOW, Theo is on a lot of minds lately. Been hearing his name a lot these days. He's doing well, he has a group that he put together and they do gigs in and around St Louis. He seems happy and that's about all you can ask for.

Ronnie speaks very highly of Rance Allen...he actually had a gospel CD out not too long ago that was getting a love of rave reviews so he's still doing his thing and still has his chops.

ms_m
02-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Ms.M:

I wonder if some of them will be the tracks that he played for me at Westbury? If so, they were damned good!

I think so Juice.....keep in mind he is constantly changing and re-working stuff up until the last minute but yep, I think those are the same ones you heard.

juicefree20
02-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Well the video is definitely different for Ronnie, it definitely has a swing to it & this style suits Ronnie's voice well. And I see young Mr. Schultz on the drums :)

The musicianship is excellent!

ms_m
02-13-2012, 02:39 AM
You have to check Drew out he's really getting out there. He's put together a CD to benefit the Detroit school system. He's really spreading his wings and we're all quite proud of the "kid"...LOL

juicefree20
02-13-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm proud of him. I'm sure that we all remember him back when he was first starting out here. I'm happy to see him getting to live out his dream & he's a very nice young man & is getting to show his talent.

Great job Drew!

ms_m
02-13-2012, 02:47 AM
I know, wild huh? I still remember when he first came here. He was a big time Tops fan and look at him now....LOL

juicefree20
02-13-2012, 03:00 AM
The funny thing is that when I saw them at Westbury, at first he didn't know that it was me. I guess that he was so caught up with that rarified air that he was so busy with the performance. It was until I was leaving that he knew that it was me.

I'm on the phone with the lady & have to go. I'll speak with you later today.

Have a good one Ms. M :)

ms_m
02-13-2012, 03:04 AM
you too Juice.:)

ms_m
03-02-2012, 10:47 AM
While we are waiting on Teddy Morrow's What's Going on, I thought I'd post this.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dIuQu8PGR5I

ralpht
03-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Ronnie does a nice job on this song, MS.M. I'm hoping before today is over that CDBaby will have Teddie's version ready to go.

ms_m
03-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Ronnie Mac says, "thanks man"....LOL

Hopefully they will have Teddy's track up next week.

ralpht
03-03-2012, 04:13 PM
One can hope, Ms.M.

destruction
03-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Ms M.....Nice stuff.... I'm sure Ronnie mentioned his boy in the intro to this.....probably part of his inspiration for performing it.

ms_m
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Ms M.....Nice stuff.... I'm sure Ronnie mentioned his boy in the intro to this.....probably part of his inspiration for performing it.

Yep, he re-worked the intro from "Just Ask the Lonely"....the difference, this solo is dedicated to Obie Only.

FYI: Spike took over the, "Just Ask The Lonely" solo, Roq still does "Dance with my Father and Duke does, My[[our) Way:)

wonder_woman
07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi Mrs M I would love to hear Ronnie do a version of Two On A Cloud originally by Curt Darin, a sensational under-estimated tune and he would do it justice with his sulky soulful vocals.