PDA

View Full Version : Scherrie Payne And Lynda Laurence Former Ladies Of The Supremes Working On New CD

test

REDHOT
01-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I just heard that Scherrie Payne And Lynda Laurence,Former Ladies Of The Supremes With Joyce Vincent are working on a new album,i can't wait to get it,from what i hear,it will be out before the year[[2012) is up,this is great news for they're fans,Like myself.[[smile)
p.s F.L.O.S come to Los Angeles Ca,we miss you
Please stay positive

luke
01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Id heard this quite awhile ago. Scherrie was also to have released a new version of Let Yourself Go. Things have been very quiet on the FLos front!

redlabs
01-23-2012, 09:32 PM
hope we dont have to wait al long as Marys solo album!

luke
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
True though I heard about their cd close to two years ago!

BayouMotownMan
01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Well guys, you have to put things into perspective. These ladies are approaching their 70th year and likely whatever music they put has to be funded by themselves or by someone with money. Let's face it, the latter possibility is preferable but unlikely. Jean Terrell announced a jazz cd in the works a few years ago, and I understand that has been scrapped. It's not cheap to do music if you want it to sound good. I'd love to hear new material from all these gifted women, but I don't hold my breath.

carlo
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah, it seems like I've been reading this for a while now. I remember reading that they were back in the studio recording a new album around 2004 or 2005, back when Freddi was still in the group. I will welcome any new music from the FLOS.

Roberta75
01-23-2012, 10:30 PM
True though I heard about their cd close to two years ago!

And a lot of us have been hearing about Mary's CD for almost nine years. Apart from getting a dig in at Scherrie and Lynda, what's your point?

Roberta75
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Well guys, you have to put things into perspective. These ladies are approaching their 70th year and likely whatever music they put has to be funded by themselves or by someone with money. Let's face it, the latter possibility is preferable but unlikely. Jean Terrell announced a jazz cd in the works a few years ago, and I understand that has been scrapped. It's not cheap to do music if you want it to sound good. I'd love to hear new material from all these gifted women, but I don't hold my breath.

The voice of reason. Thank you.

Roberta

carlo
01-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Jean Terrell announced a jazz cd in the works a few years ago, and I understand that has been scrapped.

I was in contact with Jean's manager, Saundra Newman, this past summer. I asked her about the jazz project and she said that it's still in the works. I don't know if she was just saying that, or if it's truly still in progress. But as you say, with all of these delays with these various projects, it's doubtful they will ever see the light of day. One can only hope.

BayouMotownMan
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd be the first one to buy Jean's CD. She remains my favorite female vocalist. I'd even contribute to get this out there.

jobeterob
01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
All these posts show the reasons that we must be supportive of the various Supremes.

They, even Diana, are way out of the mainstream of popular music now. Taking 10 years to get a CD is kind of the norm. There will be no Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys for any group of Supremes now.

Taking digs at any of the ladies just means you aren't really a fan of any of them because they'd never approve of it.

Accentuating the divisions takes them all down and makes it harder for them to appear in concert, receive awards, get CDs released or go on tour because it makes it appear to promoters that they aren't popular. That was the great tragedy of Return to Love.

redlabs
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
i am a fan and have been all my life or about 85 percent of it. now i am approaching the big 50 and i am still a fan but i was stating a fact. we have been waiting along time for Mary,s cd. all the ladies are talented and gave of themselves to the group. i agree that if RTL had been successful things may be a bit different now?

ivyfield
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Boy, how I wished Diana, Scherrie & Lynda would have recorded at least one new song as Diana Ross & The Supremes, but it didn't happen. I remember the day Lynda called me to say 'It's on, [[the tour) we're signing the contracts today' I said are you going to record some new stuff together and she told me 'No, it's just a live tour'. How can you feel gutted and extremely excited at the same time? I was. Anyway, at least we have all the video footage from the RTL tour and promo stuff. The tour poster still has pride of place in my hallway..!

Back to SYII - I'm back in the studio this week to work on the 7th track. This stuff takes time [[and LOTS of money) but we're on schedule. I'll do my dam-nest to get the CD out before 2013 creeps in. Can't wait to state the words 'Promises Kept'..! Stoned Love, Steve.